McCain VP

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Mr.Spock, Aug 23, 2008.

1. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

McCain and Conservatvies call Obama an empty suit, then he selects a VP with less credentials and experience then Obama. WOW!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Quigly ......................... ..... Registered Senior Member

Probably would have done something different if Obama chose Hillary...

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. dsdsds Valued Senior Member

Holy Crap. Spock predicted that last week. Spock, give me 7 numbers, Quick!

8. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

She has an ongoing scandal in the state legislature...good job. I think this nips the experience arguement againt Obama. She was a mayor and has only been governor for 2years. And that qualifies her to be president! It makes it hard to say that Obama is not experienced enough as they have done in the past.

I think she is going to have trouble passing muster with some of the conservatives on the right as she has a mixed race marriage. As I recall, McCain's campaign in 2000 got its butt kicked by the bushies when they started a rumor that McCain has a mixed race kid.

But she has the most important thing...ovaries! Because of the ovary issue, I think McCain will pick up some hillary votes. But I think he is going to loose more votes on the mixed race marriage issue.

9. ashura the Old Right Registered Senior Member

My only thought after reviewing the decision is 'What in the world is he thinking?' Perhaps it should be 'What in the world is he smoking?'

10. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

it will do good among the Hilary voters. and a bunch of other reasons.

11. dsdsds Valued Senior Member

Is he really going after the Hillary votes? That's unbelievable. Hillary supporters who won't vote for Obama will stay home.

12. ashura the Old Right Registered Senior Member

I highly doubt it'll do anything for the vast majority of Hillary voters, but I'd like to hear what you think the other reasons are.

13. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

The fact that she's a creationist is going to hurt her on the national stage. Also, men will be repelled by the fact that she fired a state commissioner that wouldn't fire one of her inlaws over a domestic dispute.

14. BenTheMan Dr. of Physics, Prof. of Love Valued Senior Member

Unlike Obama's wife buying real estate at submarket value from a shady investor with ties to corrupt politicians? Of course!

15. ashura the Old Right Registered Senior Member

An interesting point from one of Andrew Sullivan's readers:

"Let us not forget that, young or not, she’s the only one of the four people on either ticket with genuine executive experience."
    http://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com/the_daily_dish/2008/08/balancing-the-t.html

But not, in my opinion, a point that adds a lot of merit to the pick. As David Bernstein over at the Volokh Conspiracy notes:

"Palin may be good politics but she makes Barack Obama look almost over-qualified to be president. City Councilman and mayor of Wasilla, Alaska (pop. 5,000), before serving less than two years as governor of Alaska. You gotta be kidding me!"
    http://volokh.com/posts/1220022929.shtml

16. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

no they wont. they are liberals, they have to vote

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

especially the women.

17. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

i never reveal all my secrets. like a magician.

18. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Let's put Alaska into perspective. The population of the ENTIRE STATE = 670,000 individuals. That is about half the population of the City of San Jose, California. San Francisco has a population larger than that of the entire state of Alaska. The City of Chicago has about 5 times the population of the Entire State of Alaska...just for some perspective on her executive accomplishments.

19. ashura the Old Right Registered Senior Member

The thing about magicians is that they're all professional tricksters. I hope your disdain of McCain only increases with with Veep pick.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

20. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

that was a low blow.

but McCain will win.

21. iceaura Valued Senior Member

Yeah, actually. Seeing as how that one went to court months ago, lots of other politicians' names came up (Rep and Dem), but no one even mentioned the Obama name.

And everyone who looks at this woman has got to be thinking about McCain's increasing frailty and confusion - the Republican Vice President in this election has to be ready on day two.

Creationist, beauty pageant queen, !? Why in hell can't the Reps come up with candidates free of dubious mental symptoms ? Maybe the high level Justice Dept jobs were already filled. That Party is beginning to look like freak show

22. John99 Banned Banned

wow how how how.

23. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

The house was selling for 1.9 million, Obama bought it for 1.6! I'm in the real estate business, and a seller rarely gets the asking price, that's why potential buyers bid before they sign a contract to purchase. There wouldn't be a bidding process if everyone paid the asking price. Tony Rezko also co-hosted a fund raiser in 2003 for President Bush, that generated 3.8 million in campaign funds.