Martin Luther...The Rebel

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Bowser, Jan 8, 2005.

1. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

this is blatantly false. i was a christian many many years ago.
    at no time did i hate, or insult her in any way.

broad generalizations are dangerous, friend.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

but for the most part, i think that you have hit on a very sensetive spot for most protestant christians.

in other words.....you are a good conversation starter, as i dont have the desire to respond to most posts. lol your posts make me want to say something EVERY time.

:m:

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Leo Volont Registered Senior Member

Most Prots don't even realize they are doing it. They will start out by saying that God must have really liked Mary, BUT, she was just as human as everybody else, that she was probably a good wife and broke down and had sex with Joseph, that the Bible said Jesus had brothers and so Mary was not a virgin. And that is only insults toward the Historic Mary.

It gets rough when they consider the Existing Mary. You know, I often am quite convinced that the Protestants simply do not really believe in an After Life, because they simply do not even consider it in the realm of possibility that Mary translated from Earth to Heaven. I wonder what hope they have for personal immortality when they don't even believe Christ would give Immortality to His own Mother. So, to them it is preposterous that Mary is either honored in Heaven or that She appears in the World -- they insist that all of that must be Satanic Trickery.

If someone were to call me Satanic, I would think it an insult.

So, you think I am exaggerating, but honestly, on all the Protestant Sites I had eventually been banned from, I can aver that I never heard a Protestant speak three sentences together about Mary before the insults would commence.

I think the root cause of this is the Protestant foundation in rebellion and selfishness. Protestants fixate on a Personal Relationship with Christ. Mary, to them, represents a Special Relationship that Jesus already has which supercedes anything they could ever hope for, and so they resent it. But it is in the Catholic acceptance of Mary's Privelege that Civilization becomes possible, when people can acknowledge, even in their Religions, that there can be Rank and Authority placed above them; that God is not a personal possession held in selfishness, but the Top of an Organization of which they can feel honored to just be a part. The Catholic View is Mature -- a Universe which includes everybody, and in which everybody has a place. The Protestant View is of a selfish infantilism in which the Personal Relationship with Christ is necessarily exclusive and requires even that Christ's own Mother be relegated to Hell.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

nothing in any christian creed ive ever heard of relegates mary to hell.
    all i was saying is that most christians (protestant or not) give respect to mary. the problem that most protestants have is the almost deification that is given to her in catholic practice.

you are saying that most christians think of mary as "hellish".
    that simply is not true, and i think you know that.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

links, please?