Martin Luther King's Wisdoms

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Hevene, Jan 25, 2004.

1. outlandish smoki'n....... Registered Senior Member

By your logic, after the deaths of only one or two people the American Civil Rights movement should have (or could have) been abandoned as a vehicle for fundamental societal change.
    I wasn't applying any logical inferences. I was stating mere fact.
    Secondly one cannot complare the US civil rights movement to the Isr/pal conflict, since each issue must be analysed and addressed within it's own merits and on the basis of its own inherent specific points.

nonviolence must be a popular movement...
    I assume you mean this reffering to the isr/pal conflict.
    It is a popular movement. Palastinians and Israelis on the whole in general want peace, but the reality within the context of the wider geo-pol climate is a different matter altogehter, and I'm sure you're knowledgeable enough on the situationto apreciate that fact.

but they do not represent a popular Palestinian movement.
    indeed. What they do represent is an illustration of the futile nature of any nonV movement against the reprehensible actions and stance of the IDF.

Hype you comparison of US CR movement to the isr/pal situation is extremely niave, it simply cannot be made.
    We have an isr govt backed by the most powerful superpower both economically and militarily, which is also given a political shield to carry out a systematic and bloody cleansing of the Palastinian people, and on top of that it's given the backing of the most efficient global mass media propaganda machine in the world which paints any resistance by the pals to brutality as "terrorism". In fact there are many on this board who believe the ludicrous fallacy that it's the pals who are hellbent on terror and are portrayed as mindless suicide bombers when the complete picture is never beamed around the globe.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. 15ofthe19 35 year old virgin Registered Senior Member

So Al-Jazeera doesn't count?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. outlandish smoki'n....... Registered Senior Member

right....
    what do you think?
    al-j is main prop machine? compared to the pro zionist machine? yeah right.
    al-j offers at the least counter prop (like a drop on the ocean) and at most a valuable different perspective to the foxnews drivel.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Hevene Registered Senior Member

Greco,
    I don't believe in prophecies. We have control over the future, it's all about choices making. (and if we don't change the way things are going now, the world will collaps pretty soon, but we always have a choice.)

8. Greco Registered Senior Member

It was a sarcastic comment Hevene. If MLK was a reverend (a man of the clothe so to speak) and familiar with the bible then I presume he had knowledge of the prophetic destruction of mankind. For him having hope of world peace is hypocritical.

9. Hevene Registered Senior Member

I don't think my comment was sarcastic. I would rather take control over my future than let some prophecis take control over me. I think take the easy way out for this isn't very wise.