Meditation...

Discussion in 'Eastern Philosophy' started by Gondolin, Apr 3, 2005.

1. Sushupti Saver of Babies Registered Senior Member

It is obvious enough I'm sure everyone else got it, and I don't cater to trolls.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Anomalous Banned Banned

No, you can relax when you sleep, you sleep more and relax more, so why would one meditate if its gona be a physical matter.

You are talking about things that you have no idea how they work. If you dont know how meditation helps then atleast dont mislead others.

I think next time when you meditate concentrate less on you EGO, and you will know what you should ask me.

You didnt even care to explain what is so special about the hindu-type may be because it just seems right instead of confirming if it is which you could have asked me. superficially even this word say that you are like a blind man talking about light. and over that you agreed with yazdarjed .

I conclude from all this that your meditation style has created severe brain damage to U.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Yazdajerd Behold... The Bringer of Light Registered Senior Member

Originally posted by Anomalous

"I think thats the problem with religious fundamentalist specially muslims"

Is concentrating on what your doing during prayer or meditation, without being interrupted by any other thought which irrelevant to what your doing, a fundemantalist problem?? :bugeye:

I fail to notice that!!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. dan74 Registered Senior Member

Why are people arguing and getting aggresive here? Isn't there already enough of that in the world? I thought this forum is about learning from each other, and that needs respect and a compassionate attitude, not a bunch of egos thrashing it out.

Perhaps before meditation, we need to look at ourselves and see what is driving us, what kinds of feelings/ patterns and complexes dominate us, get a bit of an angle, an insight. And stop bashing each other!

8. whitewolf asleep under the juniper bush Registered Senior Member

You see, the enlightenment of the masses was the greatest mistake humanity has made in its history. Meditation should have remained exclusively for the buddhists and hindus. But no, the common westerners had to try it and now they argue about it the same way they argue about christianity and politics.

9. Anomalous Banned Banned

During the prayers is ok but not after that. Get real, Muslims still think Moon is their God, Do U think that too ?

10. Anomalous Banned Banned

I agree with U but its their ego and wrong beliefs that are in the way, how do u fight that.

11. Anomalous Banned Banned

That shows That they havent yet understood it.

12. TheAcridApe Mt. Monkey Resident Registered Senior Member

Or that they do undersatnd,only in different perspectives.

13. Sushupti Saver of Babies Registered Senior Member

Dan, I'm not a very good meditator yet... I certainly still get into a bloody rage when some idiot attacks what I say with bullets of stupidity.

But it's an obvious troll, so I'll go ahead and ignore [from now on...], not fueling him any longer.

Anyone who simply looks at his posts, and reads some decent books, will get the point here.

Good luck to future serious posters on this thread, having to deal with this sort of thing, I don't need the stress.

14. Anomalous Banned Banned

Thats what I meant, They are wrong.

15. Anomalous Banned Banned

Obviously, your ego is protecting U so now yor subconcious mind has come up with this trick, All that matter to it is that U win this fight. I was not even fighting here. Instead of being on the path of truth and finding right U have been fighting me, poor soul may your hindu god forgive your naiveness.

Your silence is not gona distorth facts. And that is more than satisfing. I dont see any problems in being a troll, its just perception of your mind.

A word of advice, Dont get personal with anyone here. Unlike U instead of boasting ego , people come here to find out if they are right, so remember If you come accross people like me then the problem is within you hence the solution. Unlike you I will always like to help U out from this point on. But that will happen when U come down from the beyond repair state U r in. The solution : give up all your beliefs, try think from others point of view.

16. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

A metaphor can not forgive.

17. Anomalous Banned Banned

So whats your point; is hindu god a metaphor or God itself ?

18. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Every god is a metaphor, even Vishnu. Metaphor that describes some dynamic of the universe, or all dynamics in one. A god is a metaphor for some physics laws or concepts of human psyche.
    A god of thunder, a god of death, a god of war.
    Human is the source of all the gods, all the hells and all the demons, they are within you and they are you. As easy as that.
    Any high ranking hindu brahman will tell you the same.
    Of course, simple folk needs simple to grasp concepts

19. Yazdajerd Behold... The Bringer of Light Registered Senior Member

Originally posted by Anomalous

"During the prayers is ok but not after that. Get real, Muslims still think Moon is their God, Do U think that too ? "

Hey, please, arguing is one thing, but making false accusations is another!!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

When did muslims claim they worship the moon??.... your reading alot of orientalist myths, get real........ Islam stated from the very beginig "Eyes can not perceive Allah, but that he sees all." In what way do you find the moon to apply to this??

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Ohh, you mean the usual fairytale that "Allah" or "Al-Ilah" was the Arab god of the moon........... YOU WISH! That is only an orientalist propaganda trying to find connections between Greco-Roman myths and Ancient Arabia that historians refuse and has no archeological proof!!

"Allah" is the arabic word word for "Eloh-Iloheim" in hebrew, both referring to the God of Abraham, which was very well-known to the ancient arabs and claimed to be their father!........... the moon is only used for the calender, its presence as an Islamic symbol is modern, after ancient Mesopotamian and Persian symbols were used by Muslim armies in the Seljuc-Turkic era in the Middle East.

So, please, next time be more precise!

May we all be shown the Truth.
    Salam.

20. Anomalous Banned Banned

Well I dont feel like that becuase I dont blindly say things unlike those enlightened bhramins.

How come they have an elephant god but not a human god i mean metaphor in your terms.

21. whitewolf asleep under the juniper bush Registered Senior Member

Those brahmins don't say things out of the blue, nor are they blind.
    Go meditate, and you'll understand.

22. Sushupti Saver of Babies Registered Senior Member

He won't understand, he'll relax...

He'll wake up thoroughly refreshed, though.

23. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Buddhists have always accepted anyone that wanted to learn. Buddhists and hindus are the masses, too; they are as "common" as anyone. Western thinking is somewhat different, but not so much that it's impossible for them to understand. Sure, when something is written down, then people may argue about it's meaning, that's why Lao Tzu objected to writing down the law, still he produced a small book of guidance not to be taken literally. Lively debate has also been a part of Buddhist learning as much as meditation.