Mafia 2

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Asguard, Sep 13, 2008.

1. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

my apologises for not getting this thread closed on time, RL intrudes.

i will be doing the calculations and posting the results right now

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

Night Day whatever as the town gathers it looks like i was right and the naysayers were dead wrong

the last mafia Phoenix is halled off to jail and the game ends

it can now be revealed that SAM was actually the mafia stand over women and betrayerofhope (note i didnt call you BOH

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

) was the undercover cop

further more this is the full list of rolls:

Mafia - Don (can convert two members to mafia) Challenger78

Mafia - Hit man (twice in game kill one extra person) phoenix2634

Mafia - Lawyer (stops one person being arested each day) Enmos

Mafia - Intimidator (stop one person using there powers each day) MZ3Boy84

Mafia - Undercover cop (knows who the mafia is but is really town) Betrayer0fHope

alien - abducts people (makes them talk gibberish) James R

Town - police officer (investigates one person each day) BlueMoose

Town - Doctor (protects one person each day) nietzschefan

Town - Gun shop proprietor (takes out another person when they die) Vaiorom

Town - editor (changes vote once) unixgeek13

Town - gosip, need to think up some stuff to tell these to, 11 pascal

Town - Mayors informant, CheskiChips, openly town and gets some hints

as for 11pascal i brought him back to make a serial killer incase i needed one because i was starting to belive james and nietzschefan that i had in some way unbalanced the game. as the town won and 11pascal nither had to use that power or even VOTE since he has been back it looks like i was right from the start (though i will admit i did need the extra two players

)

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. unixgeek13 what a long strange trip ... Registered Senior Member

and I was happy to save my own tail with that vote change!!!

viva la townies!!!!

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. BlueMoose Guest

We win even me being the useless cop, I found out that Betrayer was one of us in mafia, then I was slaughtered, maybe little too risky move to analyze why The Cop hasnt publish the result, but at the time I was thinking way to make an alliance with Betrayer.
    Was it fun, I didnt have time to follow this time, short brief anyone ?

8. phoenix2634 Registered Senior Member

Yes! I took out the alien.

When Challenger78 was arrested, I kept mulling over various scenarios as to how the mafia could win. It wasn't good. If the night would've ended a couple of nights ago when there were two votes for BetrayerOfHope it only would have delayed the mafia's demise.

At best I thought the game might end in a tie. I attribute a possible tie due too poor police security during a work detail contributing to 11parcal's escape.

I sort of thought that BetrayerOfHope was the undercover cop, but not enough to not put in a vote for SAM being the undercover cop. The inactive members in the thread made it more difficult. That's a lot of why Night 3 took so long.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2008
  9. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

oh BTW that list above was changed before the game, the don and the hit man were reduced to 1 use each rather than the stated two. further more the "intimidator"'s name was changed when i finally got over my mental block and worked out the word i wanted was "stand over man"

i copied that list from my master list which didnt have the changes on it

10. BlueMoose Guest

Oh, yes, thats why James was so hardly pressing that he is a townie, he was that probing alien

Am I right but did The Alien have agenda of its own, to be the last ?

11. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

yes, the alien won by being alive and abducting as many people as possable.

one thing though for whoever does this next time (it DEFINITLY wont be me again for a LONG time) we need to pick players who intend to post because its way to easy for people to just get away with doing nothing. the game has an inherent bias in that if you dont post at all your much more likly to survive

12. BlueMoose Guest

Lots of work I can imagine.

Yeah, should we try the first version, just for the clarity, minimum 1 post maximum 5 post for day or something like that, and one post where is your current vote only ?
    Just a thought, so, where we do get a mod, anyone ?

13. phoenix2634 Registered Senior Member

Thanks Asguard for running the game.

14. Vaiorom Registered Member

See I wasn't in the mafia.

15. 11parcal Saint of Cynicism Registered Senior Member

Aww, I was looking forward to serial killing, guess I'll stick to being a gossip, Like OMG!

16. phoenix2634 Registered Senior Member

I knew that.

17. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

actually i want to give some cudos to betrayerofhope, he had the toughest job in the game and i was sure he wouldnt last a couple of days. yet even with it being bloody ovious there WAS a mole it took the mafia till the last second to nominate someone AND they nominated the wrong person.

i was actually hoping that blue moose would stay in the game longer because once he found out day one who the undercover cop was he and betrayer could have played off eachother quite well.

futher more i would like to suggest you all read back to day three where betrayer was giving very subtle hints as to both his roll AND who the mafia were mixed in amongst the gibberish

18. BlueMoose Guest

Yeah, I should plead the doctor to put me on the save list before opening my mouth too much. It was kinda hard at start to make a strategy when the roles were hidden, and I never survived past the start

Thanks for running the game and kudos for the survivors.

19. Betrayer0fHope MY COHERENCE! IT'S GOING AWAYY Registered Senior Member

That was easy

. My only regret is that Enmos didn't get to really play this one, and that James R was killed off so early. Did anyone actually post WHY the cop didn't publish his results after he didn't? I'm pretty sure I posted that he investigated the undercover cop a day ago or so, but did anyone else do it before? Kudos to Asgaurd for running this game, and I'd like to give a shout out to myself, because nobody else deserves it besides James

20. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Hmm... so I was right in suspecting Challenger and pheonix2634.

Betrayer0fHope: can you explain how you tried to help the town? It seems to me you had a hard role.

I was disappointed at being knocked out so early. I would have enjoyed abducting a few more victims. Sorry BoH, but I didn't know who was mafia when I chose to abduct you!

BlueMoose: Why no investigations while I was alive?

Anyway, congrats to the town again!

---

If you're interested check out:

Mafia 3: The Enemy Within

21. Betrayer0fHope MY COHERENCE! IT'S GOING AWAYY Registered Senior Member

Yep.
    I did indeed have a hard role, but luckily I somehow thought of a very good way to deal with this, make everyone else act like the undercover cop, and then blame them. The most obvious way I helped the town was voting Phoenix and getting phoenix to kill of S.A.M., a member of the mafia. I couldn't do much, unfortunately, because you abducted me

. Basically, what I did is I PMed the mafia and told them that we should play like townies, all of us, suspecting each other and voting each other. But, I actually never did that, so I thought that made me seem much less likely to be the undercover cop, because I never even tried to kill a mafia member until the last second. I'd like to thank Asgaurd if he picked this role out for me, because it was a lot of fun.
    Too good

. Be wrong more, be suspected more.
    He investigated me, knew I was the undercover cop, kept the information secret, and was killed.
    This should've been my third win, but the serial killer got 3 of us in a row last game and Unix screwed up the fast mafia game

Done.

22. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

Damn..

I KNEW BH was a COP.. I was going to convince Phoenix and others to kill him..

And I had peoples trust..

ARRRGHH.. Damn you, Unix.

23. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

yes, i didnt actually realise at the time that i shouldnt have let unix use his power then because your not surposed to use them on yourself. problem was it wasnt until AFTER i had arested you that i actually went back and counted the fact that it was him who was going to be arested