Milk gone bad, and I drank it...

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by Dreamwalker, May 27, 2004.

1. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

Just a question, I just noticed that the milk I´ve been drinking all day was no longer good (really clogged at the bottom, you could have nearly eaten it. Swallowed it anyways)
    I had the impression that it tasted weird the whole day.
    Anyway, is it bad that I drunk it? Can it harm me?

I consumed about half a litre of it.

(should have known that it was not good, best before 21st, well...)

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

No one answering? perhaps I should have put this in free thought.

Well, then I´ll wait and see what happens. Good night.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Enigma'07 Who turned out the lights?!?! Registered Senior Member

Hopefully you won't get too sick.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

Thanks for your concern.

8. Enigma'07 Who turned out the lights?!?! Registered Senior Member

Oh yes, I here to give whenever you need it.
    I think that the only issue is that it starts to grow bacteria, that could cause issues. Generally you should thow it out if it smells because it's spoiled. Can you really drink milk without knowing it was spoiled?!

9. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

Yes you can, believe me. Amyway, I drank down some strong alcohol, perhaps it kills off the bacteria

If not, well perhaps it prevents me from feeling sick.

10. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Alas, by the time you read this, you will most likely be dead, so I won't bother...

Seriously, hope it doesn't fuck you up. I don't imagine it would be too bad though. After all, it's basically just cottage cheese right? Curds and weigh. If it's good enough for little miss muffet, it should be fine for you.

11. water the sea Registered Senior Member

Shoot, that's a bad one you got there, Dreamwalker.

If you do get sick, try to throw up. It could be hard sometimes.

Depending on how ill you feel, drinking warm unsugared camomille tea can help, or if you are able to take it, sage tea -- that is, if you feel only sick in the stomach.

If you should have fever by now, go to the doctor.

I hope you'll be well.

P.S.
    This is after the strom, but still, for the future: If you can eat all sorts of combinations of food, like fresh cucumbers with sugar, warm milk and right after it oranges, fresh garlic, fried eggs with mustard -- and feel perfectly ok afterwards, then you are likely to have a good and resilient digestion. In such a case, some out-of-date food (goes mainly for milk, cheese, fruit and vegetables) usually doesn't do much harm, at least not for me.

12. John Connellan Valued Senior Member

Somebody once spilled milk that had been a few months past its best before date in my workplace. The milk looked like vomit as it was lumpy and brownish. It was the most unbelievably horrid smell I've ever witnessed. I mean, I've smelled athletes feet which were like perfume compared to this stuff. We tried everything to get rid of the smell from deoderant to bleach! It took us 3 weeks before the smell had died down. I presume your milk was no that bad yet

13. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

But could you tell it was bad by the taste?

14. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

Thanks for your concern guys. Obviously I survived it, alas I did not feel all that well in the night. But it was not as bad as I feared.
    (perhaps the alcohol numbed me a bit) Anyway, thanks for your responses.

15. John Connellan Valued Senior Member

Oh no, Im sure it would have tasted gorgeous

16. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

Ah well, I did have the feeling that it tasted somewhat strange, but I only really noticed when it nearly became neccessary to chew it before swallowing

My sense of taste that day wasn´t the best.

17. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

Remember that what you are observing is the transformation of milk into yogurt. People have been eating yogurt for thousands of years.

At the very beginning of the process there is something in the milk that will make you sick. But if it is going to happen, it will happen very soon, probably within a half hour, certainly no more than two hours. You will throw up, the milk will be gone, the problem is over.

If it actually tastes bad, that means that it's half way toward becoming yogurt. It probably won't harm you. Again, the worst that will happen is that you will throw up and it will be gone and the problem is over.

In general, the most common kinds of food poisoning -- Salmonella and E. coli -- are very fast-acting. They will hit you within twelve hours, certainly no more than 24. You'll get stomach cramps and the diarrhea. The bacteria will work their way through your system and will be gone within 1 1/2 days.

People euphemistically refer to this as "stomach flu" or "the 24 hour flu" because they don't want you to know that there was something rotten in their kitchen. But there is no such thing as "24 hour flu." It's just food poisoning. It happens all the time.

There are, of course, much worse kinds of food poisoning. Camphylobacter, for instance. But it takes a couple of days to hit you, and you don't get it from milk. Usually from meat. You need to take antibiotics to get rid of it. And then there's the scourge of the Third World, amoebic dysentery. This can kill you, and by the second or third day you'll wish you were dead anyway. This requires intravenous medicine in a hospital. People treat it with over-the-counter medicines that you can buy in Mexico, but that's dangerous. It can mask the symptoms without killing the amoebae in your body. Almost everybody who's ever gone to Mexico has gotten it at least once. You get this from polluted water, not from milk.

You 're fine. Don't worry.

18. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

Considering that I posted this thread in the early hours yesterday, meaning 12:48 AM, I am allright. I wasn´t fun, truly after about 45 minutes I wasn´t feeling good, but yes, it passed the next day.

Thanks for the extensive explanation.

19. sevenblu feeling blu Registered Senior Member

Drinking bad milk is a sure fire way to clear the bowels... How were your shits?

20. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

Not that bad. It was bearable.

21. vslayer Registered Senior Member

dont drink juice, it will only make it curdle further.

rofl, hahahahahahahaha, hahahahahahaha, thats shameful