Masculinity and Madness

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by WANDERER, Dec 31, 2004.

1. gendanken Ruler of All the Lands Valued Senior Member

Observation:

Cole Grey and Fenris Wolf sound exactly alike.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cole grey Hi Valued Senior Member

I was referring to the real world.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Fenris Wolf Banned Banned

You were referring to the real world using this medium.
    Not having a go at you in particular Cole... I've been guilty of it myself. And then had a little smile at myself for doing so. T'was an observation, and it makes no difference whatsoever if you can back the words up or not.

Gendanken :
    Hmm. Reading.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

I begrudgingly like that to. But only because I like the word cunt and unfortunate names.
    I don't like what you're trying to say.

Fenris wolf;
    Are you wearing a feather boa by any chance?
    You just read like you're wearing a feather boa.

And go fuck yourself.
    There, I utilised this great opportunity to it's full potential.

Hmm, how very odd. I was sure you would on account of how you exhibit the timid stealthy behaviour of a panty thief...
    You know your ingenius revelation that "nothing is what it seems, it's the exact opposite ;-P xxx ooo luv ya!"?
    Well, whats going on?
    Surely you punch lions or throw rocks at the police?

The fact you assume being here inherently means one is a cowering faggot, just shows that you come here because you're a cowering faggot.
    You're imagining what it would be like if you wrote the things I write and then you're rightfully feeling like "well that shouldn't be, I'm a huge sissy".
    I'm here because I like explaining to people they're wrong in socially inappropriate ways.
    Just because I'm not a sissy doesn't mean I'm white trash. I still need to function in the world.
    If this is so "laughable", that someone so against society isn't a bum fighting dogs over chicken bones and threatening people for their change rather than begging, then laugh it up.
    I know I am.

You use this place, quite depressingly, as a tool to pacify your now thirsty "flirt" urge. You poor, poor, abused creature.
    What went so terribly wrong man?

8. cole grey Hi Valued Senior Member

I was just being honest. I wasn't even thinking about how many people might not be. I have no interest in being perceived as other than what I am. In the real world though, I have to at least comb my hair once in a while.

Gend,
    We have similar language usage, and also some similarities in punctuation and general tone.
    But I wouldn't say "t'was".
    I also tend towards run-on sentences.
    Also, if the person is talking about some inner workings of computer systems, it is obviously Fenris talking not me.

9. Fenris Wolf Banned Banned

Line by line and quote by quote, answering your post by rote...

No, actually you didn't. Rather, you just invalidated any useful reason for you to be here at all.

That's a rather odd statement, coming from someone who went offline for quite some time to compose this reply.
    Unless of course, you typed this up with one eye on the latest nature documentray on television.

Now lou. You cannot ascribe to me your own particular style. Oh... wait. It is not entirely yours, is it? More a hybrid. Other posters, lou-style.

And therein lies the evidence of which particular style I'm referring to.
    Are you learning from the toreador directly, or are you watching carefully in order to gain pointers?

Wherever did you get the impression I thought you were white trash? I'm afraid you're reading far more into my posts to you than you need to. Perhaps there is something in that which needs addressing? Where is the point in trying to appear here as something you are not?
    No. I'm simply wondering if you are, lou. So far, I'm rather disappointed. Be a good lad and do something about that, will you?

What, precisely, am I flirting with?
    And I'll ask again, in the light of this quote.
    Why are you here?

10. cole grey Hi Valued Senior Member

Nice.
    This is so completely NOT what happened. I even provided an easy out for you before you came in with your claws fully extended. I admit to throwing a few sparks around once in a while, but that isn't to goad anyone into a fight.

11. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

Yeah, feather boa, and perhaps high heels as well.

Your years of panty thieving have left you quite adept at noting your surroundings.
    It's a risky business panty thieving. Not like those amateurs who just tear them off the clothes line and run, no you like them sweatty, which means you have to get to the dirty laundry hamper in the homes of strangers.
    "Did I leave this door open?" "was that cat ornament facing that way when I came in?" you can walk around in someones house for hours while they're in there without them knowing because you're so acutely aware of everything thats going on in the house.
    And man, you've sniffed some panties in your time, boy howdy. Hoo doggie, the panties you've sniffed....

Anyway, I never went offline to compose a reply, douche.
    Ironically, you're unknowingly shining a light on more evidence that I'm not a loser like you.
    I actually have free internet and a free computer given to me by the company I work for.
    However, it is dial up internet, and the computer is full of virus'.
    As of late it's been dropping offline and dialling another number, I can't even interupt this procedure, it just needs to run it's course, and then I have to dial back up to the internet.
    As a fat nerd this is probably making your floppy sides split with laughter. As a competent human being that makes my sides split with laughter.

I'm not the kind of guy who goes to the trouble of making a fancy computer and paying for it and the internet.
    This was just sitting in my house, it was a case of entrapment.

You knew you needed a computer in order to live something that almost feels like a life.

I "composed" that post and this post in the quick reply box if you must know. Thats why there's no name in the quotes.

I never said you had that impression.
    But it's quite clear, to anyone who participates in real life, that the only people behaving the way you feel I should behave in light of my views, are white trash.
    However, this doesn't mean the pure acts of fighting and killing are trashy.
    The trashy lower class just happen to be the least adept at controlling themselves. Thy react to stimulai without thinking because they are a simpler animal. Not because they're brave or because they're naturally more violent.

No one is brave enough to take on modern civilisation, it would just be retarded. If white trash weren't retarded they'd abide by the law too.
    I don't know why you're so disappointed that I don't go around killing people. Why you think this is hypocritical or whatever.

It's not a very smart thing to do in this day and age, I never claimed I was an idiot.
    I let it be known that this isn't right, that we are enslaved by fake laws and that we should be free to do whatever the fuck we want.
    I don't do whatever the fuck I want, I do whatever I want less and less as I become an adult because I'm more aware that I'd end up in prison if I did. Why would I purposefully put myself in a cage?
    Your argument seems to rely on the assumption that I'm a retard who can't control myself. Not killing people only because I'm too weak to do it.

Yes I'm pro violence(pro- humans being humans) and no I don't go around killing people. It's not hypocritical at all. It doesn't mean I'm a phony. It doesn't mean I'm some outstandingly weak scared guy, unless you feel everyone that isn't in prison is outstandingly weak. I've been tamed and enslaved and you have too.
    The only difference is I'm aware of that reality and you aren't. Or you're comfortable with it. I don't feel it's ok. But there is absolutely jack diddly fuckin squat anyone can do about it and it's got nothing to do with how tough anyone is.
    Acknowledging this problem doesn't then obligate you to ruin your life.

And it says nothing about the animal I am. A tethered race horse is still a race horse.

I don't know, you're the genius who's decided that's what I'm doing.
    I'm more than willing to admit that in real life you are exactly like you seem.
    Just a common panty thief. I trust it isn't a masquerade.

I always have to explain that I'm not what you think I am, but you keep baiting me into these ridiculous conversations. Like I said earlier, go fuck yourself.
    If you're really interested in finding out what I'm like in real life, pm me and we'll meet. You're in australia too right?
    We'll meet. I think in a school grounds would be most fitting (on a weekend ofcourse, but then, children could add to the atmosphere.... really visciously mean kids, gotta love them)
    I'll degrade and demoralise you by pinching at your soft flesh and calling you names.
    I won't kill you, but I'll make it clear that I want to and could by wrecklessly choking you for way too long. I'll also hit you really hard with things in a way which makes you think "fucking hell, that was just way too hard".
    I won't be afraid to penetrate your anus with objects against your will.
    I'll work that raspy shriek out of you, the one that sounds odd as it's obviously coming from a post pubescent male with descended testicles, and yet is so helpless and desperate, almost like it's calling for help. No one seems to be able to maintain any level of dignity after making that noise. It can't be laughed off. A man who makes that noise will keep his eyes to the floor for the rest of his life.
    Is that what you want panty thief?

This. It's alot of fun.

12. water the sea Registered Senior Member

Why?
    Uh.
    I see that simplicity and honesty are much undervalued, and rarely expected. Hence, they are met with disbelief and resentment.

All will be well. We must be patient.

13. Fenris Wolf Banned Banned

Cole:
    And I would not say "That is so completely not what happened".
    Heh. You're American aren't you. Although I have to admit I'm hearing it a lot more these days from kids around here - You're a pervasive sort of culture. But that's completely OT.

Lou:
    Exactly what I expected from you. You really ought to go back to your mentor, he's far more adept than you at this sort of thing. Here's a pointer : If you're going to insult someone, then do it so that you can show some insight by adding just enough truth to make them cringe. Otherwise, it's completely ineffective, and makes one think of children in a schoolyard telling each other they are big fat cows. Add enough insight into their character so that they see parts of themselves in what you're saying, and then whatever you really don't know becomes all the more intimidating. Otherwise you merely look like you're frothing.
    Keep it in mind.

Read through it trying to figure out what was worth replying to, and there isn't terribly much. One or two things :
    I don't care where your computer came from, or what's wrong with it that you're too lazy too fix. I merely know you're on it a lot. I thought you had no interest in explaining yourself to me?

Last edited: Jan 29, 2005
  14. water the sea Registered Senior Member

Lou: If you're really interested in finding out what I'm like in real life, pm me and we'll meet. You're in australia too right?

Fenris: Don't be ridiculous.

I would love to witness this meeting!

15. cole grey Hi Valued Senior Member

Ah.

And here is where the chest-beating starts to sound reasonable. The female of the species has shown some interest. The males have drawn her attention with their demonstration of masculinity and madness. Tune in next week to national geographic's special presentation - "Human: animal, or manimal?"

p.s. fenris - I live in southern california, so it is only through a special dispensation of linguistic ability that I am able to speak english at all. I must fight to keep every word from being a "like", or a "yo". Sometimes even the phrases which cause Gendanken such intense pain, "...you know", and "...or something like that", beckon with their whore-ish promises of easy, sloppy, communication.

16. Xev Registered Senior Member

17. Fenris Wolf Banned Banned

Thank you David Attenborough.
    I think you'll find the the "female of the species" was one of many of both sexes watching this particular thread, but one who actually decided to post something rather than merely reading with a certain sheen to the eyes.

This type of discourse seems to follow a regular format. When the mudslinging ensues, certain types of people read, and others put in an appearance while saying relatively little. That you cannot see the crowd does not mean they are not there.

The main drift of the "conversation" above was precisely as you saw. Lou has posted many times regarding this subject - he definately is in the animal camp. For myself, I tend to lean toward manimal. We have elements of both in us - the raw instinct and social mores of the animal, and the capacity for transcending them.
    Nihilism in its various forms is something I have on my mind at the moment. There are times when the mind meanders down some rather dark pathways, and mine have been particularly... odd, recently. For myself, I will make an effort to read again something Gendanken wrote so succinctly on this forum some time ago.

"The summer kid that used to dissect flies by the railroad tracks who would save all his money from his chores to buy a microscope- one has a tendency to say he is killed by the rote of civilization that makes him a responsible man.
    He is not killed, but he is inebriated and lies sleeping in every last one of us here by the ennui and stagnation of existence. Watch him come alive again around nature and beasts- he is an amazing spirit and I do believe he will get us to the stars one day.
    "
    - Gendanken.

By way of comparison :

Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
    That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
    And then is heard no more; it is a tale
    Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
    Signifying nothing.

William Shakespeare - "Macbeth"

Lou is the latter, and unfortunately he is rather common these days... perhaps he always has been. I started an essay once using these two quotes as a premise, but I never did finish it.

I took note of Gendanken's comment, and did read a few of your posts. She's right to some extent - we write in a similar fashion on occasion. There are differences though, as you noted.
    Interesting to think that we write similarly, and yet probably speak completely differently. I'm Australian. Our accents would be... rather dissimilar. Brings to mind the animus - mine is distinctly british in pattern. If you think of yourself as having one, or if you write while speaking the words to yourself while typing, how does it sound?

18. water the sea Registered Senior Member

Uh.

My interests in seeing them meet are diabolic though. I'd have my fun, watching them exchange furious looks, hidden behind a politness they had practiced, ever so carefully, in front of mirrors.

Alright, since we are talking about languages here, I must give my share -- for all to understand, for the umpth time -- English is my third language and I'm good in it only as far as scientific and moderate communication is concerned. So ...

Come, come -- join the party!

First of all, I've been here from the beginning. I offered an analysis which was shunned, alright. But as it turned out this thread is to be a demonstration of masculinity and madness (this especially!), this kept my interest.

And you'll pay me for that "reading with a certain sheen to the eyes".

Say it: Flies.on.the.wall.
    You are so not funny, sometimes, Fenris.

That's good, lads, you are bonding.

19. Xev Registered Senior Member

Why? Wanderer will avoid this subject because he doesn't want to botch his patch-up by saying things I'll deliberately misconstrue, gendanken is being boring now that she's got a old-new suckup to mock, and Lou Natic isn't talking about eugenics or dead babies.

On the other hand, Charlee Jacobs is describing a rape-dismemberment in the most loving detail.
    Wait-sec -

I'm sure they have been. And bestial and dark, and only for the elite who can realize how special you are.
    You know, 'cuz you've been to S.E Asia.
    Where life is cheap.
    And the gooks will slit your throat in a heartbeat.
    As you'll remind us, ad nauseam.
    Because you're bestial and dark. Fenris-wolf, ooh, one of Hel's slimy cold creatures.

Dr Lou Natic wins.
    Thread closed.

--
    Oh.
    Crap I brought up Charlee for a reason:

"Arcan knew his father didn't have the bestial strength to do anything other than leave once the bitch grew too old to chase him. But he was a slave-man and he would forever roam from pelt to pelt. He was dying for his pleasures. He was already dead.
    "The real grave is in your eyes," the teenager said softly, staring at his old man.
    (...)
    If Lucas must be a slave to his passions and have a Lilith, then let it be a young one. So he could at least say to himself, "I'm not dying and I'm not used. I'm virile and strong. I'm getting younger with every heartbeat."
    Harry leaned over. "What did you say, little brother?"
    Arcan didn't reply. But he could see the death in his father's eyes, as the female took parts of him even as they stood there. The most disgusting thing was how much Lucas enjoyed being enthralled by this symbiotic fascination"

Last edited: Jan 30, 2005
  20. WANDERER Banned Banned

Xev
    At least you admit it.

Why would I intervene into a thread that is going so magnificently?

Masculinity and Madness, both on display here for all the girls to snicker over.
    Proof through the attempt to disprove.

Check this out:
    This after the Queen agrees to peace.
    She can’t help herself.
    She might not even know she’s doing it.
    She only sees the other.
    Her self is obscured by her enormous ego.

So she’s torn. Part of her wants a cessation of hostilities and a return to talk about abstract subject matter that interests her. Another part is drawn to the gossip and schoolyard antics of attraction, denial, loyalty, hatred, friendship, betrayal... in this episode of:
    AS SCIFORUMS TURNS.

So she pretends avoidance by taking a pot-shot to invite.

Should I respond or should I let it slide?

Then there's this from her footstool-or is it just her stool?:
    And this:
    which in light of this:
    ..is fucking hilarious.
    Does he even know how pathetic he sounds?
    I believe it’s called ‘pussy-whipped’.

One wonders if the same amount of reverence would be shown if our queen had a literal penis, instead of the metaphorical one she has.

Then this comes as an explanation for why he is the way he is:
    Can he finish anything?
    No...but he's a good starter.
    Never quit knows how to close the deal, how to resolve the issue or find an ending to a story.
    He thinks but never concludes.
    Can you imagine an essay with no end?

Women? Can he make the kill or does he only know how to track?
    Does he talk incessantly about this or that, dreaming all the while of sticking his little penis inside them, but never being able to come straight out and say it?
    Does he kiss ass and worship them from afar, hoping they’ll give him a blow-job as a reward for his gallantry and loyalty or does he make a move and risk becoming a common animal with bestial instincts?

Does he seek attention by throwing himself in front of the bullet, so as to garner sympathy and the chivalry of services rendered?

This is very good advice from one that knows all about mentors and being someone’s he-bitch.

I bet the little pooch has all sorts of questions to ask his master about life and about sex and about the Wanderer.
    He must be aching for information.
    What happened?
    Why did it happen?
    Why didn’t it happen to me?

Notice the “just enough truth” statement and what it inadvertently discloses about what I had said about him once upon a time.
    What a subliminal way of admitting things.

Little Fenris had his pants pulled down once but he managed to cover his ass in time by running into the girls bathroom.
    Now, he’s aching for a repeat performance.
    This time the pants might reach his ankles though.

I believe the Doctor has a diagnosis.
    Does he have a remedy?

How’s that for participation Xev?
    Do you like?

21. gendanken Ruler of All the Lands Valued Senior Member

Careful there- you're blowing up a simple reply to your inamorata into more drama.
    Ever the satirist.

You have no idea.

Panty-thieving.

(the most hillarious post in this thread, Lou. Would love to dip you in acid, but that was hilarious.
    Therefore, Dr. Lou wins.)

Water:
    No, you wouldn't.

In one corner, a manicured wolf in a boa and on the other a baby-faced Punky Brewster protesting his being a 'tethered race horse'.
    And they both stink of kangaroo.

This thread rules.

Xev:
    You're supposed to be mourning your being "exposed" (poor girl).

22. water the sea Registered Senior Member

"Aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh," a deep groan, as if it came from the centre of the earth emerges from water, with fury, with vigour, with anger and wrath as she sees the madness in this thread -- and it is the madness of men. Men, I tell you, those beings that could be so much more -- men that could be *men* -- if they would just, for crying out loud, stop being so obsessed with their masculinity!

23. water the sea Registered Senior Member

I would love to see it!
    It would be the perfect sequel to "Priscilla, Queen of the Desert"!
    Imagine, them Fenris and Lou, and Abba in the back!
    Two cocks in frocks on rocks.

Indeed.