Matrix: Reloaded

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by UberDragon, May 15, 2003.

1. UberDragon The Freak at the Computer Registered Senior Member

LAst night, I caught an advance showing at a movie theater near me. I'm not going to tell you anything about the movie, you have to see this for yourself. This movie (as Pollux would put it) reigns. If you have the time and the money to see this movie, do it.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. AntonK Technomage Registered Senior Member

I saw it as well...and have to agree...However...it isn't truly a movie so much as half a movie. In my opinion the best way to treat it is as if The Matrix were the prequel and Matrix Reloaded and Matrix Revolutions were 1 movie split into 2 parts. The Matrix was a great movie by itself...it didnt need 2 or 3 (but thank God we have them!) But if we were seeing 2 without knowing there was a 3 it would be HUGELY disappointing. I am now counting down til REVOLUTIONS!!!!! We should probably create another thread for talking about spoilers and advertise it so that no one gets anything they dont want to see.

-AntonK

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. SG-N Registered Senior Member

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

Agh, no one posts here anymore. Even though all those scifi threads in A&C should be moved here.

Antonk, the Matrix was written as a trilogy. It's always been planned out like this.

8. AntonK Technomage Registered Senior Member

I realize that...trust me I realize that. I was just commenting on how it felt to me. If The Matrix had been all there was then it would have been fine. It was a great movie. Kind of comparable to The Hobbit...which on its own is a great story. Matrix Reloaded by itself would NOT have made a great movie without knowing that Matrix Revolutions was also there. Just as Fellowship of the Ring does not stand on its own witout the other 2 books, Matrix Reloaded would not stand without Matrix Revolutions...thats all I meant. More of an opinion than anything else.

And about the sci-fi threads...i agree.

-AntonK

9. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

Anton K the thing is that revolutions and reloaded are one movie but spilt into two because not many will site through a 4+ hour long movie. That's why revolutions is coming so early....only a few months after reloaded because they were shot as one movie even though the Matrix was written as a trilogy. So waiting a year for other half wouldn't make sense as much as waiting for a sequel.

10. AntonK Technomage Registered Senior Member

Actually...i read a report they wanted to release them closer...they just couldn't finish the CG in time. Appearantly the CG for Revolutions is AWESOME.

-AntonK

11. Couldn't finish the CG in time. Yes, CG can take hours on each frame even on the best computers.

I guess, without seeing it but readin here, it makes sense they're coming out so soon as they are two halves.

I haven't seen it yet, I'll wait till audiences die down, I don't like theaters over half or even a quarter full.

12. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

I loved it. Passionately.

Everything was awesome

EXCEPT

+Crappy Dialogue (most but not all the time)

+Rampant cliches

+Cartoon Neo

+Some predictability

I give it an A. Awesome, awesome action movie.

13. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

Ex-Mod Pollux, I do agree. Although mine is closer to a B+.

*POSSIBLE SPOILERS* I will do my best to hide them.

For the following reasons:

-Cartoon Neo was cool. I took animation courses in college, and that level of detail, with all those real people around, is pretty spectacular. It could have been better, but Im not waiting another year for this movie.

-Some of the dialogue was to churchy, if there is such a thing. Some characters just tried to come across as John The Baptist, but they ain't John, there shaggy from Scooby Doo.

-Some of the scenes were not needed. Do we really need a five minute scene of a rave in Zion? Actually, we do. It shows just how down right pagan we can be.

-The kid? The kid is gay. He needs to go back to gay school so that he can learn how to not be gay. Gaaayyyyyyyy.

-The gayest part was the "To Be Concluded" sing at the end.

Okay, onto the good. And once again, I will do my best to hide the spoilers. GO SEE THE MOVIE ALREADY! *SPOILER ALERTS!*

-Okay, that Mech Looking thing in Zion was just awesome! And apparently it'll be in Revolutions.

-Neo only does Kung Fu? For many people this was the downfall of the movie. Why would Neo do Kung Fu if he could just wave his hand and make all the agents disappear? He can fly... Well, why can't he shoot magically rays out of his eyes and melt crap? Well, I'll tell you. The Wachowski brothers are doing what they do best right here. This is what I thought was the coolest part of the movie.

Jesus never melted people with his eyes, as far as I know he used a gun. Anywho, Neo is showing how human he is. Although he has all these groovy powers, he's still only human. He is not a God, he is a messiah. Jesus only walked on water, Neo only fly's through the air. Jesus turned water to wine, Neo blocks bullets.

Ya get my drift? Jesus was just an average Joe, until he found out that he was the man! Neo was just an average joe, until he found out that he's the one. It's a whole "can man be a God?" thing. And Im not going to start dealing with it until someone asks me to. Now, WHOA! I've gone way into thought here. Later yall. And go see the movie.

14. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

I doubt that it....they spent 2 years on some scenes alone and they probably had more than one studio handling the fx shots. The brothers are meticulous workers so they wouldn't release anything untill it was utterly complete to their liking. I guess they realize the attention span of even the hardcore fan was low these days. I heard the movie became too long so it was spilt into 2 pieces but since the ending is so abrupt in reloaded they have to release the second piece quickly but even those months are toooo long

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

15. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

oh CounslerCoffee that kid you mentioned who is so gay is actually the main character in a Animatrix short called..."a kid's story"..it shows how he freed himself from the matrix.

16. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

I remember seeing your thread in the Arts & Culture forum. I would of seen it sooner had you posted it here! Good stuff though. (Hint hint: Post it here! I rarely go in A&C) Let me put it this way, the short was better then the guy in the movie. I hate the kid. I hope spoon boy stabs him to death with a spoon!

Sargentlard, I just had a flashback. Not to my old hippie days, but to my old matrix days. Back two years ago... Yes, I remember like it was yesterday.

I remember an article saying that the most difficult air stunt ever was performed over Sydney Australia. And was done for the Matrix sequels... I don't remember seeing any air stunts in the Matrix Reloaded... Do you think it'll be in revolutions?

17. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

WOW..you're the only one i know that knows of that.....yes it will be....you see they shot it on a holiday weekend so it would be easier to evacuate the area since the helicopters would be flying below regulations level....i think it is supposed to be 14 minutes long or so....

way too cool

BTW read my review of all the 9 animatrix shorts....

18. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

I already did. I haven't seen most of them yet though. Im looking for to the ones that take place before the matric was created.

Im glad that Im not the only one who recalls that. I thought I was going crazy because I was talking to my geek friends and they didn't believe me.

*SPOILER ALERT*

Rumor is though, is that were going to see a ton of those cool looking Mech things that were in zion. (Ya only see them for a split second in reloaded) God, Im so freaking siked! You know what mean?

*END SPOILER ALERT*

I can't wait for the DVD. Hopefull Larry and Andy will make another "Matrix: Revisited" type DVD. I can't wait to examine how they did some of this crap! It just blows the mind!

Also, Sargent, you might enjoy this site: http://matrixessays.blogspot.com/

P.S. That car chase scene was way to short! I coulda sat there for another 30 minutes watching that. God, it was so climatic. After it ended the entire audience clapped.

19. kmguru Staff Member

Saw today...great movie or should I say half of the movie...

Any speculations as to how it is going to end?

My thought...at the end of the trilogy, one guy in blue lab coat asks another: "How is your Matrix simulation worked out on the T-Rex ?"

"Fantastic"

"Let us go have some lunch"

And the two walk out of a brand spanking new IBM building....

20. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

It is often thought that the Matrix might be taking place inside of another Matrix. But that would be HORRIBLE! Seriously. Im not looking for a movie version of Dallas.

21. SG-N Registered Senior Member

Applause !!! bis !

6 months...

22. kmguru Staff Member

Saw on the net:

Not-so-subliminal advertising - The future may be bleak, sunless and run by menacing computers, but Cadillac, Ducati, Samsung and other corporations appear to be alive and well.

23. SG-N Registered Senior Member

Advertising in Matrix is an Art...