Melatonin for sleep and what?

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by Beer w/Straw, Jul 17, 2019.

1. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

'K

Been having trouble sleeping as my internal clock has seemingly become unwound from relativistic time dilation. I told my doctor of what I was doing by way of puerile kitchen experimentation and it appeared I had more knowledge than her, even though I still don't know what the heck I'm doing. My professionalism consists of scrolling down a chart and ignoring all the words on one site:

this is the site https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5409706/ yet, this the chart https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/ar...le/nutrients-09-00367-t001/?report=objectonly

When I looked at the chart, pistachios, glaringly stood out big time -like, order of magnitude big time! (around 230,000 ng/g)

So's I put 75 g in my electric pressure cooker, pressed some buttons, and waited for it to beep when done. Then transported them to my drink sized accessory for my blender, poured in a nutritional vanilla flavored supplement drink... Then drank about 450 ml of warm goo containing 75 g of pistachios and totaling 600 cal sometime before bed. That and some other things allowed me to get back on track to sleeping better. I think?

Anyway, since I don't know what I'm really doing and the possible side affects if I keep doing it (and I'm primarily selfish, don't have the time, I want to be spoon fed?) Plus, are there any other dietary things out there that can fix things without resorting to supplements?

Other things I've done with my pressure cooker and blender: like make a brainy drink with blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, walnuts, cashews, almonds, pecans... Also, some other with selected vegetables but just forget why ATM.

Yay, I made a thread!

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

supplements can be uppers
    if your maxing out on magnesium while taking uppers to make you sleep, then you want to know what your doing.

starving your body of various nutrients through diet will invoke a sleep phase when you then bulk out on them again.. mostly.

certain medications block various nutrients.
    this requires taking a vitamin supplement with other things that help your body absorb it.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Seattle Valued Senior Member

Quit drinking caffeine, go for a long walk every evening, turn the light down some for the last hour before bedtime, take a hot soak in the tub before turning in and keep your schedule the same...get up early/your normal time and go to bed at your preferred time.

And call me in the morning if none of that helps...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

RainbowSingularity likes this.
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

can i call collect & add room service ?

yeah you state all the basic stuff that should be ticked off the list (that most people seem to forget)and be a constant center model.

i am wondering if there is some type of medication that is common that depletes minerals or disrupts their absorption.

the sudden dose of magnesium from the nuts & electrolytes from the sports supplement is probably a balanced upper & downer.
    how that interacts with serotonin & dopamine would be my 1st question.

the magnesium in the nuts is a relaxant as you know, plus probable extra vitamin C to process it from the supplement

dosing with magnesium may aid as a low risk sleep aid, however... it clashes with some things in larger doses i should imagine.
    does it block something else ?

if what it is blocking is the excess, then maybe just limiting that would help

reminded me of this
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitamin_B6#Causes