Merry Xmas from the Cheney Family!

Discussion in 'The Cesspool' started by Gravity, Dec 19, 2004.

1. Gravity Deus Ex Machina Registered Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Merry CHRISTmas from Dick Cheney !

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. analbeads "loosen up" Registered Senior Member

That is hilarious in a sick sort of way....

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. slotty Colostomy-its not my bag Registered Senior Member

Funny, The guy is an asshole. Its just been reported that he does'nt even sign his letters of commiseration to dead US soldiers, they get a photocopied one, Dick Cheney? Dick Head's more like it.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Gravity Deus Ex Machina Registered Senior Member

Yeah, the guy is like a shining dark symbol of the greed, selfishness and hate of the Repugs!

8. goofyfish Analog By Birth, Digital By Design Valued Senior Member

Not his job. That would fall to Donald Rumsfeld... and the letters go to the family, by the way.

Peace.

9. Tyler Registered Senior Member

Does anyone actually care about the signing thing? It's amazing how much people bitch about things that have not one single small tiny little practical ramification.

Anyway - aren't people done with these jokes yet? I strongly oppose Bush, but all the last four and a half years has done is make me hate most of the anti-Bushers. Four three goddamn years I've heard the EXACT SAME jokes three million times. It's always "Bush/Cheney/Rumsfeld are violent!" or "Bush is stupid!" It's never anything else, it's never original, there's never more than a quarter of a second of thought put into it.

It's like a four year old doing the old knock-knock banana joke. "Who's there? Banana. Banana who? Banana. Banana who? Orange. Orange who? Orange you glad I didn't say banana!" Hahahha, wow that jokes as funny as the first thirty eight thousand times I heard it! I'm sure glad it never changes and the point is always exactly the same! Hahaha.

10. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

People work with what they're given. It's not like the administration has given us much more than idiocy, violence, and dishonesty.

I mean, think about Bush and the Constitution. On the one hand, he won't protect and preserve it until it is amended to his satisfaction, while to the other it's apparently time to amend the Constitution so that the latest Hollywood-prettyboy Republican can run for president.

Given complaints of liberal anti-Americanism or "Hollywood liberal elite" as a counterpoint, the administration is, as Analbeads noted of the topic image, hilarious in a sick sort of way.

If they give us better material than bullshit, we can give you something more than fertilizer in return. In the meantime, substantive discussions of what's wrong with this administration are apparently insulting to "middle America", which seemingly amorphous body strives to purge honesty and equality from the nation, yet wonders why some have no respect for them.

It used to be that such thinking was considered hack comedy. Now it passes for valid political discourse.

When one lowers the bar as much as the Bush/Cheney administration has, yeah, diversity suffers.

I would have thought people would recognize this by now.

11. goofyfish Analog By Birth, Digital By Design Valued Senior Member

Families of those killed in the service have said they are offended by a stamped
    signature. I guess they prefer the human touch - of having a secretary forge
    his signature.

:m: Peace.

12. Tyler Registered Senior Member

Goofy, you know I miss you!

13. Tyler Registered Senior Member

Tiassa:
    Dude, I don't care. So they haven't given you anything else to make fun of them for? Know what? They havent given me anything else to make fun of them for either. So you know what I did? Stopped making the same retarted joke every two days. If you don't have a single thing in any way new to say at all and you're just vomitting what you've heard thousands of others do - you might as well stay quiet and spend your time doing something more valuable like reading on a different issue, no?

(note: Tiassa not to insinuate you don't read, but I've heard far too many idiots be in the same bracket as "Bush-is-stupid-jokes" and say something ignorant to the effect of "America's the only country this kind of corruption happens in!" or "No where else has this controlled media by government!")

14. slotty Colostomy-its not my bag Registered Senior Member

yeh,you know what i mean by it. But it is partly his responsibilty, even if his secretary does the signing. It does'nt take a genius to work out that its a very crass thing to send a utterly impersonal thing like that to the family of a soldier who died for the adminisrations war. :m:

15. Gravity Deus Ex Machina Registered Senior Member

Idiot Boy and his handlers are just the main symptoms . . . the crud floating on the top of the pool of excrement of a much bigger and long growing problem in America. Which is the rise of corporate theocratic feudalism. Say "thats rediculous'' all you want . . . and wait and watch.

16. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

You didn't think that up overnight! It has a ring to it. If you consider yourself a victim of this corporate theocratic feudalism does that explain why you serf the net?

17. Gravity Deus Ex Machina Registered Senior Member

Well, if that particular sequence of those words has a ''ring'' to it - then that is coincidence or unconcious quoting. So your right, it wasn't ''overnight'' - it was in a few seconds on the spot. So what? But the specific words in reference to the developing situation here in the USA is certainly something I've thought about for a long time.

I don't play into any sappy victim/marytr thing like is so much the vogue among Christians and others. No - I'm a parent who is worried about the future of my kids and have always been a history buff as well . . . and I can't help but see some particularly brutal patterns starting to repeat themselves.

http://www.oldamericancentury.org/14pts.htm

18. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Tyler

Given a choice, people choose the jokes over Molotovs. It's the better option, I promise.

As to the other, well, the jokes aren't merely limited to the stupid. Don't let the things you despise form your perspective or affect it greatly.

19. Xev Registered Senior Member

Tyler:
    Precisely.

There's something rather sad about current political culture when "Bush is stupid!" is considered a valid and subversive statement.

Yes, Bush is stupid. That's the way democracy works - people choose leaders based on personality and image rather than on ability or intelligence.

Rather than consider this, the Left seems intent on losing what little remains of its balls and letting its discourse degenerate into the same polemic sludge as the right's. Yay.

Tiassa:
    Call me naive, but I always thought it was a political movement's job to provide constructive solutions no matter how bad its opposition is.

Hell, even standing out on a street corner yelling "Fascism Now!" would be more active and creative than sitting about saying the same jokes about Bush's low IQ.

slotty:
    Now, call me really naive, but do you really think dead people need letters?
    Whether signed by Cheney, Rumsfeld or those lesbian chicks from "Tatu", they are not really going to change much.

There's a scene in Dalton Trumbo's novel "Johnny Got His Gun" in which an armless, legless, ear nose and throatless soldier has a nice shiny medal pinned to his chest.

Somehow I don't think that compensated.

I mean really, this is illustrative. The veniality of the administration is shown not by lying to the American public re Iraq, nor in their pursuit of a war driven by either greed or idiocy, nor in their continued pursuit of such war even given the number of innocent lives lost.

Oh no. The Administration is evil because the Sec of Defense does not personally sign letters of condolence.

20. Tyler Registered Senior Member

[ SARCASM ]
    Really Tiassa? That there's my choice? Make the same joke for the umpteenmillionth time (to use my mother's hyperbole) or throw a molotov? Shit man. What the hell have I been doin then? I guess I should drop the two hours a day of reading European newspapers and collections of essays in an attempt to learn more and pick up a cocktail or start making bad stale old jokes. I was unaware I only had those two options. I thought only one of the stupidest human beings to ever grace the planet could think those are his only two choices. Apparently I was misinformed.
    [ /SARCASM ]
    On this I'm not sure what you're saying. My perspective I'm communicating is on the morons making these jokes. I'm not trying to sum up the whole of the left, otherwise I'd be a part of this. I'm just beginning to loathe the majority of the left as much as I loathe the majority of the right.

21. Tyler Registered Senior Member

Xev:
    I've miss you as well!
    Exactly. It does nothing, it doesn't help you in any way and all it does is make the right think you're ignorant and useless. You add nothing original to the world, only serve to make yourself look like an idiot and hurt your side politically. Oh well, I guess if the only other possible thing they could be doing with their time is violence this is better.
    It's this cute little problem people seem ot have. When Clinton was in power and the administration would do something that could be taken minorly poorly and the right jumped on it all the left I knew would say, and I believe correctly so, "oh come on, this has no practical effect, it doesn't matter, it's insignificant..." Yet now the right's in power the left does the exact same useless bitchy whinning.

22. Undecided Banned Banned

When Clinton was in power and the administration would do something that could be taken minorly poorly and the right jumped on it all the left I knew would say, and I believe correctly so, "oh come on, this has no practical effect, it doesn't matter, it's insignificant..."

And generally it didn’t…having a blow job and lying about it is wrong to some people, but not to all. The French do it all the time, actually that is France is considered that you one FERTILE bastard even at that age. America’s sexual xenophobia is only challenged by that of Victorian England and the Vatican.

Yet now the right's in power the left does the exact same useless bitchy whinning.

Well when you replace the words Blow job for war, French with Soviets, Fertile with jingoistic, and sexual xenophobia with imperialistic moralism, then you have this president. I would have to the left has a reason to whine.

23. Tyler Registered Senior Member

Undecided:
    I'm assuming English isn't your first language, so pardon if I didn't understand everything you tried to say.
    I believe you miss the point almost entirely. Every one of the poeple who said the "oh come on..." thing would agree that cheating on your wife is wrong. They just realized in this case that it had no practical effect on him as a president. They just conveniently forget this entirely when Bush does something.
    See this is either an extraordinarily poor arguing method or you just missed the point. I never, ever, ever said you can't offer criticism of the adminisration and condemn their actions. All I said was that it was idiotic, useless, and the exact opposite of funny to make the same joke for the millionth time. I make no condemnation of political criticism, or original satire (which can be brilliant), I just hate this kind of meaningless, useless, boring, repetitive, unoriginal, brainless 'comedy'. That's all.