Masturbation is for Losers

Discussion in 'Science & Society' started by Lori_7, Dec 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

...who can't get a date.

Where is this coming from and what does it have to do with religion?

Well, the other night, I overheard a lovely young man talking about how he just can't seem to turn himself on anymore. And I thought well that's cool, since you're not supposed to be turning yourself on. That's my job!

It says in the Bible that your "stuff" belongs to someone else anyway...that is, your future mate. So hands off...give it a rest already! You're supposed to be saving it for someone special. It's meant to be something special...something shared. What's there to share if it's not so special...if it's all used up?

Just so you know where I'm coming from...I've been celebate for going on 5 years (except for one very hideous drunken mistake that lasted for about 5 minutes)...and I haven't masturbated for at least a couple of years...2 or 3 maybe. Except for this one time about a year ago or so...funny, funny stuff...I had someone on my mind alot, and these thoughts of him got me all worked up. So I decided to relieve some tension, and it was like...

wiggle, wiggle, BOOM!

It lasted for all of 2 seconds I swear, and I cracked up laughing at myself, and reaffirmed that yea, that's just a waste of time...even if it's just 2 seconds...lmao.

Back in the day, I used to do it alot. Especially after I stopped having sex with other people. But it got to the point where I had a negative association with it. The thoughts that would go through my mind while doing it were not what I would consider to be "pure" or "positive" in any way. And logic told me that if I wasn't willing to settle for the wrong man, then I wasn't willing to settle for my finger or some lifeless and cold plastic implement either. It just wasn't satisfying anymore...not that it ever really was.

So now, and for years now, I've been saving myself for my future husband. Anyone else out there think that's a good idea?

Wiggle, wiggle, BOOM!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Harlequin Banned Banned

Y'know, anti-smoking advertisements always make me want to go and have a smoke. Threads like this make me feel like a good, hard, w....

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Harlequin Banned Banned

Actually, I'm lying. I have no desire to jack off whatsoever at the moment.
    Well, wasn't the above a completely wasted post.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

Gustav,

With all due respect...please stop typing.

8. KennyJC Registered Senior Member

So long as men have a penis and testosterone, there will always be masturbation. This is why 95% use their tools solo style from time to time. It is the other 5% that are losers, Lori.

The way I see it, is that my "stuff" belongs to me, and if anyone else wants to borrow use of it, feel free if you have my permission.

9. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

Lori,

That is common among the religious who have been conditioned, often from early childhood, to feel guilty about many things, especially if they are also led to believe that a super all seeing being is watching them all the time. Probably one of greatest evils generated by religion.

Masturbation is universal and very healthy. It is both pleasureable and relieves tension. Just don't rush it - that's one of the greatest mistakes. We are sensual and sexual beings. Sexual urges are entirely natural, it is what has made us a successfull species along with our intelligence. If you have an urge then satisfy it. If you have a partner then enjoy each other if not then why deny yourself a natural pleasure?

Overcoming deep religious indoctrinated feelings of guilt will be very unfortunate for you especially if you feel that having a partner is the only outlet for you but you wish to remain single.

10. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

Well Ken,

That's not what Jesus told me, so....

I doubt very seriously that you've sought His opinion on this one. And hey, it's your life, and free will and all of that, so have at it. You know, if that's what you're willing to settle for.

Jesus told me that if you put the energy that you spend wacking off, into praying for a mate, then you could actually get laid!

11. water the sea Registered Senior Member

It's not guilt. it's the realization that desire is insatiable, and that one might just as well stop tending to it.

12. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

Warning to everyone. This thread could easily get out of hand (pun not intended), so I will kill anything that does not stay on the subject at least in some religious sense and in a respectful and civilised manner.

13. Qorl Guest

Depends of your faith, priests have to do it all of their lives. It's easy to masturbate, but to watch your woman with another guy is not easy at all. That's how life is, we have to swallow everything to be a brave ass holes. I hate my faith and everything connected with it.

wiggle, wiggle, BOOM, for masturbators.

14. Harlequin Banned Banned

Yes, gustav. I concur completely. Please stop typing.

15. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

water,

Sounds like you might have problems or are just young. Achieving a balance in all things is a sign of intelligence. The extremes of insatiable addiction or total abstinance are both unhealthy and abnormal. If someone has a strong sex drive then that must be addressed. Some people have virtually none and that is fine too.

16. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

Well, that's definitely not me, so...

I think it's safe to say that I've had plenty of "urges" that if satisfied, would not be "healthy" for anyone, especially me, in the long run. The flesh operates seeking immediate gratification, and lies. This isn't rocket science man, come on. No one said that sexual urges aren't natural. God made sex and made it so that we would enjoy it immensely. And the next time I have sex, it's going to be "God sex", which is what I like to call the kind of sex that God would want for me to have. And from what I know of God, man, it's gonna be soooooooo good!!!!! Now that's exciting!

Dude, what are you talking about? What guilt? I don't have feelings of guilt, and I don't wish to remain single. I happen to be in a committed relationship with my soulmate right now...and he is one sexy mf'er. It's not the "season" for marriage yet. Right now we're doing this whole thing extremely long distance, but apparently we may be having tantric sex right now...um...I'm not exactly sure, but I'm down with it if we are...lol.

17. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

Lori,

Why not instead go out and practice some social skills. Finding a good partner takes real effort usually.

18. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

I thought that was what the choir boys were for?

And dude, if you hate your faith, then why subscribe to it? I'm so confused...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

19. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

Lori,

So then why do you feel guilt? Since you are so intensely intertwinned with your religious perceptions, it is not believable when you say your guilt is not religiously induced. Of course your sense of guilt is because of your beliefs.

20. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

Well, I guess that I was assuming that social skills were a "given". Even without skills, I honestly believe that there's someone out there for everyone, no matter how backwards.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

But it says in the Bible to look to God, and He will provide all things. And speaking from personal experience, let's see...about 15 or so years of one night stands, dating, engagements, live-ins, and marriage...I was done with my own efforts. So I gave it, it being the whole relationship quandry, to God, and presto, He gave me my soulmate. He says that me and this man were made for each other, and since He actually made both of us, I trust Him to know what He's talking about.

21. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

Lori,

Sorry - I'm a bit confused by that. You are in a relationship but not having sex and not maturbating - because of religious beliefs, right? So you have no form of satisfying sexual outlet, but do have urges? Isn't that unhealthy?

22. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

Why do you keep insisting that I feel guilt when I keep telling you that I don't feel guilt? Are you not reading what I'm writing to you, or are you just being irritatingly obstinate on purpose? See, this is what bugs me about some atheists, and that is, they only hear what they want to hear....selective listening. Stop it, it's irritating, and it makes you appear to be not so intelligent...no offense. I don't like having to repeat myself, so stop missing the point.

23. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

No, I'm definitely not cute.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.