Machines Will Take Over The World!

Discussion in 'Intelligence & Machines' started by vze4p6c2, Jul 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vze4p6c2 Registered Member

many people say, "Computers do only what programmers tell them to do". Exactly: If you call function KillAllHumans(permenately); guess what the machine is going to do?!

Let me give you an example: When you install a game, no matter what type, the software configures itself to your hardware.
    See? The software is able to decide, what module to use to perform best.

You may say... "its nothing than variables and functions that respond to input.." Tell me what are we? We respond to cold by wearing gloves; we respond to heat, by going to a cold shower; etc.

"what is a computer? Transistors with ability to transfer electrons"; what are we? Neurons that transfer electrons. How are we different after all?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

the difference is consciousness and awareness.

peace.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. q0101 Registered Senior Member

What is your perception of consciousness and awareness?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Unless, of course, the guy who programmed it didn't account for the hardware you've got in your PC.

8. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

consciousness is to be aware of your own existence. and awareness to be aware of the universe and existence.

surely your not saying machines are conscious and aware?

peace.

9. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

EMP weapons will make short work of robots,

peace.

10. Communist Hamster Cricetulus griseus leninus Valued Senior Member

Biological weapons will make short work of humans.

11. q0101 Registered Senior Member

Can you describe the physical process within our bodies that creates our perception of consciousness? The are a lot of new things that scientists will have to learn before we can have a deep understanding of what it means to be conscious and self-aware. Until then, everything that we write about the future of artificial intelligence is just speculation.

I believe that what we perceive as consciousness is a series of complex chemical reactions. We will probably be able to create molecular level simulations of everything that occurs in the human body in the future, therefore I don't see any reason why an artificial intelligence wouldn't be able to convince us that it is self-aware. However, there are some people that would probably say that A.I (binary code) is just a simulation of the real thing (amino acids), and machines are not really conscious.

Anyway, no one can really be sure about what is going to happen in the future. I believe that machines will take over the world, but I also believe that artificial intelligence will merge with human intelligence. Man and machine will become one. Different machines will be created for different tasks. Machines with biological parts will be created for some tasks, and machines will non-biological parts will be created for other tasks.

12. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

i dont know the full physical process of consciousness. i dont think scientists do either.

and i never said machines will never become conscious, but they obviously are not at the moment. and many people share your views about machines taking over the world. its a very popular scifi theme,

peace.

13. Carcano Valued Senior Member

Machines dont have a will, so they cannot decide to take over the world.

Humans however can extend their own will through machines to a great extent...like erecting batteries of voice mail machines to protect you from your beloved customers.

14. Fugu-dono Scholar Of Shen Zhou Registered Senior Member

Everybody sing, 'Transformer more than meets the eye..." haha just kidding.

Well to be honest if human leave some kind of super AI to figure out solutions to our world's problem without blocking absolute solution of killing humans then by all means we might be. Mwahaha.

It's just bloody fiction people.

15. Smellsniffsniff Gravitomagnetism Heats the Sun Registered Senior Member

You shouldn't talk that much cause, 1 neuron experience no others change. You need an inducer of reality to be aware, a superficial machine that prevents you from functioning Unless you are a photon chrystal machine. Then you can simulate consciousness and experience another or an equal consciousness simultaneously. The machines are superior since there are no humans without machines. Ofcourse, you do experience the occasional electron.

16. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

so what are you saying, you understand consciousness fully? you are ahead of the worlds leading scientists then,

and how are machines superior to humans could you explain that in further detail please.

maybe you are a big sci-fi fan, who knows.

peace.

17. srikar Registered Senior Member

DEAR vze4p6c2,

First of all tell me, Can u dare to create a programme to kill your self.

The mechanism of humans and machinesis totally different.
    The machines needs power supply from a different source(or by another machine and it also requires a mediator nothing but a living thing,we humans.)
    whereas humans get power supply by taking food(it is natural process) , Can machines do that.

18. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

One day we will create a machine that is 'conscious'. When you think about it, AI and Human conciousness are very different, but very similar. Similar in the way that both of them have their needs to fulfill, and percieve the world. Its not impossible that AI would in time develop morales, etc so we do need to be careful

19. Smellsniffsniff Gravitomagnetism Heats the Sun Registered Senior Member

They are faster, stronger, smarter more wicked and they simulate a stronger desire then any man. They induce this reality in you, what will you do to pay them?

20. srikar Registered Senior Member

TO ALL
    The "MACHINES" are not coming from heaven or some other planet. just they are being made by the humans.Whenever you want to stop that, it's the matter of minutes.
    Remember one thing Without humans there is no existence of machines.

21. Star_Kindler Registered Member

Yes, they're faster and stronger. It's why we built them in the first place. As for "simulating a stronger desire than any man," I have NO idea what you're talking about. The internet? Video games? Either way, I don't really particularly need either to cope with reality, I have these dead trees with a dried liquid made from natural dyes scribed on them.

22. mackmack Registered Senior Member

the debate over machines again. they should have a poll that ask people if they are for ai machines or against. i'm for ai machines even machines that exceed human intelligence.

23. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

im assuming that was a joke.

peace.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.