Mini stroke that I had

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by cosmictraveler, Dec 1, 2008.

1. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

They have a new MRI that is open all the way around. Not bad unless you have to itch something and if you move theyt must start all over again! The 45 minutes I was in there wasn't to bad.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

wow, thats cool!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

My blood pressure is 140/80 and has been that way since I think I was 18... I'm 24 now.

My doctor wanted to put me on blood pressure medication but I refuse to do so for a few reasons. One, I don't want to form a psychological dependence on a pill because I'll never get around to treating the root cause. Second, the cause of my high blood pressure is, in all likelihood, mental. My sodium levels are fine and I even went low-sodium for a while... zero change. When I take in to account my addiction to caffeine, simple sugars, and other stimulants, I have come to realize that I have a natural low-level amount of basal stimulation, which was evident all my life.

So, my theory is that in order to function through out the day with little stimulation, I cause myself unneeded anxiety. Others have noticed that... I don't know how to relax and I easily get irritated or pissed off. I can easily become addicted to working 70+ hours a week or playing video games for just as long.

Interestingly (or at least to me), the lowest heart rated I recorded for myself was 57 BPM with blood pressure at 138/80. The lowest diastolic BP I had was 70 or so. Systolic BP stays the same always.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Liebling Doesn't Need to be Spoonfed. Valued Senior Member

I hope it goes okay for you, cosmictraveler. It's a very scary thing. Have they tested your blood sugar levels and ruled out diabetes? A close friend of mine had a TIA and then a major stroke when she was just 22 because she had undiagnosed diabetes. They called the first a "fainting spell", and ignored the fact that she kept listing to the right when she walked afterwards.

I sincerely hope that it all comes out okay. Until then, keep taking your meds and we'll keep sending you positive thoughts.

I've had two MRI's recently, one where I was fine and the other when I was on day four of a particularly bad migraine headache. Trust me when I tell you that none of you ever want to have an MRI when you have a headache. I wanted to stop breathing just to end the pain of the droning magnets. I am not claustrophobic, but I could see where one of those machines might drive someone who was absolutely batty. It's a pretty confined space, and add to that the lights and sound... not pleasent. I didn't have a plastic frame on my head that was squeezing it though, and I've never seen or heard anyone that has. Just a few velcro straps to make sure you don't move your head.