Marijuana

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by Xellos, Jan 16, 2006.

1. RoyLennigan Registered Senior Member

causes damage in reproductive cells, there are many studies on it

Last edited: Feb 12, 2006
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. RoyLennigan Registered Senior Member

i was under the impression that the damage done to cells that could affect meiosis (after any trace of marijuana has left the body completely) was negligable in that it couldn't be distinguished from normal mutations that happen naturally.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. RickyH Valued Senior Member

Well thats a tough one. But you could simply run test before and after with only one factor being the marijuana and test the differences. That would make it alot more simple to test. But there would always be a change and an extremely hard one to distinguish from. But technology advances everyday. Who is to say 25 years from now that would be a simple thing to run tests for.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. RoyLennigan Registered Senior Member

its a very complex system and i'm not sure if there's a simple test we can do to observe the effects, like you are saying. when there is thc in the bloodstream still, it is shown to have an effect on the production of sperm (causes less sperm to be produced, i'm not sure what the effect is in women, but there still is one). this either doesn't happen, or happens with such minuteness that it isn't observable when there is no thc present in the body. i think the damage done is so small that it doesn't really matter. but yes, in a few years we might be able to observe that small change due to marijuana, if it occurs.

8. RickyH Valued Senior Member

Yea, well I hope we are able to study it better.

The effect it has on women is that there cycle is slightly off i.e. instead of once a month its once every 5-6 weeks. I couldn't tell you if those are the exact numbers on it. But they are very close.

9. J.J Registered Senior Member

What's wrong with being high
    What's wrong with all other drugs then?
    What's wrong with incest?
    If we keep on pushing....... sadly there will be no border of morality at all......

10. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

So? Is morality necessarily a good thing? All it does is limit mankind's potential.
    To answer your three questions: Nothing, nothing, and nothing whatsoever.

11. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

There is a super strength item on the 'market' called skunk, it is unlike the regular stuff and it causes psychosis and depression.

I knew loads of marjuana users and they were ALL addicts, you can't spend two hours hunting down the stuff at 3am in the morning and claiming you are not addicted! It slows the bodies responses destroys relationships as the ineraction diminsihes, its crap, in my first marriage my ex used it and it was very destructive, to him and to our relationship. Stay on natural highs and buy yourself a skate board!

12. duendy Registered Senior Member

but theyyyy wont.

this IS a act.

they wont. and whythe fuck should they take advice from a sukin hypocritical culture which on one hand gets all hysterical bout a natrualy growing PLANT, yet on othe is willing to FORCIBLY drug childre, many VEY young to fit into their indoctrinating factories/schools---ie., their 'ADHD@ etc scam. those drugs do do harm yet apparently that is turned a blind eye towards. parents are threatened of losing their kids--and sne do!--if thewy dont agee theyt are 'mentally ill' and need 'meds'. tis situation is SERIOUS shit

so . we haetes double standards.

now. we already have looked at the scam ofte mental health moement wit its labes of 'depression' and 'psychosis' right. so to USE their labels --as THEY are doing--to warn people off marijuana sseems a bit...contradictory

the whole REASOn skunk HAS become the eemingly main stain of marijuna is--listen up--is because of the persecution of people wanting the othe varirites. i have seen tis happen in my lifetime. when i first had my first toke in '71 you could geta MENU of diverse anges of cannabis. we is talkin Afghany, Nepalise, Lebones, Thai Grass, Califonnian, etc etc etc. seriously. actually you can in Holland in thie cafes. but as tings got heavy and black market dealers began mixing it with crap. people were driven to te 'quaranteed high of the more stronger bred varieites. supply and demand. so its the very same fukers moaning about the 'problem' that CAUSEDit. as fukin usual

but thre are oter covert tings going on too you may nowt know about. like the powers that be show tiois ever so concerned mask, but covertly WANT tyhis situation cause they use the drug monies for teir wars. this is all explained meticulously in Dan Russell's book 'Drug War'

yes. i know only too well how many, especialy youth smoke skunk likeits goin out of fashion. but that is because they lck education about sensible tokin. like they do about sensible boozin. but tis stuuupid so called 'war on drugs' excacerbates the problem. and thats its intention!

dontdont dont believe the HYPE

13. duendy Registered Senior Member

in our news today: 'Scientists say smoking cannabis DOESN'T lead to taking harder drugs: By Bob Roberts, Deputy Political Editor: CLAIMS tha cannabis use lads to harder drugs were yesterday dismissed as nonesense.
    A report to MPs said most scientists rejcted the idea that smoking dope ecouraged people to try out Class A drugs like heroin and cocaine.
    It said: "The gateway theory that the use of drugs like cannabis leads ont te use of harder drugs has little evidence to support it despite copious research."
    The report to the Commons Science Committee also questioned the whole system
    used to cloassify illegal drugs.
    It said ministers' decisions to put drgs into Class A, B or C categrories with different penalties were not based on scientific evidence.
    The report said: "Drugs are not classified on the basis of a set of standards for the harmthey cause. Th criteria used have varied depending on the drug in question."
    The report said magic mushrooms were classified as a Class A drug for "unclear" reasons and despite evidence it was "several thousand times less dangerous than heroin".
    Committee chairman Phil Willis said there were real questions about whether the classification system worked.
    He said: "We want to see whether the system as it stands has a sound basis of evidence.
    "We want to see whether it is evidence rather than political expediency that is driving decisions."
    The Home Office is also growing increasingly concerned the system does not work. In January Home Secretary Charles Clarke announced plans for a complete overhaul of the way drugs are categorized and prohibited.
    Class A drugs which carry a seven-year penalty for possession include heroin, LSD, ecstasy, cocaine, crack and mgic mushrooms.
    Class B drugs are amphetamines and barbituates carrying fie years for possession.
    Class C drugs include cannabis, steroids, and the tranquiliser ketamine whic carry two years for possession.
    The report comes after a UN drugs agency warned this week of te rise of dnce and sex drug methamphetamine, or crystal meth.
    It is said it is more addictive than crack cocaine and is becoming a global problem.
    The International Narcotics Control Board called on governments to introduce tougher restrictions on chemicals used in the maunufature of th drug, which allows users to stay awake for days and increases sexual arousal.
    London-based INCB president Professor Hamid Ghodse said: If I want to pick on one major drug problem pandeic today, it is methamphetamine." www.mirror.co.uk

14. leopold Valued Senior Member

nothing in your link supports your claim duendy

15. duendy Registered Senior Member

1. what claim?
    2. can you not read what is said?
    let me reeat: theyclaim cannabis use does NOT lead onto harder drugs

and i dont rely on officaldom to let me know neither. i speak from personal experience, and observed experience of friends over the years

admit you are wrong and have done with it

16. leopold Valued Senior Member

i have provided 5 or 6 links that say you are wrong
    you have yet to provide any that prove you are right

17. duendy Registered Senior Member

ohhhhh, and i just presented a new scientific research which says YOUR wrong, backed up by my personal experience

what arethe roots of tis axe u are grinding?....somethingpersonal for YOU??

18. leopold Valued Senior Member

duendy there is nothing in this link that supports what you claim

19. Kotoko Laptop Persocom Registered Senior Member

leo darling...

Arguing with duendy is akin to repeatedly bashing oneself in the face with Nerf bat. It doesn't hurt, but it doesn't really do anything either. It's kind of a exercise in futility, where you are the only one frustrated (not to mention the headache you get trying to read her posts in the first place). She doesn't realize she's insane and full of shit, and no one can tell her that she is. You can try to tell her, but then you are the problem. heh.

Marijuana is bad for your health, mmkay?

I don't care if you smoke it though, as long as you aren't harming anyone else. Parents who smoke while they should be supervising their young children are stupid and should have their children taken away. People who drink in excess while they should be supervising young children should likewise get dealt the same fate. Both people who smoke or drink and drive are also criminals. But as long as you do it in your own home, it's your body.

20. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

Sorry leo, but this is irrational thinking. I realize it's what's promoted by blah blah blah, but it's patently incorrect.

The fact is, everything a person does in this context is by their own volition. If they choose to try other drugs after having tried marijuana, that is because their personality type is such that they like to try that kind of shit.

The fact that they tried marijuana provides strong evidence, no?

21. leopold Valued Senior Member

take it easy on me kotoko, i'm a single man

22. leopold Valued Senior Member

couldn't have said it better

23. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

as such then, marijuana doesn't lead anywhere. it's the personality that does.