Masculinity and men

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by Buddha1, Jan 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buddha1 Registered Senior Member

I think it will come out gradually from a discussion.

For one thing, being straight forward, fair and to an extent even honesty --- these are qualities associated with positive natural masculinity.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Not for me, I'm an asexual transvestite, remember, but that's a subjective view; so carry on, it's probably subjectively very important for penisland utopists unable and too weak in mind to tell their wives that they like to play with naked men more.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

You see. You are at it again. Life and death for which men? In what way is this issue (I'm not even sure which issue you mean, so you have a chance to work a fast one here) life and death for me? I fail utterly and completely to see. Show it to me. Open my eyes to the truth. (Yes, its sarcasm. I'm using it to help convey how absolutely you fail to convey something of significance for me - and nothing remotely approaching life and death. Boredom and bemusement perhaps.)

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Then you probably are not a man according to Buddha1's standarts and definitions

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Or maybe you're an asexual transvestite like I supposedly am

8. Buddha1 Registered Senior Member

Obviously, for two reasons:
    a. Masculinity is my area of work.

b. It is the single most important factor that affects the lives of men --- whether they are masculine, feminine or meterosexuals. It just affects each of them differently.

I don't see in you that concern or empathy for the fellow human being. You decidedly seem keen only to protect the established western notions --- that are obviously your power base.

9. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

I've never actually split in two and gone my separate ways, so I don't think I am asexual.
    I have worn a kilt, on account of being Scottish, so I could be mistaken for a transvestite. It can also be confusing in public lavatories: one sees the sign on the door, a man with a kilt. To be sure one checks the words. Yes, that's correct. It says "Laddies"; and I'm surely a fine Scottish Lad. Next thing you know the police have you in an arm lock and your struggling to remember your solicitor's phone number. Very upsetting.

10. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Oh, then please do tell how it affects me, I'm genuinly interested.
    Here's all the facts you probably need:
    I'm a 22 year old law student, have two sisters, one sucks, the other is awesome, live in Eastern Europe, like all kinds of art and music, write not such a bad poetry, all my best friends are females, some are artists. Enjoy my free time reading books about mythology and history, exercise in martial arts, work as a taekwondo referee in local tournaments, run a forum in Latvian on culture and society and hike whenever possible, hang out in oriental and indian tea houses, am a vegatarian, enjoy wearing jewlery (except gold) and like wearing leather clothing. Oh, and don't have a girlfriend and don't think about getting one. Absolutely no thoughts about getting a boyfriend either. Have a chow-chow breed dog, but we are just friends.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2006
  11. c7ityi_ Registered Senior Member

Hard and big.

Soft and small.

If the mind identies itself with the body, it becomes like the body.

12. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Thanks, you made my day!

13. Buddha1 Registered Senior Member

Avatar, instead of asking me that question, you should --- if you were honest --- try to find out the answer yourself.

For instance, if you're asexual have you been pressurised to show sexual interest in women? Now you don't deny that these pressures exist?

Hanging out only with women cuts out a lot of peer-pressure thing that happens in a male-only or even in a mixed-sex group. If the girls see you as one of their own --- they may not expect the gender roles that they would expect from other men. They may even feel its o.k. if you don't have sex with those that find you attractive, for the same reason.

I guess the girls that you've mentioned as your only pals, are limited in number and are your close pals, who know you inside out and don't expect you to fit into social masculinty roles. For there are many girls out there who would look at you as some kind of wierdo!

Have you ever asked yourself why you avoid male company? Is it because you want to avoid the ensuing peer-pressures?

Last edited: Jan 2, 2006
  14. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Never. Sometimes some relatives ask if I have a gf, I say that I don't and that I have no need for one, and it ends with that. Nobody has ever told me to get one or that I must have one.
    As for asexual I don't know, I like and have nothing against kissing and the like, I'm just not an emotional type, romantic relationships don't offer anything that I'm interested in.
    Not really, I like to hang out with girls in general, do that with many from my martial arts club.
    Maybe and probably they do, but they still like to hang out with me, invite to parties, etc.
    No, it's because most males are boooring, watch footie, etc., but most girls like to do fun and crazy things, that males think as not appropriate for their oh so serious selves. You know, like going to a zoo and acting like wild monkeys by the cages, asking people for bananas.

15. Buddha1 Registered Senior Member

So you think most guys want to act what is "appropriate" for them. Does this not mean that they are under the pressures of these 'expectations'. Social Gender is nothing but the expectations placed socially/ artificially on men because they are males.

It is probable that you're an exceptionally 'detached' human being who doesn't give the society or what they think a damn and lives his life according to his will. But the majority is not like that.

16. Buddha1 Registered Senior Member

Good starting point for a discussion.

Hard and big is considered a 'proof' of masculinity --- and thus comprises 'social masculinity'. But does it also comprise natural masculinity?

Similarly, soft and small is considered lack of 'masculinity' --- though not quite 'social femininity'. But does this also signify lack of natural masculinity?

Answering the above questions will highlight the difference between social masculinity and natural masculinity.

In other words, does this mean that men with big penises will be more masculine and those with small penises will be less masculine?

17. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Maybe it does, but does it have to do anything with expectations of masculinity?
    I haven't asked anyone. The usual reply that I get is "That's just stupid" or simply "What?!". So I haven't searched for dragons with any males.

18. Buddha1 Registered Senior Member

Why is there this big mental block in discussing these issues? What good is an 'open' and 'free' society if you can't discuss such things? What good is knowledge and science, if it is still stigmatised to discuss men's issues? How much longer do men have to wait to be heard?

19. leopold Valued Senior Member

this might be your problem buddha, you see something on t.v. and then apply it to the real world
    i have had a similar experience with a "failure" and i saw no need to "beg".
    if anything i was pissed because i didn't get any pussy

20. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

You know, I have no idea what penis I have. I have no idea what's considered big or small, measured it or spent any time looking at penises of other males.
    Maybe it has to do with some chemical balances in brain or somewhere else, like testosterone or something.

21. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Hey, hold there, it's not that I didn't dare to ask or something, I simply wasn't interested for the reasons, a no is a no, everyone is free to choose what to do.
    If you want I'll ask someone your question next time I receive such an answer.

22. Buddha1 Registered Senior Member

Well, I have, and I found out that this is the driving social force for men. And since I am a man and relate strongly with other men, I can't but do something about it. You can't see your own people being divided, exploited and enslaved --- when you know what's bothering them.

When you get the kind of insight into an important 'secret' like I have --- the only thing you can think of is --- God, I don't want to die with this information. I must share it with others --- even if I can't really bring any changes in my lifetime.

Really, it becomes the only reason that you're living.

23. leopold Valued Senior Member

it all depends on how you are raised
    your parents have a huge role on how you feel about yourself

i do not feel "pressure" from society about my sexuality
    if i want to suck dicks i will
    if i want pussy i'll get it
    if i want to jack off i will

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.