Member Nationalities?

Discussion in 'About the Members' started by IceAgeCivilizations, Mar 25, 2007.

1. Sock puppet path GRRRRRRRRRRRR Valued Senior Member

Off to buy some whiteman voodoo dolls are we?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. kenworth dude...**** it,lets go bowling Registered Senior Member

i have literally no idea what to say.id love to know what you are thinking

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Sock puppet path GRRRRRRRRRRRR Valued Senior Member

Kenworth are you enjoying it over there? I have an old friend who went over to teach english for a year and ended up staying two and a half years, he loved it.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. draqon Banned Banned

stop playing a dummy.

I am saying I desperately need to meet a girl. And I need a japanese girl. If you don't want to meet me than say so, stop swaying around the proposition I made.

8. kenworth dude...**** it,lets go bowling Registered Senior Member

on the off chance that you arent joking...
    1.i am a guy
    2.saying im desperate isnt that much of a turn on for anyone
    3.why a japanese girl?
    4.if you want to meet a girl just go out and join a club and try and keep the crazy locked up for long enough to get to a "video night"

9. kenworth dude...**** it,lets go bowling Registered Senior Member

yeah,japan is a cool country.,at the moment the cherry blossoms are out so its beautiful.,i came over here a year and a half ago with no real plans and nothing has come up so i have no plans to leave!
    its really relaxing here as personal safety isnt really an issue.
    i recently moved to the south so am just waiting for the summer and beaches now.

(japan is no where near as techy as it is made out)

10. Zephyr Humans are ONE Registered Senior Member

How's your Japanese? How's everyone else's English?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Haha, my plann is verkink.

11. Sock puppet path GRRRRRRRRRRRR Valued Senior Member

I would love to visit one day.
    I read a somewhat disturbing article a couple of weeks ago about how japanese society is slowly closing in on itself.
    A reaction to being thrust upon the world stage as a very successful country post WW2 whereas before WW2 it was a relatively closed society for almost it's entire hstory.
    They spoke of a phenomonen (I forget the word for it) where young men lock themselves in thier room for anything up to several years. It is growing into something of an epidemic.
    Any insight on that?

12. kenworth dude...**** it,lets go bowling Registered Senior Member

my japanese isnt as good as it should be but i can generally say everything i want to say in one way or another.can read 2 of the alphabets and bits and pieces of kanji.
    written english here is pretty good but spoken english isn't as common as you'd think due to the education system and japanese people's fear of making mistakes.

13. Sock puppet path GRRRRRRRRRRRR Valued Senior Member

Ahhhh Guess you didn't read my plan iz verking then!

14. outlandish smoki'n....... Registered Senior Member

i like! i like!

are you a chick?

15. outlandish smoki'n....... Registered Senior Member

which was coincidentaley when japan became a whore for western, nay american trash pop culture.

16. Sock puppet path GRRRRRRRRRRRR Valued Senior Member

If you don't have anything to contribute then shut yer piehole.

17. outlandish smoki'n....... Registered Senior Member

1)wtfs gotten into you?
    2) I made a valid point.

18. Sock puppet path GRRRRRRRRRRRR Valued Senior Member

You made a shallow blurb, I asked a question of someone

Post WW2 is also, when Japan stopped being a feudal state, when Japan got wealthy when the life of the avg japanese improved dramatically. The japanese have increased on avg 20cm in height since WW2 thanks to a better diet and standard of living.

19. kenworth dude...**** it,lets go bowling Registered Senior Member

(this will only be my very narrow view of the situation)
    traditional japanese society is deeply repressive which results in a lot of bad kids being kept in line but at the same time pushes some slightly weird kids over the edge into psychosis.
    the one thing i would say about being thrust upon the world stage is that it affects japanese people very little.its quite hard to explain but in japan there is generally a very pragmatic attitude.here the old and the new coexist with little sense of struggle.
    the best example i can think of is with religion,most japanese people would call themselves buddist but they are only buddist to the extent that they celebrate buddist holidays,pray on the correct days and pay a shitload of money for a funeral name.religion simply fills a function,the same can be said of western pop culture/attitudes, it fufils a function and is cute/fun but there will still be a seperate "japanese" side to people essentially untouched by western influence.
    the biggest difference the west has made is in the area of business,the loss of the idea of "a job for life" has affected the entire country and it may be this uncertainty that has increased the already massive pressure on school kids. seriously,kids here have it HARD.most kids (and by most i mean a good 80-90%) go to school 5.5 days a week and then on top of that have at least 1 club activity on top of which they attend cram school to study for exams.one student i had started going to cram schools at the age of 3 to learn kanji and hirigana.nuts.i think these pressures are starting to show (see the case where a teacher stabbed a girl 20 times in the head).

think i have started rambling so ill stop.(3 am,bit drunk)
    havent heard of the exact phenomenom you are talking about but will ask students and see what they say

20. kenworth dude...**** it,lets go bowling Registered Senior Member

not necessarily better,just more meat and calcium.
    outlandish - you didnt make a valid point

21. Sock puppet path GRRRRRRRRRRRR Valued Senior Member

Interesting stuff thanks kenworth. Now for your viewing enjoyment if you haven't seen it already

this

22. outlandish smoki'n....... Registered Senior Member

your opinion.

23. kenworth dude...**** it,lets go bowling Registered Senior Member

i dont think so.what is the grounding of your statement?