Magnetic laptop

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by Syzygys, May 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

This is new and I never encountered with such a thing. My notebook is magnetic just above where the USB input is. The USB stick well, sticks to the notebook's flat surface above where it supposed to go in.

It is not a problem, just a curiosity and I discovered it by accident. Since we have had that notebook for 3 years, I wonder if that magnetism always existed, or it is just a recent development somehow?

Anybody has a computer with magnetic surface parts??? Generally magnetism isn't good for electronic parts, so I was surprised when it suddenly just stuck to it...

Last edited: May 13, 2012
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

Well, should have googled the problem first, to a very similar occurance, they say it is static electricity:

http://au.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090924014606AA3yuQY

I tried it with the notebook off, still magnetic (unlike the case above), then I removed the battery and it was still magnetic....I am thinking, since I have discovered another spot, (basicly the 2 corners) it might be a built in magnet for complete closing of the lid, I just never realized it before...

Last edited: May 13, 2012
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.