Man on the Street dialogs about The Infinite Spongy Universe Model

Discussion in 'Alternative Theories' started by quantum_wave, Dec 30, 2015.

1. quantum_wave Contemplating the "as yet" unknown Valued Senior Member

MOS: You seem to have so much enthusiasm about cosmology, and the mechanics of it all. Do you like talking to yourself at SciForums, or would you like members to participate?

QW: Members rarely participate with me anymore, but they used to. Ben-the-man, AlphaNumeric, Prometheus, Oli, DH, and many others have helped me work on my content, sometimes inadvertently, lol.

It used to be I had a lot wrong, and my ideas were regularly improved when members would point out the errors. I've always given credit to the members who helped me and corrected me. Over six or eight years of continually listening to comments and objections, I have incorporated them into the model by making the changes that I have found valid, along with other finds I made while researching those arguments.

Now I say what I have decided is the best view of cosmology for me, based on my methodology, and it is entirely different from the kinds of content that other members want to discuss here at SciForums these days. Occasionally I get a disparaging comment without any reference to any particular content, but I have been advised not to respond to those kinds of posts. Also, occasionally, I get support from members.

People are hard pressed now to find major errors, considering my stated intention to have an internally consistent model that is not inconsistent with known scientific observations about which we have a good grasp of the mechanics. Things in my model work together, and I describe the mechanics of the processes behind them working together. It is easy to see where my model differs from the generally accepted model, but harder to show where it is internally inconsistent, or inconsistent with well understood solid physics.

Maybe by saying that, I will get some juices flowing on the part of a few members, and that might generate some corrections to the content that would help me evolve my model.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. quantum_wave Contemplating the "as yet" unknown Valued Senior Member

MOS: So moving on, you are hypothesizing that at the quantum level there is converging wave action, just like at the Big Bang arena level?

QW: Yes. Particles in my model are standing waves, but not simple standing waves; they are complex standing wave patterns. They do have both inflowing and out flowing components, as do all standing waves, but the particles are complex patterns of multiple inflowing and out flowing wave action within the "particle space".

The inflow is the directional wave energy coming from the spherical out flowing wave energy of surrounding sources, like other particles and objects. Therefore, there are an extremely large number of incoming waves from all directions, and each inflowing wave converges multiple times with other inflowing waves within the particle space. The out flow from each tiny convergence within the particle's standing wave pattern is a spherical wave, and those new spherical waves generated within the particle, then converge with the inflowing waves and with each other to create very high wave energy density in the particle space, relative to the wave energy density outside of the particle's active complex standing wave pattern.

MOS: Oh my gosh, how is anyone going to be able to follow all of that.

QW: I'm building if from the bottom up, so either you have to go with me step by step, and ask for clarification as we go, or build your own explanations for the "as yet unknowns", lol. No one has this all laid out in terms of questions and evidence of correct answers. All I am going for is a model filled with what I have come to understand, about what we know about cosmology. I include my speculations, hypotheses, and contemplations about the "as yet unknowns", while maintaining internal consistency, and avoiding inconsistency with what we understand so far about the mechanics of the known universe.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. quantum_wave Contemplating the "as yet" unknown Valued Senior Member

MOS: Ok, fair enough. You were describing particles at the quantum level as complex standing wave patterns. What type of waves are these, meaning where do they come from and how do they get there?

QW: Yes, and those particles have a heritage that goes back to two sources, 1) the decay products of the expanding hot dense ball of energy that emerges from the big bang(s), and 2) the matter and energy existing in the space into which the ball is expanding. The composition of that outside space is made up of the galaxies and galactic remnants in the parent arenas that didn't get captured in the crunch. I would characterize it as old cold galactic matter in a sea of wave energy, consisting of gravitational waves, microwave energy, and other levels of electromagnetic radiation, cosmic rays, etc.

That "sea" of wave energy is the cosmic background energy, but in my model it is not just cosmic microwave background radiation. The factor that sets it apart is that it includes gravitational wave energy as well, that is wave energy absorbed and reemitted by all particles and objects in the universe, all the time; not just as a result of cataclysmic interactions as is predicted by the standard view of cosmology.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. quantum_wave Contemplating the "as yet" unknown Valued Senior Member

MOS: So there are particles in the arena that come from the low entropy (young) ball of energy, and also particles that come from the high entropy (old) parent arenas, and they are all merging into the new arena, which means the cosmic background in the new arena a composite of the background of the parent arenas, and there is an increased temperature gradient in the new arena due to the hot Big Bang.

QW: Yes. The cosmic background has an infinite heritage, carries imprints of a history of Big Bang arena action in its temperature gradient. There are gravitational waves that potentially have an infinite reach, and electromagnetic radiation from microwaves to X-rays and right on up to the nature's highest frequency waves that enter the new arena as it expands into the space of the old arenas. Wave energy is all coming and going in all directions, and is present in all space, i.e., wave energy fills the space occupied by the landscape of the greater universe.

I refer to all space as the "medium of space", which carries energy waves of all of those types. The operative characteristic of the medium of space, aside from it carrying energy in the form of waves traversing it as well as standing wave patterns that establish the presence of wave-particles, is its compressibility. Multiple wave fronts can pass through any given point in space at the same time, right up to the point where nature's maximum wave energy density is reached.

MOS: That is in line with the alternative nature of your model. Let's talk about the temperature gradient of the CMB. We know that the cosmic microwave background energy represents ~2.7 K. Is that how you see it.

QW: Each new hot dense arena causes fluctuations in the background microwave temperature of the maturing new arena relative to the temperatures of parent arenas, because crunch/bangs generate billions of degrees locally, and cool quickly as they expand into that approximately 2.7 K background of the parent arenas.

Notably, each parent arena also would have had slightly different background temperatures because of the likelihood that the parent arenas are of different ages and therefore different expanded volumes, which would dictate different temperatures. However, a mature arena should be in that 2.7 K vicinity, slightly higher or lower depending on the volume/age of the arena. That slight temperature difference between mature parent arenas is how I explain the observed dipole anisotropy in the background temperature in our arena, measured by the WMAP and Planck surveys.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

MOS: Interesting point, though no one I ever heard talks about multiple big bangs, so no one seems to even speculate that is the cause of hemispherical asymmetry. http://sci.esa.int/planck/51559-hem...cold-spot-in-the-cosmic-microwave-background/.

QW: True, it is not a hot subject, lol. I've never found anyone who would agree completely, but one or two members on other forums have sounded interested in that concept once multiple Big Bang arenas are introduced, and given that the alternative explanation (or should I say the current explanation) is that our local group of galaxies is speeding through our arena at something like a 627 km/s, according to Ethan Siegel at https://medium.com/starts-with-a-bang/how-fast-are-we-moving-through-space-985bf470378d.

8. quantum_wave Contemplating the "as yet" unknown Valued Senior Member

QW: Let me go on. The energy ball incorporates everything in its path of expansion into its own growing arena. I have speculated, or at least contemplated, that the source of dark matter is that old cold galactic material surviving from the parent arenas over time, incorporated into the new arena from outside, as the arena expands. The "dark matter particles and objects" were not negated into their constituent wave energy as are the particles in the crunch. They would be high entropy mater from old galactic systems in the parent arenas where entropy had advanced for billions of years, and in which the useful energy would be significantly diminished.

MOS: OK, can we focus on the particles from the hot dense energy ball first, before, as I suspect, we go on to the dark energy problem as well, ha.

QW: Good idea, lol. We were talking about wave convergences within the particle space that have the stability of a structure of complex standing wave patterns. I'm suggesting that these standing wave patterns are established as a product of the expansion and decay of that hot dense ball of energy; think of the hot dense-state ball of energy as nature's maximum standing wave pattern. The inflow of that pattern is the two (or more) parent arenas, and the out flow is the spherically expanding Big Bang arena. A decay process then precedes the synthesis of the stable particles that get established in our arena's current environment.

Before that synthesis process, there is a decay process which dates back to the moment that the hot dense energy ball was released by the Big Bang (the energy ball represents the compressed constituent wave energy of all of the particles in the crunch that are negated before it bangs). The ball is characterized as "dense state" wave energy, meaning, within it, all of the waves in the dense state ball are still in action, intersecting and overlapping and producing new waves at the quantum level in nature's most compressed state of wave energy.

The energy ball expands and cools, and the decay is in phases. First, large dense exotic particles begin separating out from the ball of energy. The space between them is provided from the space incorporated into the arena from outside where the remainder of the parent arenas are still expanding. The large dense particles are the first decay products and they contain vast amounts of dense wave energy and are extremely unstable, as the density of the arena continues to decline. That makes for many short phases as smaller and less dense exotic particles decay out of their predecessors.

9. brucep Valued Senior Member

No it doesn't unless you're stoned on alcohol or downers. If you're talking about cannabis then you don't know what your talking about. Intellectual dishonesty and scientific illiteracy is the source of the word salad nonsense folks write down in this forum.

10. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

Yes, it was a cannabis and I was sipping wine.

I started to giggle after reading the post.

11. quantum_wave Contemplating the "as yet" unknown Valued Senior Member

MOS: I see there is a Peanut Gallery here like in most forums, lol. I'm sort of impressed by the connections you are making to the results at CERN/LHC. You don't actually reference Higgs, but you do mention early exotic particles in an extremely high energy density environment; exotic particles that decay until the stable particles that we see around us are synthesized, I take it. I'm thinking that anyone who understands what they are doing in those high energy colliders, why they are doing it, and what Supersymmetry is about, might think your model is consistent with SUSY?

QW: No, I'm not a Supersymmetry fan for a couple of reasons. One, I'm a layman science enthusiast, and SUSY is quite complicated to me. They craft a theory that tracks back to spontaneous symmetry breaking, which I suppose coincided with the Big Bang. There is no discussion of "always existed", or preconditions to the Big Bang, and certainly not a multiple Big Bang landscape, and no talk of entropy defeating Arena Action that I have predicted, using that word in a layman context. Two, they predict that for each initial particle there is an antiparticle, and though we can create antimatter in the labs like at CERN, we don't find it in nature in any form that suggests it has been hanging around since the symmetry breaking event. Is it just gone, or was there never a universal symmetry breaking event? I don't know.

12. brucep Valued Senior Member

Really? You're taking a supplement to clear your mind of an overdose of cannabis? Try finding a dose that makes sense. Cut the consumption by 2/3 and double the time between dosing. That's a start. Dosing with cannabis is as important as dosing with any other medicinal drug. You should also be careful when doing strains that you're not familiar with. Overdosing causes issues with anxiety for me. That's probably because my grows are heavy sativa and rich in the psychoactive component. If you use concentrates you have to be careful. When I make canna butter I only use the fan leaf that has far less trichomes than the leaf near the flowers. No flower. Some pharmacies are not very clear on what they put in the concentrate. You can add a small percentage of trim to raise the concentration but you need to know what you're doing and reduce the value of the dose accordingly. My dose for the fan leaf is one ounce of leaf to a pound of butter. Make sure you know how to do the decarboxylation. A safe decarboxylation temperature is around 200 degrees f. To high will vaporize THC and burn the butter. I'll devide that into ~ 20 squares that I'll split into 2 doses per square. If I had a pharmacy I'd sell the twenty squares for about 15 to 20 bucks US.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2016
  13. quantum_wave Contemplating the "as yet" unknown Valued Senior Member

MOS: So going back, we can chuckle about your solution to dark matter, but why not tell me what dark energy is too, to get it on record, since we have been talking about ongoing expansion of the arena, and dark energy is supposed to be the driver of that.

QW: (QW smiles) Ok sure. Dark energy is the effect of energy density equalization between the dense state wave energy ball emerging from the collapse/bang, and the surrounding low energy density space occupied by the parent arenas.

Energy density equalization is one of the two major forces of my model (the other being gravity). It is very powerful and its potential is in direct proportion to the difference in the energy density between two converging wave energy density environments. One of the environments in the convergence is the Big Bang energy ball, the most dense natural environment in nature. The other environment is the high entropy parent arenas, which are near the very low end of the density scale. The force of energy density equalization between those two environments would be quite remarkable. The rapid expansion of the arena driven by that maximum force of equalization would definitely compare to the superluminal expansion that some attribute to Inflation Theory.

MOS: Thanks, I knew you'd have something for me on that, too. I guess you describe Inflationary Theory in terms of energy density equalization?

QW: Yes, it is energy density equalization at the max, instead of the generally accepted Inflation Theory which seems to call for the creation of new space out of nowhere. All space has always existed in my model, so Dark Energy is the process that drives the expansion of our arena out into the preexisting space occupied by our parent arenas.

Current theory describes it as "new" space being created out of the vacuum, and the cosmological constant is referred to as the value of the vacuum energy of space. If you can visualize the concept form the perspective of the infinities of my model, and the multiple Big Bang arena landscape peculiar to it, an explanation like mine for dark energy might seem reasonable to you.

MOS: I'm sure it does. So tell me about accelerating expansion that is now generally accepted based on observations and data.

QW: The acceleration of expansion is also fueled by dark energy but there is an as yet unmentioned contributing factor to account for the acceleration. It has to do with the fact that we are continually expanding deeper into the space occupied by the parent arenas. Since this model is unknown to all, note that it hypothesizes that the density in the space our arena is encroaching on has been declining since the Big Bang event. The continued decline occurs because the parent arenas have continued to expand, except for in the lens shaped interruption where they went into overlap. That continued expansion causes lower and lower densities of our parent arenas during the period of time that our arena emerged and began expanding into their space. That could account for why our expansion appears to be accelerating into that space.

MOS: I see how you could come to that thinking after you have thought about it some.

14. quantum_wave Contemplating the "as yet" unknown Valued Senior Member

MOS: So before I diverted you to discuss accelerating expansion, you were talking about Inflation. You call it energy density equalization at the max, i.e., expansion of the compressed wave energy that was negated into the dense state.

QW: Yes, right. There are two important aspects of the period of rapid expansion (Inflation) that fit here in the discussion:

First, my explanation is that particles re-form during the cooling and expansion of the hot dense energy ball as the ball is "inflated" with surrounding space from the parent arenas. The sponginess of the medium that allowed for all of the wave energy of the particles in the crunch to be collapsed (negated) into, and contained in, the hot dense ball, also accommodates a great deal of cooling and expansion before it begins to decay and separate into exotic particles.

When the separation begins it occurs as a process of decay. As the exotic massive particles are established, they have "expansion momentum" imparted to them because they form in that expanding environment. Thus all particles are moving away from each other when they initially form in the new arena.

The logic is that as cooling continues, through phases of exotic particle formation and decay, familiar particles begin to be established. Certain successful configurations of wave patterns are able to gain stability, and can interact with each other as they reach the final stages of decay. As soon as the "fundamental" particles have formed, they have their particular type of stable complex standing wave patterns established. As the environment becomes filled with mostly stable particles as we know them, the first atomic particles combine to form hydrogen atoms. That point in the life of the new arena, referred to as recombination in Inflation Theory, is said to occur around 300,000 or 400,000 years after the Big Bang.

The second aspect of the period of rapid expansion is about gravity, the other major force in my model. The quantum action process governs the mechanics going on during expansion and particle formation, and gravity enters the picture as the stable particles are spread throughout the entire arena. The rate of expansion at the outset was extreme, and separation momentum overwhelmed the local effect of gravity, but at the point of hydrogen formation, aka. the recombination stage, as atoms form, and begin to emit electromagnetic radiation, gravity in close quarters begins to cause clumping of the new hydrogen atoms.

15. quantum_wave Contemplating the "as yet" unknown Valued Senior Member

MOS: Wait. The consensus is that General Relativity goes into effect just picoseconds after the Big Bang event, and determines the "shape" of space and spacetime, and the motion of particles and objects which follow the curvature of spacetime. Matter tells spacetime how to curve, and curved spacetime tells matter how to move, via geodesics, right?

QW: Not exactly, not in the ISU. I mentioned what had appeared in the Scientific American's publication, "Physics at the Limits", about what Einstein describes as five parameters associated with general relativity. As I take it, they fill in the variables in the EFEs, Einsteins Field Equations, to determine the local geodesics for any combination of those parameters. The same article mentions that one of the current issues in cosmology is that we don't fully understand the five parameters yet.

Also, earlier I mentioned my model brings with it, "consequences of preconditions". One of them is that the BBT scenario makes General Relativity difficult to explain, given any scenario that involves preconditions to the Big Bang. The space in the arena must follow a rather different "shape" from the types of curvatures in GR, open, closed, or flat, if there is any hint that space was preexisting, meaning that it cannot be created during inflation and expansion. If it cannot be created, it must come into the arena from outside as the hot dense energy ball expands out into surrounding preexisting space. Nor do I see any discussion about what preconditions might do to the mathematics; Einstein's field equations might not be applicable, given most any set of preconditions that include preexisting space, time, and energy.

16. quantum_wave Contemplating the "as yet" unknown Valued Senior Member

MOS: So your model takes a whole different approach to gravity and motion, and you maintain that they are governed by a process at the quantum level, Quantum Action, that is the counterpart to the process of Arena Action at the macro level?

QW: Yes. My model doesn't invoke General Relativity, but instead invokes the hypothesis of Wave Energy Density in the Medium of Space. Einstein's five parameters would be accounted for by the surrounding energy densities, and the curved paths that objects follow in my model would be nearly the same as with the geodesics, except at the highest densities/velocities. But my view is that GR is long on math and short on mechanics. The wave energy density of space approach uses mechanics called Quantum Wave Cosmology (QWC), to describe the presence of particles and motion. It might not come as a shock for me to say that complex standing wave patterns are moving "disturbances" in the medium of space, and they move relative to the inflowing wave energy density surrounding them. For some perspective on that, though it is not a good analogy at all, I look at pages like this:
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eddy_covariance

MOS: So instead of geodesics, you employ wave energy density, and quantum level wave mechanics.

QW: Yes. The particles move in the direction of the net highest inflowing wave energy density, which is composed of the out flowing gravitational wave energy emitted by surrounding particles and objects. The detailed mechanics really require a fair amount of determination for anyone else to visualize, though I do try to explain them in my threads.

17. quantum_wave Contemplating the "as yet" unknown Valued Senior Member

MOS: I see. Well let me ask some questions then. You have this complex standing wave pattern that moves, and somehow it just decides to move in the direction of the highest source of inflowing wave energy. Don't you find that a little too convenient?

QW: No, it's not said just for convenience. But first there is some ground to cover to set up the mechanics, because it is in the mechanics. This is where I refer back to that earlier discussion about inflowing wave convergences creating new spherical out flowing waves. Christiaan Huygens' work on wave theory is part of my inspiration there, so I recommend that you try to grasp his concept of the advance of a light wave front, and try to relate it to my mechanics (He died in 1695, so don't expect a spacetime explanation).

Remember that the simple standing wave example I used was the convergence of two parent arenas, and the product of that convergence was a high density Big Crunch that formed at the center of gravity of the overlap space? The operative action is that the crunch reaches a limit of energy density and collapses/bangs into rapid expansion.

MOS: Yes, of course. You equated that macro arena action to the micro level quantum action. Is that where you are going with this? There is a counterpart at the quantum level for the collapse/bang at the macro level?

QW: Yes, I said, "Arena action at the macro level is quite similar to quantum action at the micro level. Note that the convergence of two (or more) parent Big Bang arenas can be visualized as a simple single standing wave convergence that has two components, inflowing wave energy from each parent arena, and spherically out flowing wave energy in the form of the hot dense energy ball that emerges and rapidly expands spherically from the collapse/bang of the Big Crunch".

MOS: Yes, you did say that.

QW: Well, there is inflowing and out flowing wave action at every point in the medium of space, including at the quantum level. Every wave intersection produces its spherically out flowing counterpart at the quantum level, just like at the macro level.

18. quantum_wave Contemplating the "as yet" unknown Valued Senior Member

MOS: Wait a minute. You said that the Big Crunch had to reach "critical capacity" before the collapse/bang produced the hot dense-state ball of energy which is the spherical out flow from the crunch. What is the explanation for a wave convergence at the quantum level emitting its spherical wave? You're not saying that the same "critical capacity" type density occurs as a result of gravitational compression when quantum level waves converge, are you?

QW: No, it is similar though, when you consider that there is an equivalence between mass and energy. What I have been referring to as the hot dense-state energy ball from a Big Bang is an example of that equivalence.

The galactic material is mass that got captured in the Big Crunch by the force of gravity, and yet when it was negated into the constituent wave energy of the particles in the crunch, they gave up a huge amount of space, and some energy, as the crunch collapsed into dense-state wave energy; a matter to energy conversion. The compressed hot dense energy ball is an equivalent amount of energy to the mass of the crunch, less some binding energy. The result would be the dense-state energy ball that "bursts" into rapid expansion.

To me, that hot dense-state energy ball can be looked at as the equivalent amount of energy to the matter in the crunch based on mass/energy equivalence. That would make the Big Bang event and its progression into its subsequent galaxy filled arena, a matter-to-energy-to-matter event, from crunch, to collapse/bang, to recombination, to galactic structure formation in a mature arena. In my model, mass and energy can be and are exchanged as a result of the action processes. That means that there is mass/energy equivalence in the convergences at both the macro and micro levels.

Taking that concept to the quantum level, I see it as an energy-to-matter-to-energy event when two waves converge. So the difference between the process of Arena Acton and Quantum Action is that at the macro level it is a matter to energy to matter event, and at the micro level it is an energy to matter to energy event. I'm sure that deserves more explanation as we get into the quantum wave mechanics.

So the answer to your question is that though gravitational compression is critical at the macro level in order for the crunch to have enough contained energy to defeat the compression and "bang", there is also compression at the quantum level when two parent waves overlap. They exert compression energy, which on a tiny scale converts energy to mass in the overlap space, and when that compression reaches the required limit, the higher energy density of the overlap space defeats the parental wave compression, and a spherical energy wave emerges.

That higher energy density in the overlap at the quantum level is referred to as a high energy density spot, and that is the quantum level counterpart to the Big Crunch.

19. quantum_wave Contemplating the "as yet" unknown Valued Senior Member

MOS: Are you talking about energy levels in the Planck regime, and Planck's constant relative to the "fabric" of spacetime, i.e., the "quantum foam" referred to in Quantum Mechanics?

QW: Sort of. You must try to equate the Quantum Mechanics concept of "quantum foam" (aka. spacetime foam) to the concept of a non-spacetime "foundational wave action in the medium of space", at the quantum level. The foundational medium of space that I will describe is consistent with, and essential to, the process of quantum action of my model, just like quantum foam is at the foundation in QM.

MOS: If you say so. Then spacetime foam isn't exactly right for you, but a foundational medium of space is?

QW: True. Another one of the "repercussions consequences of preconditions" is that once you deviate from the generally accepted Big Bang Theory, and the as yet unreconciled other major current theory, Quantum Mechanics, the differences build on each other, and pretty soon you are talking a whole different language; as Steve Martin said when introduced to Paris, "This French these people speak, it's like a whole different language".

20. quantum_wave Contemplating the "as yet" unknown Valued Senior Member

MOS: Is I recall, Steve Martin said something on the order of, "Damn those French! They have a different word for everything". Ha.

Ok, you were addressing the differences between your model, the ISU, and the consensus models of GR and QM.

QW: I stand corrected.

Yes, and at the same time, describing the foundational medium of space. The product of intersecting micro realm waves are momentary high density spots of energy where the energy density of parent waves converge, jacking up the energy in the overlap space to equate to the sum of the energy in the converging parental wave fronts. Each intersecting set of foundational level waves produces a new momentary high energy density spot in the foundational medium.

In regard to describing the foundational medium, we will first consider the medium without particles and objects at this point, and the wave action to be referred to as sub-quantum, as a thought experiment. Quantum waves are associated with the presence of particles and objects, so the waves that are intersecting in the absence of particles are of the sub-quanta variety.

The foundational medium alone, without matter as such, can be visualized as consisting of momentary high density spots forming and then expanding spherically, and immediately intersecting and overlapping with other expanding waves to form new spots. The entire space of the universe has this "foundation", endlessly popping between being wave energy, and being high energy density spots with mass. We refer to the high energy density spot as being mass that has "presence", akin to a momentary relative "location" that stands out from the expanding wave energy surrounding it.

To be continued ...

21. quantum_wave Contemplating the "as yet" unknown Valued Senior Member

... Continued

MOS: Ok, the foundational medium can be thought of as separate from particles and objects; a sub-quantum realm filling the space between particles so to speak, vs. the quantum ream of particles composed of wave energy in quantum increments, and of objects composed of particles, that physically occupy the foundational medium.

QW: Yes. To visualize it, think of a stop-action frame containing a patch of the foundational medium, but no particles or objects. Assume that you could detect the high density spots frozen in place for that instant. They would look like the tiniest of pre-particles or sub quanta of energy, frozen everywhere among the sea of wave energy across the foundational landscape. Homogeneous and isotropic, just like the description of the arena landscape of the greater universe, except where the view is of the tiniest high density spots and their tiny sub-quantum expanding waves, instead of big crunches and their associated arena waves.

The foundational landscape is where the presence of particles are sustained by the continual foundational wave action that serves to advance the out flowing gravitational wave energy emitted by particles and objects.

Note, none of these tiny little waves go very far because their expansion is almost immediately interrupted in all directions by other similar wave/spot action. It is this foundational action that governs the foundational speed of all wave energy traversing it, and corresponds to the speed of light and gravity in vacuum in the standard models.

To put the pieces together and bring the foundational medium and the particles that form in the new arenas into the same space, refer back to the post about the decay of the Big Bang energy ball. That event was characterized as matter-to-energy-to-matter, i.e., crunch, to wave energy ball, to particles, to galactic structure, where the energy ball decays into a progression of exotic particles, finally reaching the stable particles that we observe in the natural universe. All of that is taking place within the wave action of the foundational medium of space, in my model.

22. quantum_wave Contemplating the "as yet" unknown Valued Senior Member

MOS: I'm beginning to see the puzzle pieces coming together.

QW: Now, that "foundational medium" is what I say equates to the quantum foam (space-time foam) of QM. I don't invoke spacetime, nor a fabric of it, so my take on the micro level landscape and mechanics would be to say it is waves within waves, within waves, until you have delved down to the tiniest patch of space that can host a single wave intersection and produce a single spherical out flowing wave of the lowest possible energy, which results in QM with the foam being measured in terms of Planck's constant, and that would be referred to as the "fabric of spacetime". I am saying there is such a place in nature, and it is virtually every place in nature, if you go right to the foundational level.

If you call a tiny wave at that level a sub-quantum of energy, then a higher energy wave would be multiple sub-quanta, and would step up in increments to the quantum level, appropriate for the discussion of particles and objects in my model. In that discussion, I refer to the quantum waves as "meaningful", to distinguish them from the foundational waves which are sub-quantum.

The energy of the wave is present at its spherical wave front, and is the same all the way around and across the surface of the expanding sphere. Within the boundary of the spherically expanding wave, the energy density is continually equalizing across the expanding volume of the spherical space until it's expansion is interrupted. The energy at the surface, at the spherical wave front, declines in an inverse square ratio to its radius as the spherical wave expands.

Particles, composed of complex standing wave patterns, have huge numbers of quanta, which I will try to put into perspective with a wild guess at hypothetically quantifying, for talking purposes, as we proceed.

23. quantum_wave Contemplating the "as yet" unknown Valued Senior Member

MOS: It is interesting, your take on the foundational medium, which is your model's counterpart to the quantum foam. It is the foundational medium without the presence of particles and objects, and yet it still represents both energy and mass, due to the perpetual presence of those tiny sub-quanta high energy density spots we visualized in the freeze-frame. Would you say that when the freeze-frame is lifted from our view of the foundational medium, if you keep your eye on one tiny patch of space, you would see these tiny spots of mass appear to pop in and out of resolution as the foundational action continually plays out?

QW: Yes, for sure. The waves, there at the foundational level, are traveling at the speed of light and gravity in their expansion phase, causing them to intersect and overlap almost immediately with each other, and the high density spots that form at the intersections/overlaps are said to have mass at those locations, relative to the expanding boundaries of the parent waves.

The waves keep expanding until interrupted, but the spot stands out because of their high energy density relative to the parent wave densities.