making love or just sex

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Theoryofrelativity, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

deleted in protest to really poor moderation

Last edited: Mar 1, 2007
  2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Naat Scientia potestas est. Registered Senior Member

"No time for the old in-out, love, I've just come to read the meter. " - to quote the classic.
    As far as I know, I have never felt Love, only crush.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

Brace yourself Doreen, I'm coming in.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

Are you a man?

Do you mean that as a result of not having been in love you have not experienced feeling as though you are making love?

Or do you consider you cannot know if there is a difference as you have not experienced love?

Do you believe a difference (in the absence of personal experience) exists?

8. Mrhero54 Registered Senior Member

Words are labels.

I wonder if the question you are truly asking is, "Can sex with certain people or certain times when you have sex, have more meaning or feeling than other times, and can this meaning or feeling be equated to the word love?"

I do believe sex can be more pleasurable and meaningful with certain people. But whether it be lust, natural instinct, a psychological bond developed over time, a figment of one's imagination or this concept people describe as love, the real question is "what is this feeling and why am I feeling it?".

And the answer is:

Completely, utterly, and entirely, subjective.

9. Naat Scientia potestas est. Registered Senior Member

Yes, I happen to be one. Since the question was addressed toward men, I didn´t feel the need to add that.

That seems logical - so, yes. If I would have or ever will feel as thou I am making love, not just having sex - wouldn´t it imply that I would have to be in love? I would have to be in love to make love.

It may be that. That would force the assuption that men are not capable of loving? But I hope that it´s just me.

Difference between making love and sex?
    They are of course used as synonyms. But romantic in me hopes that there is some difference.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2006
  10. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

Bah humbug

There is no denying it is subjective, this is a subjective question.

so have you as a man experienced what you would call (for sake of not using a hundred words) 'making love' or have you just enjoyed the sexual act for what it is a satisfying pleasurable act.

Example women may while making love...as well as being attached to the physical sensations and being consumed by those also feel 'bonded' a emotional 'connection' an extra surge of the 'love' thing while in the act.

My question is, do men experience the same or is it more primitive for men, or does the occassion , the person make a difference to the 'feelings' not just the sensations.

11. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

and your view? Is making love different to having sex, if so how for men is it different.

12. imaplanck. Banned Banned

I like to practice fore play.........

........................Too bad Im too tired to apply it to the woman when im done practicing.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2006
  13. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

My view? It depends if you love them or have strong feelings for them. If so, it's making love. If not, it's sex.

14. imaplanck. Banned Banned

Yes you can think 'Jesus! look at the body on her!' and all you want to do is perform the act( Its just pure stimulation from your senses). Then you can 'make love' which is an entirely different matter performed with someone you have deep feelings for. I would say the latter was easily 10 times more pleasurable but not inducible.

15. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

You blokes

Can't you describe this 'making love' feeling and how that feeling differs to 'sex' feeling

16. Athelwulf Rest in peace Kurt... Registered Senior Member

I may have to think about this more deeply (and when I'm less tired), but I would say that the ideas of "making love" and "having sex" are very closely attatched to each other for me. This is to say, I don't think of sex as just relieving your own sexual needs, but also as a mutual act with someone you're close to, an act you perform because you're close and in order to become closer.

I make a distinction between the conventional ideas of "making love" and "having sex", but because of the way I think about both concepts, I consider "making love" an unnecessary euphamism in most contexts and will often talk about "having sex".

17. antifreeze defrosting agent Registered Senior Member

some of us don't feel it ["making love" i mean]. how then can we describe it?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

18. Athelwulf Rest in peace Kurt... Registered Senior Member

I will after I've taken my night's sleep. But if you can't wait, I've posted about it in a thread by tiassa in the EM&J forum.

19. imaplanck. Banned Banned

How can you put it into words?
    Its the tender touching, the soft sounds, everything is so intensified and is felt to the pit of the stomach. Every thought is her and only her, It will be this way for ever.

...........Words just cannot convey 'making love'.

20. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

so would you be able to feel like this even if you had tied her to the bed posts for a really kinky session? Or is making love purely restricted to 'missionary'?

21. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

you have sex with your genitals.
    you make love with your soul.
    simple as that.

22. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

Hm, seems you guys are maybe not so different to gals after all.

23. imaplanck. Banned Banned

No definately not.

Not exactly but you have no desire for the crudest of pleasures.

I see what you are getting at and I dont think that anyone would be making love if they are using a £100 worth of toys and rubber.