marijuana chemicals

Discussion in 'Chemistry' started by VRAZE, Jun 7, 2013.

1. VRAZE Registered Member

What is the good and the bad chemicals in it?
    What do the chemicals cause in the end (bad and Good set aside):m:

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. andy1033 Truth Seeker Valued Senior Member

Never smoked and never will. Personally i think the gov want you lot smoking this and drinking alcohol.

You can get where you want to go without drugs or drink, but the ptb pretend you need drugs to get there, which you do not.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. VRAZE Registered Member

OK I wasn't talking about smokeing it just want to know the chemical fartors. Respect your choice totaly

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. arauca Banned Banned

Tetrahydrocannabinol
    The molecular formula for tetrahydrocannabinol is C21H30O2.

8. brucep Valued Senior Member

They're many known benefits from ingesting medical marijuana. Read the literature. Personally I use it to help lower my systolic blood pressure and for pain associated with foot nerve damage as a result of my diabetes [under great control now]. The blood pressure control is essential to prevent microscopic damage to the liver and kidneys. I'm 67 and have been retired since 2006. I was my worst enemy on the diabetes because I just quit having my yearly emergency response team detailed physical when I retired and six years later my fasting blood sugar was > 400. Anybody who has smoked good pot when they have the flu knew it had medical value. I knew that when I was 20 years old. This is a medicine you don't need to take with a teaspoon of sugar. You generally get two differing opinions on the subject. Ones informed and the other isn't. Mayor Bloomfield's comment, on medical marijuana as a joke, reveals an intellectually dishonest politician with an axe to grind. The following is some information about the content of medical marijuana and it's possible effects. You should be able to access the literature.

"Why Tested Cannabis is Important!
    There are over 70 known cannabinoids! These 8 are known to effect you the most!"
    https://legalmarijuanadispensary.com/medical-marijuana-testing

When you look at this list you'll notice the 'meds' which are high in CBD are the most effective medically. This is generally the Indica strains. The Sativa's are generally high in psychoactive effect and lower in the body stone medication associated with Indicas. It's a great retirement hobby. I wouldn't be able to use this medication if I was still working based on the stigma associated with it's use. Not because I can't function but because I wouldn't want to lose my job. The difference being that I would have to continue to medicate to control the blood pressure. Medicate every hour or less depending on the potency of the strain.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2013
  9. brucep Valued Senior Member

No truth seeking on this subject? You're clueless.

10. arauca Banned Banned

If it is medicinal why not make a pill or a syrup ? Sense is a chemical it will be absorbed by the system why smoke It . I don't like to smoke . According to the list is a miracle drug.

11. IncogNegro Banned Banned

They make cookies and brownies which taste better and have longer lasting effects than smoking it, vaporizing it, turning it into hash oil then vaporizing it.... CBD Is most likely the hypnotic chemical associated except unlike Ambien causes you to recreate your subconscious desires in the form of daydreams as opposed to night dreams... or wet dreams...

The chemicals in marijuana have to reach a certain temperature before they are considered active, which makes baking treats that hold in the vapors far more efficient than creating a pill. It would be like an Afghani who's neighbor grows poppies going to the hospital for their painkiller fix...

12. Aqueous Id flat Earth skeptic Valued Senior Member

This would correlate with the lethargy and sense of well-being associated with being stoned, although it's not 100% since we know that patients can feel fine and still be on the verge having a stroke. One of the curious chemical effects is dilation of the pupils. This would appear to be a very deep brain function, apparently relegated more to nerve activity than, say, hormones. So the THC is quite selective in its chemical interaction, apparently. And of course we know that high BP can be mediated with calcium channel blockers so there is obviously a specific way that nerves induce high blood pressure, and of course, like the adjustment of the pupils, it's an autonomic brain activity.

Have you had a chance to read your BP before and after a toke, to see to effective it is? If so, what sort of numbers are you seeing? (no pun intended)

13. wellwisher Banned Banned

An interesting observation about marijuana was back in the 1960's and early 1970's (hippy years and the love generation) most of the marijuana in the USA came from Mexico and then Columbia. These countries are equatorial and therefore grow the sativa version of marijuana. This version has different medical effects from the indica version, which grows in temperate climates.

The sativa is more energetic and trippy and can cause paranoia if one is not used to strongly psychoactive marijuana. This version is better for lethargy and creativity because it gives you energy. Whereas the indica version tends to be more sedative and is better against pain.

The hippies used the more energetic sativa version by the default of circumstances. As government got better at intercepting marijuana at the Mexican border, people and dealers started to grow their own, with the indica easier to grow since it grows faster and smaller (economics) and would mature even in northern climates. The sativa became a smaller and smaller percentage.

I often wondered what would have happened if the hippies had been using the more sedative indica, instead of the more energetic sativa. Would the political movement have been more lazy/comfortable and not as active and energetic?

14. VRAZE Registered Member

I have noticed that it reacts different from person to person even if they have both been smoking it round the same time; same strain one would become more of a thinker and the other would like be more musical or so on

15. Stoniphi obscurely fossiliferous Valued Senior Member

A couple of points here:

It is unwise to ingest smoke from any burning vegetable matter, cannabis inclusive. Oral ingestion or use of a vaporizer are preferable as one obtains the medicinal effects without ingesting the toxins generated by burning it.

Also, many medicinal cannabis users consume sufficient to deal with their issue but not enough to get the psychoactive effects. That means they consume enough to stop them from puking from that migraine headache but not enough to get "stoned".

As to the relative plethora of chemicals present in cannabis I would suggest perusing a copy of the US National Academy of Sciences School of Medicine report to the Federal Government on Marijuana and Medicine as it goes into great detail on those.

I take 300 mg of Irbisartin every day for my borderline hypertension as that does a better job at regulating my blood pressure than cannabis would/did.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

A majpr factor in the current preference for indicas over sativas is the ease with which indicas can be grown indoors in small spaces. That is generally much more difficult to do with sativas as those tend to get very large - like as much as 15 feet tall, where as many indicas thrive at under 3 feet in height. That makes them much more amenable to indoor & cabinet growing, an important factor in places that still practice Prohibition, like the USA.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!