May 2009 be a turning point?

Discussion in 'World Events' started by fantasus, Dec 28, 2008.

1. fantasus Registered Senior Member

In which major part of the world could there be a change that have effect on everything else? Of course such a big leap ( a change in "global system")may or may not happen, but if we experience a sort of change comparable to 1917 (Red Russia) or 1989-91 (end of USSR), what could it be and were could i happen? In USA? end of russian or chinese regime? (perhaps hard to believe so fast). Or some drastic change in European/american relations to middle eastern and general islamic dominated regions?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Doesn't every year have something in it that somewhere a thing happens that causes effects on many others. Look at the pirates of Somalia, the fighting in India with Pakistani terrorists, in Afghanistan with the Teliban affecting America, the oil producing countries raising the cost of oil and on and on.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. White Rhyno Registered Member

Try end of the US regime...

Also, Russia doesn't have much of a regime to end...

For more on this topic: allersby.blogspot.com

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. fantasus Registered Senior Member

"End of US regime"? End of status as global "leader"? perhaps - not. It is hard to imagine any other "superpower 1" from 2009 China, Russia, India, EU or any coalition or new power could -in theory -dominate in some future. On the other hand perhaps there should be some decisive moments soon in "islamism vs. the rest". It may be a big question if there is any meaning to words as "interest of mankind", but if there is I think defeat of radical islam should be included.

8. aaa Registered Senior Member

and how can we accomplish that, exactly? I think radical Islam will only get stronger in europe by the next few years without any actions taken to oppress it.

9. fantasus Registered Senior Member

We may imagine at least both the possibillity that extremism will grow stronger, relative to its opponents, and the opposite. There is so many ways there could be several events that decides who may be on the offensive or defensive. We may not imagine that extremism may dissapear in some near future, but I cannot see why a bakclash cannot happen, even in 2009, in Europe or elsewhere. And I think it is too easy to forget that such sorts of extremism may both gain and loose terrain other places than on military or similar "batttlefields".

10. River Ape Valued Senior Member

In which part of the world? I think maybe Pakistan may be a country worth keeping an eye on in the next twelve months. Economic collapse, unrest and conflict may grow to a degree that becomes commonly referred to as Civil War. Neighbouring Iran, Afghanistan and India are bound to be affected -- and this in turn will impact upon all those countries with armed forces in Afghanistan. We will be faced with a developing and spreading situation. Expect to hear the word Pakistan more times in the news headlines in 2009 than any time since 1947.

11. otheadp Banned Banned

Is it because the Star Trek movie is coming out in May 2009?

Can't wait!!!

12. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

Why, May? One profound event, which is on the horizon is the wholesale collapse of the dollar, but no one can say exactly when it will happen.

13. Xylene Valued Senior Member

Death of Mugabe--speed the day--Collapse of Zimbabwe into total civil war as the military fights to stay in power. All the neighbouring African states get dragged into the conflict, creating chaos in sub-Saharan Africa.

Same potential in Burma (Myanma) with miltary losing grip on the country, but far less likely scenario than the first one.

14. desi Valued Senior Member

China uses its military somewhere once the US dollar falls far enough.

15. skywalker 3 @ T M 3 Registered Senior Member

Very true... possibly Taiwan.. or somewhere in Arabian sea, they already have bases in Gawadar, Pakistan. Dollar is collapsing really fast, I really hope that it doesn't go all the way in 2009.

16. Luis A.C.ROMANELLI DonĀ“t forget using mind ! ! ! Registered Senior Member

USA has lost its antique power...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

what do you think must do the world ???

17. kmguru Staff Member

Pakistan will sell one of its Nuclear Weapons to Iran but will fall in to the wrong hands. - just a speculation..please do not come after me if it turns out to be true...you never know these NSA types.

18. draqon Banned Banned

hi-5!