Millionaire Soldier signs on for 3rd tour in Iraq

Discussion in 'World Events' started by madanthonywayne, Mar 1, 2008.

1. 15ofthe19 35 year old virgin Registered Senior Member

LOL, you chance nothing. You served many years ago. Good for you.

Now you sit in your righteous indignation catbird seat, risking nothing, and claim the moral high ground on virtually everything. If you don't understand why that is just completely insulting to some of us, well then I guess you've become so accustomed to the sweet smell of your own farts that you're beyond help.

A serious question: Does your white guilt and American self-loathing get mileage with anybody? Do the chicks where you live dig it?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

Helping suck us down the hole faster.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

15/19: "your righteous indignation catbird seat"

I'd like to try one of those- do they come with the shiatzu massage gadget?

"risking nothing"

What more must I risk in your limited view of my life, in order earn the right to express my opinion? And if you've ever read it, where did you get your copy of the US Constitution? Are you aware of the purpose of Constitutional checks and balances on power, including limitations on the power to initiate elective warfare?

"claim the moral high ground on virtually everything."

I've been trying to point out where morally higher ground has already been claimed in terms of our national conduct, and how USAmericans in public service swear to uphold the deed to that high ground, called the Constitution of the USA.

"If you don't understand why that is just completely insulting to some of us"

Since you offer no counterpoint, no defense of the Constitutionality, justness, and benefits of the Iraq War, it seems to me you're only expressing a superficial indignation. If I'm threatening some differing convictions that you hold, then stand up for what you believe. If you sincerely take issue with my position that the Iraq war is not a beneficial, honorable or even Constitutional national enterprise for the USA to be involved in, why not make your case?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. sly1 Heartless Registered Senior Member

although I agree with you there is a perspetive that I personaly tip my hat to. That perspective is the one where he is going not for america and its leaders agenda etc etc, but instead to help save his brothers in arms lives who are still over there, fighting.

Is that why he is going back? Its the only perspective on his decision I find honorable though.

8. 15ofthe19 35 year old virgin Registered Senior Member

That's just it. You fight for your buddy in the foxhole next to you, no matter what.

9. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Yeah, even when its raping a 15 year old and shooting her in the head before setting her on fire along with the rest of her family.

All for one and one for all!

10. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

I didn't want to start a new thread, but there was a similar news, the fellow just passed 60 (years old that is) and was discharged although he still wanted to stay in Iraq after 2 tours. He was really pissed at the Army...