"Lost"

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Joker, Feb 17, 2008.

?

"Lost" Directly related to "Hollow Earth Theroy"?

1. yes

30.0%
  2. no

90.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Janus58 Valued Senior Member

No, bald guy (hereafter known as Locke) very unhappy. Remember, Locke blew up the submarine because he did not like the idea of the Others being able to come and go from the Island. He considered it "cheating". Locke feels that the Island should be appreciated in its natural state; The last thing he would want is for it to be developed and for more people to be traveling back and forth from the Island.

BTW, you do realise that mysterious rich guy is Penny's father. (Penny being Desmond's girl friend). This might explain why Niome (sp?) was carrying a picture of Desmond and Penny even though penny professes to know nothing about the freighter from which she came. This also ties in with what Penny's father bought during that auction.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. 2012 Registered Member

Yes, that’s why those on the ship were never to respond a flashing light on their console, presumably it was Penny trying to contact them?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Pandaemoni Valued Senior Member

So, did they ever name Ben's "man on the boat?" I recall Ben telling Locke to sit down to prepare himself for the shocking revelation, then they cut away and I went to the bathroom.

I never saw that they revealed the answer.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2008
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. 2012 Registered Member

Well I don’t know if you get to see it before us, (assuming you’re in the US from how you write) but in the last episode here (the one when Jack kisses Julia) although Ben says he has someone on the ship and Locke asked him who it is, Ben hasn’t answered him.
    The revelation was that, Penny’s father wants to develop the island.

8. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

Have they said which 8 people came back? I know Kate, Jack, Sayid, Hurley, Ben, and Aaron, but who are the other two?

9. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

SPOILERS:

Ben's man is the black dude, the kid's father. The other 2 could be the 2 kids, one is unborn. Although I thought they said Oceanic 6, not 8...

10. 2012 Registered Member

At Kate’s trail she said that there had been 8 survivors of the Oceanic flight, two of which had died, but they weren’t named.
    The ship’s log, not previously opened that Penny’s father bought at auction was from the Black Rock i.e. the ship they found in the middle of the island

11. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

Well, that black dude is also a survivor...

12. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

The countdown to disappointment continues...
    How many episodes left in this aborted half-season?

The latest episode sucked balls.
    I hate episodes like this.

Jin was one, apparently. One of the two dead ones.
    So, the question remains as to who the other was...

Wait.
    Ben wouldn't be one of the Oceanic 6.
    So, that leaves two mystery men/women?
    (Black dude (Michael?) also wouldn't count, I don't think.)

Edit: Just looked at Wikipedia. One more episode before a 5 week hiatus, then 5 episodes more for the season.
    Next week's episode had better be a good one... I'm not going to hold my breath though. It'll probably be about the intricacies of Hurley's post rescue food-fetish. Or maybe about how he's been getting some of that Korean booty. (Anyone catch his "good" when told he'd be the only one coming to see the baby?)

13. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

Well, the black dude would count because he was on the plane, but at this point we don't know if he made it or not, so his status is in limbo as a survivor...

14. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

I suppose so, if he actually makes it off the island.
    His son is another possibility.

15. Pinocchio's Hoof Pay the Devil, or else.......£ Registered Senior Member

I think it is a battle between good and evil.

walt- the devil
    ben - the anti-christ
    locke- god/moses
    jack-jesus christ.

I think it is going to be a modern day biblicalesque tale , involving the island being a state of limbo/purgatory. And the dharma institute on the island is where ben (anit-christ) has been using the equip, for his own means, manipulating the other people to a degree that they have become his disciples,
    enter the plane crash, locke walks, jack leads, jack is guided by locke then not. The smoke monster could be a (side effect) result of what ben has been using the island for (poss opening the gates of hell), or trying to harness the power for himself (as any anti-christ would), but something has gone wrong I.E. the plane crash may be the intervention of the "Good,or God etc....Lo and behold maybe it is a repeat of the war between good and evil given a modern twist.

The hollow earth theory I've got to say no..........Am I right pfff I doubt it but it's what i think.

Gives some explanation for other things to....charlie telling hurley after he was dead that the people on the island still needed help and the fact that the other patient in the hospital told hurley that there was a man waiting to see him (then he can't be dead....but he is).
    The others wanted walt so bad under the guidence of ben, that it is possible that the anti-christ has tried to take/ turned on his master and held walt the devil captive , If that be the case then the devil would want revenge, helping locke( god moses) when he was shot.

16. 2012 Registered Member

There are a number of levels to this tale, but if there’s a biblical one I can’t see your protagonists roles.
    Maybe Ben, as the devil, i.e. covetous, manipulating, self-absorbed etc.
    Locke could be Moses, not God, God doesn’t kill people.
    Maybe Walt as Jesus, not insufferable Jack, sanctimonious and self-doubting, but he could be the Good Samaritan.
    Dharma is just the requirements of a happy life, which is basis of many religions, which Ben (Devil) has high-jacked

But the plane has to have been pulled apart by the burst of magnetic force that emanated from the island, as when Locke decided to stop having the numbers entered in.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2008
  17. Pinocchio's Hoof Pay the Devil, or else.......£ Registered Senior Member

If the island is limbo and inbetween world (this could have been caused by ben between the time he gased the island and the arrival of the survivors), when sayid and desmond left on the chopper they followed one set of co-ordinates 1 way in 1way out....juliette was drugged when she first camre to the island, its possible that the plane just flew into the storm that they faced in the journey to the boat by mistake. And this storm is what caused the physic's bloke (uni guy,desmond and his constant don't remember his name)
    payload in the rocket's time delay.......30 mins (i think)

18. 2012 Registered Member

I agreed that a lot of what is going on hints at purgatory, with the black smoke probably the Holy Ghost etc, it’s a possibility, but some of them get off the island back to their old life, (Sun being the latest to be shown off it) which is not my understanding of purgatory.
    As for when things happened, the island has never been on any maps, it has only ever been discovered by accident.
    The one set of co-ordinates (meaning ‘in a straight line’) the Huey took, indicates that anything travelling towards it would otherwise get deflected. The extended time the rocket took to get to the island indicates that its either further away than would be expected within normal parameters, or the island’s magnetic field is causing a time delay (something like moving clocks run slow) The phone link delay travelling at much higher speed might not be so discernable.
    The Physicist who is the mutual constant of Desmond, is Daniel.

19. Pinocchio's Hoof Pay the Devil, or else.......£ Registered Senior Member

Penny's father brought the ledger of an old pirate's vessel,(the auction where he asked for penny's new adress for constant), I think that will be why his ship is near the island now.
    when they left the island for the ship daniel was specific about following the same path they came in (they left in the eve arrived in the afternoon).

With ben I can't remember if he was born on the island?

when ben was younger he used to see his mother on the other side of the perimeter fence, he then gased everybody and became leader ( isn't there some passage "and a child shall lead",) and his infatuation with walt and their weirdness surrounding walt will hopefully come to fruition with the return of michael.....there is still the matter of Jacob, when locke first saw him when he went to visit with ben i'm sure (if you have it watch and please let me know) the fleeting images you see of jacob looked to me like locke...?

I think that towards the end ben is going to be the one who gets them off the island, and maybe what ever ben was to the island locke will replace him.......:splat:

20. 2012 Registered Member

I don’t know about it being a pirate ship, but the Black Rock (built 1848) was a slave ship, it was carrying dynamite invented in 1860 to give an idea of it’s time period.

Penny’s father is after Ben that’s why his ship is off the island and Ben is trying to wipe out Penny’s father.

‘A child shall lead’ does comes from the Bible, (what a frightening prospect that is these days)
    but everybody was a child once and I reckon Ben was in his twenties when he gassed the Dharma people.

Ben was born 28 miles from Portland (I assume Maine USA) and his mother died in his childbirth (anti-Christ?) he arrived on the island with his father I guess at about aged 6

They only gave the briefest of glimpses of Jacob and yes it could have been Locke, but even held on freeze frame, I couldn’t tell.

With Sayid now working for Ben, I thought Ben was off the island, but is he?
    It’s the Oceanic 6 and now that Sun also got off the Island, the other five are Jack, Kate, Aaron, Hurly and Sayid.

21. Pinocchio's Hoof Pay the Devil, or else.......£ Registered Senior Member

Thats it.

I'M 99% sure he was a child when he started to see his mother on the other side of the fence. but you maybe right as i think it was the episode when they showed how the mini-van crashed and ben was a lot older.

Darn....

And then there's the matter of time travel.........:splat:

22. Janus58 Valued Senior Member

Actually, I think that it is Portland, Oregon USA. It just make more logistical sense that the Other's mainland base would be located on the West coast if they are using a submarine to travel back and forth to an Island in the South Pacific.

23. Pinocchio's Hoof Pay the Devil, or else.......£ Registered Senior Member

Perhaps the poll should have been
    ' do you think the writers know how lost is going to finish'

I am certainly lost in lost...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Last edited: Mar 19, 2008