Martian Settlement, 2090

Discussion in 'Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology' started by Xylene, Apr 27, 2009.

?

Would you emigrate to Mars if you were given the chance?

1. Yes--there on the next flight

52.0%
  2. No

8.0%
  3. Maybe

32.0%
  4. Haven't given it much thought

8.0%
  1. phlogistician Banned Banned

I think you must have banged your head. We cannot complete the ISS with the resources we have, and you envisage a mile long vehicle?

It would be better to create a ship that rotated, a la space station in 2001 if we are going for grand plans, so astronauts had some gravity.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Diode-Man Awesome User Title Registered Senior Member

To Mars! I specialize in Horticulture...... :m:

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

I know it sounds ridiculous. But im saying all we need is one, just one to ferry over the majority of the equipment and act as a space station. After that all we need is smaller ships to ship new supplies back and forth.

The mere idea of going to mars has been a total joke to humanity until the last 30 years. Lets show them whos laughing now.

Anyways, the entire ship won't be solid. I think that instead we should use many modules like in the ISS.

And also think about how much cheaper this could be. We only need one major ship/space station, and as long as we bring fresh supplies and maintain it, we could keep it up there almost indefinitely.

Let's show the world that we can all come together and achieve the greatest challenge in space we could think of.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. draqon Banned Banned

marijuana will not grow on Martian surface! OH YEAAAH! DRUG-FREE ZONE at last

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. PieAreSquared Woo is resistant to reason Registered Senior Member

that's true... things only die on Mars

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!