Man Beheads Wife in 'Honor' Killing

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by jessiej920, Feb 19, 2009.

1. scott3x Banned Banned

The CIA is definitely funded by the government. I'd also argue that a lot of important U.S. foreign policy is clandestine; even some very important domestic policy (I think you know what I'm talking about). Nevertheless, you do have a point. Many dirty things the U.S. does, it must do so clandestinely. Stoning women, forcing them to wear burkas and the like is something the U.S. government simply wouldn't be able to get away with.

I greatly dislike that term. If you think someone's lying, I'll say so. Otherwise I won't; saying something like 'intellectually dishonest' is too much hedging for my tastes; it invites the reader to come up with their own conclusion as to what you mean; not exactly something I like doing when it comes to saying if someone's honest or not.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. leopold Valued Senior Member

give me an example of US foreign policy that is unknown to the US government.
    when it comes to the united states sam is a propagandist, an intellectually dishonest liar.
    right sam?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. scott3x Banned Banned

When did I say it was unknown to elements of the U.S. government? I'm thinking of things like Iran Contra, which were certainly known by elements of the U.S. government, but not by most U.S. citizens.

You're trying to get me and S.A.M. to fight aren't you, laugh

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. leopold Valued Senior Member

you apparently have no idea how the CIA operates.
    the selling of arms to fund the above named operation was UNKNOWN to the US government scott.
    most of the garbage that went on in latin america during the 50s and 60s was UNKNOWN to the US government.
    do you realize that an arm of the CIA operates totally outside the government with absolutely no oversight and without any transparency whatsoever? iran/contra could never have happened if that wasn't the case.
    not at all. you'll see what i mean the longer you haggle with her.

edit:
    but i'm being unfair, there are others here just as bad.
    to imply that sam is the only one is a misrepresentation.

8. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Clandestine? Foreign and economic policy of the US is consistent

Elected governments are terrorists, dictators are allies. The economic policies which use debt as a tool to bankrupt developing countries are a continuation of the landlord policies that the British used in India. The American govt could hardly have missed the fact that they have bankrupted several African nations, that they regularly bomb any economy that stabilizes in the Middle East or that the G8 is complicit in their extortion of these economies by absurd trade policies guaranteed to create hunger and unemployment, not to mention endemic poverty in these places.

To suggest that any of this is unknown to policy makers who sign off on the funding for all these practices and beyond, have the power to hold them accoountable for it, is sheer lunacy

9. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

The Indian civilization had already stagnated and was on it's way down before the English stuck their noses in. The English showing up was a coincidence SAM. Open a history book or two. They just stepped in and took advantage. Much like your fathers business deals: Someone wins, someone loses. That time the English won out.

That said, the English were masters for playing simple minded people against one other.

M
    As a wise man once said: Fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2009
  10. leopold Valued Senior Member

lunacy? you want lunacy?
    http://www.ratical.org/ratville/JFK/ST/

BTW prouty was mr. x in the movie JFK.

11. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Uh Leo

It's been consistent economic and foreign policy.

If I, a nobody, can see it, along with several other people in the world who actually study this stuff (google debt and structural adjustment), then you can be sure that policy makers can indeed see it

Just watch CSPAN for a few days and you'll realize how many Americans can see it as well.

There is nothing hidden about these policies. Politicians consistently refer to them as "protecting US interests" that's the code word.

12. leopold Valued Senior Member

don't have cable.
    i used to have the c-span website bookmarked but for some reason it quit working.
    frankly i find it hard to believe that the US government would intentionally bankrupt a nation for no reason.
    this brings us to the "liar" part i referred to earlier, what exactly are you leaving out?

13. leopold Valued Senior Member

thanks sam, it's now clear why the US wants to kick ass in the middle east.
    it's painfully obvious to me that OPEC nations (the mid-east) share a very large part of what you are saying.
    as a matter of fact it wouldn't surprise me in the least if OPEC knew this would happen.

14. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Remember when you say OPEC you're talking about the dynasties set up after 1920 by the British and maintained by the Americans

Also remember that the Arab street opposes these policies and that those governments who also oppose these policies (eg Mossadegh in 1953 nationalized the oil, Saddam in 2001 shifted to the Euro) suffer consequences.

Note also that EVERY elected government (currently Iran, Palestine, Lebanon) oppose these policies. The terrorists.

15. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

The term is unimportant. Foreign policy is dictated by all nations to the extent they're able.

16. leopold Valued Senior Member

there is a piece of the puzzle we are missing here sam because the US is not some kind of evil empire.
    i'll almost guarantee you this piece hinges on the CIA.
    various administrations have tried to dismantle the CIA starting with JFK.

17. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

You seem to think it begins and ends with the CIA. But if the CIA were dismantled, what would change?

18. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Ignorance my dear Geoff is not a point of view. Read "upside down world" by Eduardo Galeano

19. leopold Valued Senior Member

and you seem to think the US is some kind of evil empire.
    clandestine operations require cash, lots of it.
    this money DOES NOT come from legitimate sources.

but you are correct, i doubt if anything would change because both sides would have to unilaterally dismantle their campaigns, although the end of the cold war does give us hope.

i'm in a curious position because although i desire peace i also see the need for war, if for no other reason than to purge society of its misfits.

20. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

It's not evil empire as much as indifferent empire. You can see the results of those policies on your own society. Other peoples jobs and lives mean very little when compared with the profit margin

21. leopold Valued Senior Member

let's not confuse corporate greed with the man in the street sam.

22. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Unemployment looks the same everywhere.

Some just have more (illusions) to lose

23. DiamondHearts Registered Senior Member

It's interesting to see how quickly the white supremacists come to support their own. To them their culture is still the light to guide the uneducated colored heathen people of the world. Yet they preach to us that it is we who think this way. This has always been their game, and at this age it is centered around subjugating the Muslim world. There main goal is to wipe our culture of the map and make us their cultural slaves. Unfortunately for them, Muslims don't cave that easily to foreign pressure.

Some people have stated that the Mughal empire was not as advanced nor economically sound as the European countries in its history. This distorted view completely ignores the constant interference of the British, Portuguese, and Dutch. There was a time when the Europeans would willfully attack and pillage pilgrim ships going to the Holy city of Makkah from Mughal lands. The disintegration of Mughal rule in India took hundreds of years, and was started much earlier than Europeans today would like to admit. The principle supporters of the Maratha and Sikh rebels were the British Europeans. The Portuguese sacked the the lands of Goa, killed their men, and raped the Mughal women of Goa thus giving rise to the Christian and mixed Indian-European community in Goa. The massacred thousands of unarmed pilgrims and travelers on the way to the Middle East. All of this took place more than a hundred years before the actual British occupation of India. The biggest mistake of the Mughal Empire was trusting the Europeans words that they came only to trade. As the other lands such as China, Japan, Middle East, and Africa, the Europeans constantly interfered with the economies of these lands to destabilize their host countries and pave the way for eventual European domination.

100% true SAM. The Europeans puppets are stilling running around in our lands. They are still being propped up by these foreign powers, and dissent is being silenced with an iron fist, while the occupiers of Muslim lands continue unabated to persecution our people (Palestine, Kashmir, Chechnya, Somalia, Iraq, Afghanistan, etc). If these people truly desired to give these regions self-determination, they could have easily done it. Look how easily they supported the independence of East Timor. The fact is they have a vested interest in keeping us oppressed. They profit from our deaths.