Marijuana Good, bad or undecided?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by soullust, Apr 27, 2010.

?

the title explains it all.

1. Good

26 vote(s)
    61.9%
  2. bad

13 vote(s)
    31.0%
  3. undecided

3 vote(s)
    7.1%
  1. quadraphonics Bloodthirsty Barbarian Valued Senior Member

Home brewing is legal in the US, but distillation is not. You can make beer and wine, but not hard liquor.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. soullust Registered Senior Member

OK, but give me your honest opinion would you accept it as a common item, with regulations and rules such as for say alcohol, and what ever your response is. Why?

I mean Extra revenue for cash strapped governments Is defiantly a huge advantage, when there is little, or no evidence to prove that weed is in any way more serious or more harmfully then any other legal products, acquired on the market, fairly easily?

Last edited: Apr 29, 2010
  4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. PieAreSquared Woo is resistant to reason Registered Senior Member

how long was it illegal to do so .. home brew is semi recent correct?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

I wouldn't care if it were legal, it seems to have no worse if not actually slightly better effects than alcohol. However on a personal health level I say its bad, I wouldn't use it even if it were legal. I try to stay away from harmful mind altering drugs if I can help it. No smoking and no drinking for me.

8. PieAreSquared Woo is resistant to reason Registered Senior Member

They got the required number to have it on the ballot in cali... next Nov.

9. phlogistician Banned Banned

Science, and my personal experience, differ with you, and statistically, stoners suffer memory loss. That's proven in the lab, and witnessed in real life. What you are not accounting for, is that you have no control; you cannot know how good the memory of guys you know would be without cannabis.

Addiction? On memory loss, look up the studies, it's all there.

10. francois Schwat? Registered Senior Member

I would accept it as a common item, of course. I just get tired of people acting like it's completely benevolent and harmless. The point is that people should be free to do whatever the hell they want with their own bodies, not that marijuana is harmless.

11. takethewarhome midnatt klarhet Registered Senior Member

...And you could live healthily for your entire life and still end up with Alzheimer's at sixty-five.

The point remains: We all have a numbered amount of days in this life; people should do what makes them happy.

12. soullust Registered Senior Member

well, if these 15 votes mean anything, it shows that the majority is in favor of :m:

13. soullust Registered Senior Member

You know, the funny thing, Even The USA was founded on the good that Marijuana has to offer, ask your for fathers.

"Make the most you can of the Indian Hemp seed and sow it everywhere."
    - George Washington, U.S. President quote on Hemp

"Hemp is of first necessity to the wealth & protection of the country."
    - Thomas Jefferson, U.S. President quote on Hemp

And I really respect your current President for having the balls, to say this publicly, maybe he will finally get it more legal, so we can get legalization over up here in canada without the US Government coming down on us.

"When I was a kid I inhaled frequently. That was the point."
    - Barack Obama quote on Marijuana

Hard to find an honest politition.

http://eazysmoke.com/marijuana-quotes.htm

14. Echo3Romeo One man wolfpack Registered Senior Member

Hemp meaning industrial hemp. The founding fathers weren't talking about toking the ganj. Industrial hemp was an important resource for the fledgling economy, and indeed, continued to be used through the end of WWII. Today, nine US states issue industrial hemp licenses, having been given permission by the DEA to do so. Industrial hemp is cultivated only using strains of cannabis that are very low in psychoactive cannabinoid content compared to the strains cultivated for their pharmacological properties. They're two totally different things.

The recreational use of cannabis as a drug wasn't even a matter of public concern in the US until the 1920s, when the racial tensions of the time led to cannabis being outlawed with the stated purpose of protecting whites from blacks and Mexicans. "Marijuana" is a pejorative term that originated from that propaganda campaign used against Mexicans living in southern Texas. Since then, it gradually became part of our vernacular. Literally every other argument that's been used since then (gateway drug theory, health risks, TODAY'S WEED IS 10x STRONGER OMG, etc.) has been offhanded self-justification of laws that most people now realize are neither effective, nor consistent, nor fair.

Today's obstacles to the policy reform are:
    1. Criminal organizations who want to keep cannabis illegal because they make a killing selling a fucking plant worth more than its weight in gold
    2. Law enforcement organizations who want to keep cannabis illegal because their deparments make a killing from fines and asset seizures
    3. Pharmaceutical companies who want to keep cannabis illegal because its therapeutic and medicinal value poses a threat to their market share
    4. Beer and liquor companies who enjoy being arguably the best legal high available
    5. Political leaders who receive campaign contributions from 3 & 4
    6. Uptight social conservatives who can't let their nuts hang
    They're going to believe what they want to believe, because all of them have a vested interest in keeping cannabis illegal.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2010
  15. soullust Registered Senior Member

There the same plant just different strains, hemp which is commercial does not bud like The smokable type, Plus the smokable types have fir or small hairs under its leaves. You learn that when you grew a bit for personal smoke off and on over the years.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hemp

I agree and then the kids growing up then like good old president Nixon

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

took it to heart and criminalized it with Propaganda in the late sixities early seventies.

+1

I could not have said that any better.

16. Echo3Romeo One man wolfpack Registered Senior Member

Okay, I apparently didn't need to tell you that.

But by then the drug laws weren't just used as a pretext to persecute ethnic minorities; their scope was expanded to include all the unwashed, patchouli-reeking hippies who were undermining the war effort in Vietnam.

The result? Drugwar.gif:

If this isn't enough to show that drug abuse is better treated as a public health issue, as opposed to a crime control issue, I don't know what is.

17. soullust Registered Senior Member

Yeah I know thats awsome, I really hope it passes, then the US federal government will have the seventh largest economy in the world pushing for legalization,

And the majority of Canadians wanting it legal, The Only reason it is not 100 percent legal (Same level as alcohol), in canada today is because your Government (USA) put pressure on us, to not persue it....

18. soullust Registered Senior Member

I know like look at that, Imagine how much life would be today, with all of that saved, Plus huge profits, with reduced Crime, due to the fact, People jonesing on some gonji, really wouldn't care to do anything more then relax, listen to music, watch a movie, Spam forums

:m:

19. BigFairy Hi Im Big Fairy! Registered Senior Member

20. soullust Registered Senior Member

woot good stuff, another Person who sees the logic and in some way moral right, to have legalized pot.:m:

21. Search & Destroy Take one bite at a time Moderator

+1 :m:

Sandy, your posts are like nails on the chalkboard

22. soullust Registered Senior Member

I will fight illegal weed till the day i die, i believe in restrictions like the ones involved with alcohol but come on is this really necessary, and how much will this cost, over a harmless plant in Florida

Cannabis/Marijuana less than 20grams Court Costs (maybe) 365 days jail Requires 2-year DL suspension
    Cannabis/Marijuana more than 20 grams Court Costs (won't happen) 5 years in prison Requires 2-year DL suspension
    Cannabis/Marijuana 25 - 2000lbs 3 years + $25,000 fine 30 years - you don't care about driving
    Cannabis/Marijuana 2K - 10K lbs 7 years + $50,000 fine 30 years - you don't care about driving
    Cannabis/Marijuana 10K lbs up 15 years + $200,000 fine 30 years - you don't care about driving

http://www.ejdirga.com/criminal_offenses/drugs/controlled_substance_penalties.htm

23. PieAreSquared Woo is resistant to reason Registered Senior Member

New Mexico

Sale or Cultivation
    100 lbs or less (first offense) felony 18 months $5,000

Kan--ass

Sale (or possession with intent to sale)
    Any amount felony 14 - 51 months $300,000