Masturbation is for Losers

Discussion in 'Science & Society' started by Lori_7, Dec 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

Hm...lots of "ifs". If you want to know if He exists, then all you have to do is want to know if He exists.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

I'm not talking about religion, I'm talking about real life. So if you are ever presented with the opportunity to particpate in a genetic alteration in which your flesh is made eternal, then you will remember this conversation that we're having right now? Please remember that this is the mark of the beast, and that I told you that now...now, when you think the whole premise is a crock of shit. Deal?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

I'm 53 and accepted the existence of God 38 years ago (your entire lifetime). Shortly after that my disbelief grew steadily and significantly stronger to this moment. A disbelief strengthened by Christian testimonies especially like yours.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. leopold Valued Senior Member

i disagree, religion is not a fantasy, it's a reality. look aroud, it's everywhere. the real question is what does religion provide to or for society?

8. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

Lori,

The "IFs" are for your benefit. I have no doubt of the absurdity of Christianity.

9. Gustav Banned Banned

i need him to find the perfect mate

lord
    help me find a hot sexy girl
    help me find one that is obedient
    a good cook
    one that never complains
    please lord
    do this for me
    i will be forever your servant
    i will strike down the infidel, chris
    i will be your sword of vengeance
    this i vow!

10. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

Leopold,

Don't confuse the institutions with their underlying fantasy beliefs - i.e. the existence of supernatural realms.

11. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

That was very good Gustav, but let's leave Cris out of this ok? It's not a sword of vengeance, but of truth. And you don't have to swear to do anything for God in return...there's no bargaining with God. But seriously, you're doing great for starters. Needless to say, I'm assuming that you're sincere. :bugeye:

12. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

Lori,

No you are still wrapped in the fantasy of the bible.

Open ended life spans whether biological or not do seem to be inevitable. I’ve held that view for sometime regardless of what you say.

No it’s just religious gibberish.

Not quite sure what you mean here – I already see Christianity as crap. Are you saying you will agree with that also?

13. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

If the 'ifs' are for my benefit, then they are wasted, as I know God personally. There are no 'ifs' for me as far as His existence is concerned.

What exactly do you mean that you "accepted" the existence of God? You either know or you don't know...there is no acceptance. It's like saying "I accepted the existence of my mom." What?????

And what do you mean by testimonies especially like mine? I'm being 100% honest. I'm not on some f'ing campaign, and I'm not trying to shove some agenda or some religion down anyone's throat. I would never want anyone to take my word for it, or some religion's word for it, or even God's word for it (referring to the Bible). All I'm doing is honestly testifying to what I've come to know by my personal experience, and I'm saying that anyone who wants to know can know just like I do...all you have to do is want to know. Do you want to know? No you don't, which is why you don't. How can you want to know anything if you already have your mind made up? Cris, you have absolutely no sound reason for believing that I'm a liar or that I'm delusional other than the mere fact that you want to believe these things about me. Why? Because you don't want what I'm saying to be true. Cris, you are wrong about God.

14. leopold Valued Senior Member

i'm easily confused, mostly probably maybe.

15. leopold Valued Senior Member

about real life? reality can be disgusting. ever been to a war?

16. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

I'm saying that if I were to tell you today that at some point in the future, mankind will be presented with an opportunity to become immortal in and by the flesh, and presented by "aliens" no less, that you would think that was a crock of bs. Then again, maybe you wouldn't and you would sign right up for it. I'm hoping for the former.

17. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

No, I'm a sheltered American girl, but even I can see that reality is disgusting. Ever been a waitress? lol.

18. leopold Valued Senior Member

lori_7 do you believe god to be supernatural?

19. leopold Valued Senior Member

lori, have you considered being immortal? would you want immortality?

20. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

21. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

I don't know. He created all things (nature), and the laws of such, and operates within them, at least when interacting with me. He is beyond nature. He would have to be if He created it.

22. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

I've already got it in Christ. But the immortality of this wretched flesh? No way, that would be my worst nightmare. And will be the worst nightmare of many who accept the mark of the beast. "Men will seek death in those days and will not find it", or something like that.

23. leopold Valued Senior Member

M*W you have no idea the value of religion. and nobody is "forceing" anybody else.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.