Meet the Next President: Giuliani

Discussion in 'Politics' started by madanthonywayne, Feb 24, 2007.

1. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Many people claim Republicans would never nominate a pro-choice, anti-gun, thrice-married, New York City champion of gays and illegal aliens for president in 2008.

They're wrong. One issue trumps all others among conservatives: defense. By that criteria, no one of either party inspires confidence like Rudy.

What about evangelicals and social conservatives?
    And there's one other reason Republicans will vote for Guiliani, they like to win:
    And Rudy beats all comers in polls whether his opponent is Hilary, Obama, Edwards, or other.
    http://www.pollingreport.com/wh08gen.htm
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11677334/site/newsweek/
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ucmg/20070220/cm_ucmg/thinkinghardaboutrudy

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. terryoh Registered Senior Member

He probably has one of the best chance among the Republicans, and I'm sure many Democrats would vote for him too.

I think it's way too early to declare a winner though.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

You're right, of course. But I really believe Rudy will be the next president. And what the hell, we've had an Obama thread for quite some time. Why not a Rudy thread?

So long as he gets the Republican nomination, he will crush any Democrat that goes up against him.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. zanket Human Valued Senior Member

I predict McCain will handily win the Republican nomination. Giuliani is damned by the Bible Belt folk if only for having had a mistress (hypocritically, those people are biggest judgers of others). That's half of the Republican vote right there.

8. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Many Republicans (myself included) hate McCain. The media loves him (that's reason enough for me to hate him), not the Republican base. If it's him or Hilary, I suppose I'd hold my nose and vote for him, but I might just go Libertarian instead. I really hate that guy.

9. terryoh Registered Senior Member

You are right.

Similarly, anyone who thinks Hillary would win or Obama would win (or declare that either would win) is prematurely thinking.

Honestly, I don't care who wins as President. As long as (s)he can do a good job of fostering stable economic growth, implementing a foreign policy that unites and gets admiration from the world, investing in health care for an aging population, and unites both sides of the political spectrum, then that person will get my vote.

10. John99 Banned Banned

That may be the excuse, but more than that he is Italian. We will see a woman first, i think.

11. zanket Human Valued Senior Member

Giuliani is also handicapped by his name. A four syllables name is too long for most Americans nowadays, let alone Republicans. And worse, it doesn't sound American. Can you imagine "God, country, apple pie and... Giuliani"? Dukakis didn't win largely because of his name too. There are exceptions to the rule though, like "Schwarzenegger"--he could win the presidency easily if only he were native born.

12. John99 Banned Banned

this is a joke? Guilianni would get alot of Democrat votes, he would make a good President.

13. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Dukakis was an idiot. I'll never forget that ad with him in the tank!

It wasn't his race or the "kis" at the end of his name that was the problem, it was him.

Anyway, if Giuliani is too hard to say/spell, go with Rudy.

14. zanket Human Valued Senior Member

That's just what I'm talking about. The people who damn someone for looking silly in a tank are the same people who won't vote for a name like "Giuliani". Look, John99 can't even spell it. Do we really want a president whose name we can't spell? Republicans sure don't. (Unless it's "Schwarzenegger". Then who cares how it's spelled? It just sounds meaty.) And no self-respecting Republican is going to call their Commander in Chief "Rudy". That's un-American.

15. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Yeh, Commander Hillary would be the bomb.

16. zanket Human Valued Senior Member

With Commander in Chief Clinton you get two-for-one. Don't think millions of people won't be thinking the same.

17. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

If the Hillster wins, I can't wait to see how Bill handles being "The First Gentleman," yeeee haaaaa, party time in the Lincoln bedroom!

18. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Dukakis looked ridiculous because he was a dove, trying to prove his manliness by driving a tank. It was absurd.

There was also Willie Horton, the wife rape question in the debate, the economy was doing well. There were a lot of reasons for Dukakis' defeat.

19. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

I wanna see Hillary in a tank with a helmet on, with that big grin, or sitting on a cannon like Jane Fonda.

20. zanket Human Valued Senior Member

Maybe true on both. Too bad we won't find out, since he can't pass the hurdle of a Republican nomination. Even if his mistress and name weren't deal breakers, his New York City connection would doom a nomination. What God-fearing Republican wants a city slicker telling him what to believe? Even silver-spooned Bush has a ranch to look rural on. But Giuliani is city all the way.

21. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Zanket, do you actually think that "Keating Five" McCain can beat Rudy?

I know many Republicans who think McCain is a clown.

22. zanket Human Valued Senior Member

You'll never see it. She's too smart to let that happen. Bush's marketing is eclipsed only by the Clintons'.

Yes, I think McCain will easily beat Giuliani in a Republican nomination. Keating Five, c'mon. That's an asset. Theft and deception is status quo for a Republican. We're talking about the same Republicans who just blew a trillion dollars attacking a country based on a lie, you know. Their voters love it, especially since future generations pay for it all.

23. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Wow zanket, that was deep.