Matrix: Reloaded

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by UberDragon, May 15, 2003.

1. edgar Registered Senior Member

The architect says that thier were alternate forms of power. It's just that their life style would really degrade.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. AntonK Technomage Registered Senior Member

Wow, you are amazing!!!! No wait...no you're not...

It's still being discussed by MANY people that have a MUCH better understanding of it than you seem to. I'm not saying you don't get it or anything, but the simple fact that you got your facts wrong, indicuate you probably missed something. There were, in fact, to be 23 people to rebuilt Zion... 16 female and 7 male. These are no doubt the ones Morpheus was referring to in the first move when he said that the precursor to Neo "freed the first of us..." I'd be willing to bet, now this is only a theory, that there are 23 people on the Council. Makes sense. Either way...you missed stuff. I don't agree on everything. Plus, as you pointed out..it's been done. The Wachowski's often refer to 13th Floor...they knew the movie...they wouldn't just copy the story. I think you should watch again...and perhaps read this. Discussion

-AntonK

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Walker Hard Work! Registered Senior Member

yo, yo.

I agree. I'm pretty against the whole Matrix-within-a-Matrix theory, because it's expected, and it's been done. The Wachowskis haven't failed us with predictibility yet.

The Architect says nothing to even remotely indicate that the Matrix exists within another Matrix. It's possible I guess, but it hasn't even been hinted at.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Tristan Leave your World Behind Valued Senior Member

Try explaining Neo words when the ebekenzer blows up. He turns around and says "something is different" and stops, what, 4 sentinels with no gun, no emp pulse.... he stops them by putting his hand in the air and frying them.

So either he is still in the matrix, or the brothers are absolute idiots for giving Neo Telekinetic powers in the "real" world. Then we have a cheesy movie +10!

Later,
    T

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

P.S. Then what "Choice" is the oracle talking about and the Archictect talking about. Why did the first matrix never work? And if there is a choice, is it to buy a burger, or jack out of the matrix into the supposed "real world"?

Last edited: Jun 4, 2003
  8. Walker Hard Work! Registered Senior Member

Now that Smith has tried to overwrite Neo and created a bridge between Man and Machine, Neo has a physical/psychic/neural connection to the machines. That's why he was able to stop the Squiddies.

9. Ectropic Registered Senior Member

Oh your god I hope not. That would ruin the movies for me. Who actually believes in teh psychic stuff in this day and age anyway?

10. Tristan Leave your World Behind Valued Senior Member

Exactly my point. Smith now is "better" because Neo kicked his ass in the first movie. So now Neo has psychic powers because of the encounter? I think not. If so, the wachosky brothers will go down as absolute fricken morons.

Later,
    T

11. Niudo Despair Factioner Registered Senior Member

Petty detail because I can't compete with your theories: you spelled "nebuchanezzur" wrong- I can't even spell it.

12. fahq Registered Senior Member

Matrix Reloaded rules!! Although it isnt nearly as good the second time you see it.

13. AntonK Technomage Registered Senior Member

REALLY?? I've seen it a bunch of times now...I love watching it. Even if the movie had NO story, the fight scenes are great as far as I'm concerned. Maybe I just have a longer attention span. A lot of people are complaining the fight scenes are too long.

-AntonK

14. Walker Hard Work! Registered Senior Member

I'll bet anyone on this forum my Golden Geek Award that Neo has psychic powers OUTSIDE the Matrix, and that this is NOT a Matrix-within-the-Matrix we're seeing.

Anyway, I'm confident that no matter WHAT happens in the third film, it will be cool.

I just watched the Animatrix! Wheee!

15. ozmonster Registered Senior Member

Actually, I think the meaning/purpose of the kung fu scene was a bit simpler than that. I do, however, appreciate your creativity.

Remember what the Oracle's protector told Neo after they fought. "You don't truly know someone until you fight them." Or something like that. Neo had to fight Smith in order to know him. This may come to play in Revolutions. We'll see.

oz

16. edgar Registered Senior Member

Well actually it makes sense that agent smith can actually get into the real world. i mean he could have uploaded his program to that guy.If he could do that to other people, why not to that guy?

17. Walker Hard Work! Registered Senior Member

Smith DID upload his conciousness into Bane's body. Bane is the person who set off the EMP and crippled 5 hovercraft, allowing the machines to put a quick end to Zion's counterattack strategy (as explained at the end of Reloaded).

18. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Matrix Reloaded: the Charlie Rose interview

The Charlie Rose Show - 5.13.2003

Charlie Rose interviews Joel Silver, Keanu Reeves, Laurence Fishburne, and Carrie-Ann Moss. Audio file ... the first few minutes of it are a little weird, as they showed some footage on the television show; those who know the movies will know what they're hearing.

Other recent Charlie Rose interviews ... for some reason, I think I registered for something, so ....

:m:,
    Tiassa

19. Nasor Valued Senior Member

No, I'm afraid that doesn't make sense. The brain is not a computer. You can't just 'upload' a program into a human brain in the same way that you load software onto a computer. You would basically have to go into the person's head and physically re-arrange most of the nerves in their brain.

20. AntonK Technomage Registered Senior Member

When these people are jacked into the Matrix, their port is doing the transfer. We have no idea how deep the port goes. We have no idea the connections it makes. Whatever the port is doing, the avatar inside the matrix HAS to make it back out before the connection can be severed. Even with Neo, they couldn't just unplug him. SO, whatever it is thats so important that the avatar must get to a hardline, that must be what it is that allows the brain to be "rewired".

-AntonK

21. Ectropic Registered Senior Member

I think the idea of Neo having Psychic powers and Agent Smith installing himself on a real brain are stupid, but if you can learn kung fu with a level of mastery that would take you years of normal training in just seconds, then I would think that you could at least make a huge imprint on a brain in any way you wanted.

22. Sarcophagus Registered Member

UNLESS ... by "learning" kung fu you're simply "re-writing" the program of the 2nd level of the Matrix.

I hate to say it, but as cheesy as it would be for the brothers to write a Matrix-within-a-Matrix, it would be even cheesier for them to: a. have Smith jack himself into a human brain in the real world, and b. give Neo psychic/telekinetic powers in the real world.

Both theories make sense, it's just dependant on what direction you want to take it.

23. Walker Hard Work! Registered Senior Member

Maybe. But whenever Ron SIlver is interviewed about the plot he brings up "Ghost in the Shell", which has smith-type brain rewiring. An artificially intelligent presence "ghost hacks" a human brain, temporarilly taking over that body...which is kind of what's happening here.