Man Has Never Set Foot on Moon

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by BrainWithAGun, Apr 23, 2003.

?

Have we been to the moon?

1. Of course not.

26 vote(s)
    13.1%
  2. Of course so.

173 vote(s)
    86.9%
  1. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

and what was supposed to be the Soviets reason for agreeing that we did it?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Pincho Paxton Banned Banned

This thread is huge for a science site isn't it? Does this mean that there are a lot of science geeks that don't believe in the moon landings, or does it mean that a lot of conspiracists are attracted to science sites? Well, anyway I don't know enough about radiation to tick a box, it requires a leap of faith.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. mike47 Banned Banned

There is nothing wrong in questing things . However it seems that most people in the world agree that the US got to the moon . I see no purpose in lying about such a scientific event .

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. superstring01 Moderator

And put reflectors and other detritus on the surface that can be seen from the Earth.

~String

8. superstring01 Moderator

I trump this explanation out every time the nay-sayers start nay-saying.

~String

9. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

well, if its possible, why haven't the Russians done it then? Huh? Huh?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Because I told them not to, or I'd beat them up.

11. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

It means that lot conspiracists arrive here.
    Much the way crackpots that believe in the aether, or that relativity is wrong, or that time doesn't exist arrive.
    You know the type.

12. Pincho Paxton Banned Banned

Well yeah, I guess that science attracts Genius too, I missed out all of the categories.

13. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

That's a good question. The moon landing conspiracy is so silly that it unravels very quickly when you start to think about it at all.

There's currently a probe orbiting the moon. I can't remember whether it is a US one or not (may be Chinese or Japanese). But it recently took a picture of one of the Apollo landings sites. You can see the base of the lander, a trail of footprints leading away a short distance, and an instrument package.

Of course, it's just one more faked photo for the conspiracy nuts.

14. mike47 Banned Banned

The Russians are very advanced in arms technology but their priorities do not seem to land on the moon . They worry more about star wars, defence missile shields.....etc .

15. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

ah, so all of their money is going into building a Death Star. smart! :thumbsup:

16. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Star Wars wasn't even a gleam in the eye when the "Space Race" was on.
    And they already had their own operational (ICBM) defence missile system.

17. Gremmie "Happiness is a warm gun" Valued Senior Member

I must say I do find it strange, that people all over the world believe "aliens" from some other universe have set foot foot on earth. and, believe this may have happened thousands of years ago. Some believe they are responsible for the pyramids of Egypt, and so on. Yet there are people that don't believe that "man" could possibley have walked on the moon, in modern times. Man can't make it to a "planet" (OK, I know what's coming.. The Moon isn't a planet. But you know what I mean) that every person can see every night. Yet we give credit to Aliens, from some other galaxy, or universe, for coming here all the time. Abducting humans for experiments. Gee if they are so far more intelligent than we are, why would this be important to them? They already know the answers. Aliens can go anywhere, transverse any universe.. Yet man can't make it to the moon...Seems some people have no faith in mankind.. I just don't see why any rational person, just can't believe we have been to the moon.:shrug::shrug:

Last edited: Aug 15, 2010
  18. CptBork Valued Senior Member

Usually, a conspiracy theory only dies out once the original claimant admits they were talking out of their arse and made the whole thing up. Even then, there are still the die-hard holdouts who will insist the claimant was taken to a CIA facility and tortured until they agreed to recant. Many still believe that Roswell alien dissection crap even though the thing looks like a puppet from a 1930's Buck Rogers episode. The original filmmaker already admitted it was a hoax, and no surgeon would be stupid enough to chop up a newly discovered intelligent life-form in half an hour, as if the Mafia were trying to dump the body.

Surely there must be some way we scientists can exploit these idiots and make a giant profit out of them like the media does- it would be a great way to raise funds for actual research.

19. nirakar ( i ^ i ) Registered Senior Member

I have a hunch that the people who don't believe man set foot on the moon are mostly not the same people as those who believe aliens visit the earth.

I don't believe my government the USA (or any other governments) about anything. About the going to the moon bit I do believe the government. They could have faked the moon landings and save the tax payers a lot of money but I think the USA actually did get men to the moon.