Marijuana has NO medical purposes and should be classified like heroin

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by cosmictraveler, Jul 11, 2011.

1. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

But very few and from what I'm reading in the writings above. It is diluted if it is used in the eyes so its really not like taking the coke and putting the powder straight into ones eyes. So cocaines use is very limited and really isn't necessary either since there are other substances that are being used in its place.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. WillNever Valued Senior Member

John99, amphetamine (adderall) is indeed used for ADHD and its chemical formula is almost identical to methamphetamine. Methamphetamine is amphetamine with a methyl group attached to the molecule. They have the same mechanism of action (increasing norepinephrine, epinephrine, dopamine). The main reason that methamphetamine is less favorable is that it has been shown to be neurotoxic while amphetamine is not. Besides that, they are very similar and both are habit-forming. They are both schedule II drugs, meaning they are legal but controlled.

It is wrong of you to say that drugs for ADHD are not related to meth. Amphetamine definitely is.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. parmalee peripatetic artisan Valued Senior Member

@ John:

I honestly cannot tell whether you are simply a complete fucking idiot, or just a moderately "clever" troll. And I don't care. Regardless, I'm not wasting any more of my time on you.

Just for shits-and-giggles though, why don't enlighten us as to what "actual medical benefits" are.

Note to Newbies: This is John's usual M.O. He's been banned on at least one occasion for, in short, being a complete fucking idiot. How he has not yet been perma-banned is utterly beyond me.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. John99 Banned Banned

Close don't count though and as a nurse you should know that because when a patient is stiff as a board you cant say well the medication was close.

Parmalee sadi: "If it works, it works. Methamphetamine is used successfully (sometimes) in the treatment of ADHD"

I never said one what was close though but we are not playing horse shoes here.

8. WillNever Valued Senior Member

Pretty much. I made a thread about this clown a long time ago. Few people seemed to care. Worst of all, some people (like Hercules Rockefeller and woowoo) even supported his kind of anti-intellectualism.

Many of us have been turned off to sciforums because of this, but nobody wants to rid the board of these "yard trash" members.

9. John99 Banned Banned

I have to tell you what an actual medical benefit is and i am "simply a complete fucking idiot"??? wow. Nor did i insult you.

10. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I'd think that some of the growers of the medical marijuana will be impacted and their pot farms could be shut down if they pass a law that prohibits any use of marijuana in any way, medical or otherwise. If they find that marijuana isn't needed because it doesn't do anything they will be making marijuana illegal and anyone growing it would be fined or put into jail.

But if it doesn't, it doesn't. Meth, as sold on the street that is illegal, isn't used to treat anything. There are certain medications that are being made that are helpful, like riddalin, that are used but they are legal.

What does that have to do with what this thread is about. This is about the government finding that pot doesn't really do anything to help people with whatever they have wrong with them and is going to be stopped being used and made illegal. The discussion is about that and now you bring this into the conversation, why? :shrug:

11. John99 Banned Banned

Well when your patient goes into cardiac arrest you tell their family that the medication was "close".

12. WillNever Valued Senior Member

Methamphetamine IS used for the treatment of ADHD.
    It is sold under the trade name of Desoxyn in tablet form. It is just very uncommonly prescribed.

Quotations by the FDA, who approved it:

"DESOXYN is a central nervous system stimulant prescription medicine. It is
    used for the treatment of Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder; (ADHD).
    DESOXYN may help increase attention and decrease impulsiveness and
    hyperactivity in patients with ADHD."

13. parmalee peripatetic artisan Valued Senior Member

Yeah, it's kind of frustrating. As I see it, everyone is completely full of shit sometimes, but most people contribute something of value--to varying degrees. I can honestly say that John contributes nothing but obfuscation and blatant falsehoods which he states as "fact."

14. John99 Banned Banned

Will, what else is in Desoxyn?

How much methamphetamine hydrochloride is in one pill?

Also consider the method of ingestion. Chewing coca leaves is not the same as someone smoking crack. In fact they are so different that we may as well call them different drugs but really the coca leaf and crack or even just pure coke are basically the same thing in terms of how we are using the terms here. All i am saying these "little" differences are really like night and day.

You can chew a handful of coca leaves and would not effect you like a tiny bit of crack the size of the end of your pinky.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2011
  15. John99 Banned Banned

Also Will, for that matter we can say "cold pill tablets are used to make methamphetamine" so taking a cold tablet is like doing street methamphetamine.

16. WillNever Valued Senior Member

No it isn't.

17. John99 Banned Banned

What isnt?

18. NietzscheHimself Banned Banned

Anyone ever sprinkle a little coke over their blunt?

19. John99 Banned Banned

20. John99 Banned Banned

I remeber a long time ago my friend told me a mutaul friend of ours he went out to eat with all of a sudden got up and ran down the street for no reason, i guess from paranoia 'cause i cant see why else someone would just get up and run down the street like a maniac. He went to the doctor and the doctor told him it was from mixing coke and weed.

21. NietzscheHimself Banned Banned

Yeah, but its the only time you can really call marijuana a gateway drug... Without the blunt it gets harder to smoke the cocaine.

22. John99 Banned Banned

Either way all i am saying is that mixing the two is not a good idea. I am fairly certain that even used separately like days apart, for example if you do coke and then a day or two later smoke weed it is different than just smoking weed alone same for how doing them together amplifies paranoia, high blood pressure etc. Thats what happened to my friend he used them separately and the doctor told him why he freaked out.

I know two people (friends of mine) who died from smoking cocaine, i'm not just telling stories here.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2011
  23. NietzscheHimself Banned Banned

I said sprinkle, not douse a whole G on there like a balla...

I see no reason to stymie the decriminalization of :m:. For Chryst sake a Science forum has a smiley for it!!!

Recreational use of drugs is a voluntary personal choice that will always take place within society. There is no stopping that.

Anyone ever smoked Hash oil? OMFG so High.