Mace Windu v. Palpatine/Yoda v. Palpatine

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Prince_James, Sep 6, 2005.

1. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

>wonders about the twisted reality you live in<

Last edited: Nov 7, 2005
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

TW Scott:

The problem, however, is that Vader has never made use of his power. The only time he comes even close to displaying his true skill is against Dooku in Ep 3, when Anakin gives into his rage and takes on a man who is the equal to Mace Windu and Yoda, who was previously kicking both his and Obi-Wan's ass. However, Vader never demonstrates powerful -Force- ability, and by the time he is maimed and immolated, he is too physically damaged, too cybernetic, and other such things to be able to amount to the Chosen One of the Force that he should have been. Also, Vader is pretty terrible in Ep 4, 5, and 6, with Luke actually scoring a direct hit against his shoulder at Bespin with a lightsabre, which doesn't cleave him in half because of Vader's armour, although Vader does sorta yelp in pain, which seems to indicate some penetration from the blade.

As to Luke, Luke only shows true power when he gives into his own rage at the end of ROTJ and only against Vader, who as noted previously, is rather inept at lightsabre fighting once he gets the suit on (and sucked in Ep 2 as Anakin, also). Luke also demonstrates pitiful skill in the Force, aside from telekinesis and mind control, although this may be due to Lightside techniques not permitting the usage of the more flashy aspects of the Force, such as Lightning and the like.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

that is just in the movies. read the books you get a whole new understanding of Vader's, Yoda's and Luke's power levels.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

I never read the novelizations of the first three movies, only of Revenge of the Sith. I ought to.

8. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Add in Shadows of the Empire and some of the other books. If you like the idea of the Empire kicking arse the series with Grand Admiral Thrawn is a must.

9. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

I've read some of the other books, just not the novelizations of the films. I only read the Revenge of the Sith book, actually, because my friend suggested I do so we could discuss it. T'was good.

10. Arquibus Master of Useless Information Registered Senior Member

Actually, Vader was still the chosen one of the prophecy. He brought balance to the Force when he killed Palpatine. It reminds me of a story that master Jolee Bindo tells in Knights of the Old Republic. He speaks of a young Jedi whose destiny it was to bring peace to a sector of the galaxy. Somehow, this Jedi knew this, and it made him arrogant, knowing that he would one day do this. Indeed he did. The pirates group that had been plaguing the entire area captures him on their flagship. The leader of these pirates was interrogating him, and he was being his arrogant self, threatening the pirates and all sorts of other things. The pirate tossed him at the wall, but he flew toward the vent that lead to the reactor. Bindo escaped as the pirate lord's flagship went critical and blew up, killing his entire command crew. With no leaders, the pirates broke apart and drifted to separate areas of the galaxy. He fulfilled his destiny, just not in the way he had thought.

11. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

Arquibus:

Yes. This is a classic theme of prophecy, also. The prophecy tends to come to fruition even if it does so in an odd way.

12. Forceman May the force be with you Registered Senior Member

I think that since Yoda has the ability to transfer his Force type to the Dark Side, while in the netherworld of the Force he could turn to the Dark Side, and then kill Darth Caedus(Jacen Solo), himself, afterwards returning to the Light Side, and then helping Luke in the new Jedi Academy in the outer realm; of course after the defeat of the Imperial Remnant-although, I have to say I did like Pellaeon, and hated when he was shot down by Tahiri in the book, Revelation.

13. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Anakin Skywalker is the strongest force user ever. Anakin Skywalker is the Sith'ari, the Chosen One and he have the most midiclorians. Anakin Skywalker is only 40 when he died and only 21 when he became Darth Vader, the Vader suit and the Dule on Mustarfar limited his abilities. He is orginially 2 times Palpatine's power " Darth Vader will be more powerful then either of us." but his vader suit limited his abilitie to 7/10 of Palpatine's power. Anakin Skywalker is the best!

14. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

He is right. The Vader suit limited his abilities.

15. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

Yep, Luke is the greatest Jedi ever. George Lucas said that the only thing that would motivate him to making a sequel is to see Luke as a Jedi Master. Luke..... and the 2nd best is Darth Maul!

Last edited: Apr 5, 2008
  16. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

No Anankin Skywalker is ( Anakin, not Vader in his Vader suit ) Anakin is the Son of the Suns, Sith'ari and the Chosen One. Not to mention he is the best pilot, best mechanic and have the highest midicorian count. Anakin Skywalker is 1st then Luke Skywalker. Luke Skywalker is not a pure vessle of the force like Anakin!

17. USS Enterprise-A Registered Member

Heh heh. Slice n' Dice!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!