Malaysia imposes dress code for non-muslims, THE FRENCH WAY

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Proud_Muslim, Jan 11, 2004.

1. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Hello Lucysnow,

May I ask what you're doing in Phnom Penh? (No need to answer if you don't want to.)

The fact that human rights are violated doesn't mean they don't exist, as I've been arguing all along in this thread.

That's a very sad state of affairs. What do you think should be done about it?

Then I would respectfully disagree with them. (Have you had that discussion with them yourself, because you may be surprised at their views on human rights and moral obligations, as opposed to the day-to-day political and social realities of trying to implement these things.)

I cannot comment on this, because I am not aware of the details of the situation in Cambodia. Obviously, the people on the ground know what is going on more than I do sitting here in Australia.

How would they solve these problems, if they were able?

I disagree. My point of view on these kinds of situations is that I think it is deplorable that corruption and a disrespect for fundamental rights occurs. I am under no illusions that everything is rosy everywhere because human rights laws exist in international law (for example). However, the fact that rights are ignored or disrespected in practice does not mean they don't exist, as I've said before. In fact, it makes it even more important to educate people about these things, so that they can change their country from the inside, as you advocate. Don't you think?

I'm sorry, but that is a jaded view of the world. I can understand it, given your current circumstances, but I cannot agree with you. I can only repeat that the fact that principles are not always put into practice does not mean that the principles themselves are bankrupt, or not worth striving for.

I wish you all the best while you are there, and would be interested to hear about the situation in Cambodia from you. This thread is probably not the place for that, though.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. alain du hast mich Registered Senior Member

proud muslim, your signiture thing says "shield of islam"
    i picture you more as one of those big spiky swords of islam

this thread is flawed, it should be. Malaysia imposes dress code for non-muslims, THE MALAYSIAN WAY, also France imposes dress code for muslims, THE FRENCH WAY

France isnt actually applying any codes against muslims. all the codes for muslims APPLY TO CHRISTIANS TOO. GET THAT INTO YOUR FUCKING SKULL. I dont actually know if Malasia is purely limiting Non-muslims by saying "all women must be covered head to toe" (muslim women have to do that anyway) or simply being fair and saying "no religions symbols to be worn"

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

No one other than malaysians(nor most of them) want to live in malaysia anyway so their little statement is kind of pointless. Westerners only visit to get cheap fake rolex watches, malaria and dysentry and then go home, apparently 'richer' for the experience.
    I'm sure they'll just stop visiting and everyone will forget about malaysias little rules and realise how great it is to not have dysentry and malaria.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. munim_786 Banned Banned

actually Malaysia is a very rich and developed country, it houses some of the most modern and civialised cities in the world and probably the most beautiful skyscrapers in the entire world (it also has the talles skyscraper in the world)

and MILLIONS of people flocked to see the beautiful city in the Common wealth games (or olympic, im not sure) and also the "worlds strongest man" compettion is held in the capital city of Kula Lumpar. and yes loads of westerners go to Malysia for Business and tourism

8. munim_786 Banned Banned

Mr. Dennis should stick to real history i.e. the American Empire and it's threat to the Muslims. America has long been afraid of Islam and Muslims for they are not people to be easily conquered. This is the nature of Islam, it teaches all it's faithful to stand against oppression and injustice. That is why the U.S. fears Islam. 99.9% of Muslims do not hold violent beliefs, but yet they are judged by what the less than 1% of Muslims do. It's a shame, I guess the Christian world is championed by men like David Koreish, and Jim Jones. Wake Up America, you can be smarter than this. Fear and hate only begets fear and hate. Unfortunately, men like Dennis would rather be become reality.