Living With ADHD

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by Brutus1964, Jul 30, 2005.

1. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Muaha!
    Pause...

MUAHAAHAHAAA!!!!!!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. duendy Registered Senior Member

HI...There is NOTHING at all wrong with you. you have been lied to. just cause it is a huge lie, supported by the very State doesn't mean it isn't a lie.
    But dont just trst me, pease checkout what i say for yourself......obviously tough nutrition is good to look at. notice how th shiesters push their 'dope' at you, yet also promote foods and liquids full of crap...massive sugar, salt, godknows what cehmical additives....etc. SEE IT!....checkout Fred BAughmann. he is very good revealing this unprecidented evil scam

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. duendy Registered Senior Member

river-wond, i haven't a clue what your second question's about, but your main on.....why do people want power over others..........................cause, they haven't got power themSELVES so like vmpires they want power OVER you me her him, animals, Nature. the pattens is the same. no-power wantpower over. so we need ten to ask ourselves what power means don we?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

Ophiolite, that was better. You got on the wrong side of me by aligning yourself with Wes, and the assumption that you and him formed a united front seemed like a valid one. The "get over it and stop whining" thing is offensive to me. I don't think that the vast majority of victims in my category can do that and they need something else. Also, to tell you the truth, I feel like all I needed this year was a job. I was ready to straighten out my life, work a plan, write my book, keep up the rent and cable TV and eat and eventually move up. Then the people where I worked used my good qualities against me. They forced me to exert myself much more than the job needed. They made it impossible for me to use my judgement, in ways that even violated company policy. They stressed me to the point that four times I felt massive chest pains, felt weak, and saw spots in front of my eyes. The pain in my chest lasted more than a weak, not as strong as during the crisis, and I still feel weakness and numbness. I am using exercise to try to recover, and I can walk five miles without getting terribly tired by now, but I still feel funny now and then. I didn't go to the doctor partly because I have no medical insurance and no money and partly because I didn't really believe that I had had a heart attack or was in that much danger. I was still on my feet.

8. duendy Registered Senior Member

metaKron, really sorry tp hear you having trouble with your health. my mum had a heart attack in 1963. a real shock. it inspired me to study bout nutrtion, cause especaillyin 1983 doctors knew jack shit about it!...still this ignorance exists. hospital food is absolute shite

i urge you to look into it if you haven't, cause all docs seem to do is push pills which in teir turn leech more nutrients outts your system......also drinking wate is good, and of course excercise as what you aredoing. and avoid stress when ever you can........where i live i hear ambulances a lot. people must be going down like flies......stress, shit food and drink.......

9. duendy Registered Senior Member

it wasn't 1963, it was 1983

10. GodlessEvil God is dead Registered Senior Member

Adhd and add was invented by drug companies to make lots of cash i reckon, making a small social problem a mental illness.
    Most people should be on drugs considering how widespread the symptoms are:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Often does not give close attention to details or makes careless mistakes in schoolwork, work, or other activities.

Often has trouble keeping attention on tasks or play activities.

Often does not seem to listen when spoken to directly.

Often does not follow instructions and fails to finish schoolwork, chores, or duties in the workplace (not due to oppositional behavior or failure to understand instructions).

Often has trouble organizing activities.

Often avoids, dislikes, or doesn't want to do things that take a lot of mental effort for a long period of time (such as schoolwork or homework).

Often loses things needed for tasks and activities (e.g. toys, school assignments, pencils, books, or tools).

Is often easily distracted.

Is often forgetful in daily activities.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

11. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

A "conspiracy" eh?

Hmm. Did you stop to consider the "you're full of shit and a sub-human" thing might be just as offensive? Personally I find the "everyone is out to get me and I take no responsibility for my situation" thing, simply insulting to humanity. You got screwed by a cruel mother and a sociopath or few. That sucks indeed, but IMO, you have the responsibility to get over it and saying "I can't" is simply indicative of lacking will. You CAN, you just won't, and at the drop of a hat you blame anyone you can for your problems. I notice below you didn't piss anyone off or perform poorly, THEY FORCED YOU to suck. I'm sorry you suck, but I'm not taking any responsiblity for it, especially if you can't bother. Why should I? Because you got screwed? Everyone has their adversity to overcome. I don't have the resources to feel bad for you, but you demand it of me anyway. No.

Well you were offered drugs, therapy, etc. Nothing worked? Are you really serious about getting better? IMO, you seriously can't/won't until you start taking responsibility for every aspect of your life, even if you can't control it. I doubt you can understand why even though I explained it in a post you ignored earlier. You can get a job if you can make an employer believe you're a good investment. If you are, that shouldn't be particularly difficult, though it might be time consuming.

I simply find this difficult to believe given your apparent track record of blaming everyone for your problems. In doing so, you make YOUR problems someone elses problem in your own mind, and thus are and will continue to be helpless to do anything about them.

Why would he do that? Are you sure you understand what "the job needed"? You think he was just bullying you eh? Is that it? Why am I bothering to ask and converse with you about anything when I know you're ignoring everything I say, or twisting it to fit your sub-human idea of me. Sigh.

They stressed you? So your stress is their responsibility? You seem like a lost cause. Always pointing the finger.

Maybe I've sold you short. Is there anything you take responsiblity for in your life? For instance, if I hit you in the face and you hit me back, are you responsible for having hit me? I take responsibility for instance, for my annoyance toward you in this thread. I don't apologize for it. It's human. Emotional reactions are part of life, and honestly it's my opinion that if words on a message board from people you don't even know actually hurt you, then you deserve to be hurt because YOU empowered it. You chose to.

Well it's good that you've still got some fight in you. If you'd just improve your attitude I think you'd be fine. I wonder if you're able. It would seem unlikely given a 40 year mental habit, than one could overcome it.

12. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

I do appreciate the suggestion very much. I am doing what I can afford to already, which may be why I'm still standing. Some of the things I take seem to mitigate all sorts of damage, and that's worth another thread itself. Physically, I could be better, could be worse, but I don't feel up to another episode yet.

13. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

Actually I was talking to a Psychiatrist one day about that very thing. What he said made perfect sense. It's all statistical. If I can find a statistical grouping of characteristics x, y and z... I can call it a "disorder" and design drugs to address it. Drug companies, like any other company for the most part - are in business to make money. In general, the best way to assure the capacity to make money in the long term is to build a good reputation as a company for selling quality products. Of course that's not the only way.. but regardless.

Note that over the last 30 years, corporal punishment and basically any negative re-enforcement of children's behavior in schools has been attacked through the court systems by people like duendy and metakron. Unfortunately, it was the only way the people involved understood how to maintain discipline in the classroom. As more and more lawsuits caused school districts to write panicked, reactionary policy to limit the scope of a teacher's actions and authority... other solutions had to be found for their problems. Enter the drug companies.

While I don't think that corporal punishment is necessarily a good idea in schools, it was the only thing they had going. Not every teach is mentally equipped to handle the disciplinary angle of a classroom. While the threat of physical punishment is crude, it was something. Now the teachers can't say anything to a student without the fear of losing their career for having done so. So what do you want them to do? You can't magically give every teacher in the world the ability to manage a bunch of potentially unruly children, so...

I don't think there's a good answer to this question at this time. Tryign to teach all the teachers proper child handling skills is a humongous resource drain. Bah. I wish I had a solution to the problem, but I don't think there are enough people who already have the skillz in that area that can also teach and would be willing to work for the pay offered to teachers. It's a tough scenario. It would seem like the most effective solution would be to take a step backwards by changing some laws to allow that stuff again I guess, though I don't really like the idea. It seems the most efficient.

Ideas?

14. GodlessEvil God is dead Registered Senior Member

I think corporal punishment (although crude) is effective it worked for my parents and worked for their parents, they did not behave like drunken yobs never bothering with schoolwork and stuff.
    I mean yeah they would have done bad stuff but face consequences, these days people use "mental illness" as an excuse "oh it is not his fault he has a condition"
    well a whip, belt or caine will soon fix that problem LOL.

Unless you are retarded or *actually* mental, everything else is in a sense psychosomatic, made by societys lack of real control, kids can by contrast to days of old get away with anything, whenever control ideas come along they are destroyed by some pinko.
    Parents are not at fault really, it is the lack of freedom a parent has is the problem.
    People will go on about child abuse, but some of it could be out of sheer frustration, others are isolated cases blown out of proportion as if every parent is gonna abuse their children.

15. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

Wes, your kind of help is ineffective for people who really need help and you sound like you just want to shove it down my throat for my own good. Step back and think. I know you've got brains. Act like it.

16. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

Oh, dear me. MetaKron. what are we to do. I reveal some details of my exposure to adult bullying that probably contributed to my present condition of health and wherein I allowed myself to be treated as a victim because I thought it was necessary in order to support my family. Your response: that was better.
    Ophiolite shows he was capable of great weakness and you think telling you about it was better. What the **** was better about that. I'm the same person who gave you advice you wouldn't listen to and that you called abusive. The advice was based upon those experiences that when recounted lead you to say 'that was better', yet you still choose to ignore the advice, and as far as I can tell still consider it abusive.
    I am staggered by that reply.
    I think it best if I walk away now. I hope the health issue is just tension and stress and not a genuine heart problem. As described, it could be either. Focus on getting the job. But please, recognise that we may not have total control of our own destiny, but we sure as heck can control some of it, and we can always control how we see ourselves.

17. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

All I want in this regard is for you to stop blaming everyone else for your troubles. In doing so, you may find that people are much more willing and motivated to actually help you help yourself. Even if you don't, you'll still start to rely on yourself to do what has to be done to solve your problems. I give you more credit than you give yourself in that I think you CAN solve your problems, no matter how fucked up they seem to you. That means about squat unless you agree, which you don't, which keeps you in a predicament (from my point of view). So long as you see a problem as unsolvable, it most certainly will be.

I wish I could actually be of help to you and find it annoying and frustrating that you can't find a way to let me. Of course you are in no way bound to do so, but villifying me and thinking of me as a bully and subhuman only re-enforces an already corrupted, bleak, uttlerly self-defeating world view. I have a hard time stomaching people who won't give themselves a chance. It's not that I want you harmed. I want you healed, so you can truly heal others rather than letting your helplessness meme spread.

I don't act except to amuse. I simply AM. I do. I'm here, now, in the moment, being me... accepting what's happening and dealing with it in the way that seems right. I can't help it if you can't see my brains. I'm not going to purposefully crack my skull open for you to peek in.

And I always step back and think. It's my nature.

PS: Regarding the above, it's simple economics. Nobody wants to invest in anything in which their investment is sure to be lost. By putting time into YOU, people express that they believe in you as capable of finding a way to self-reliance. If you do offer no return on that belief, people will generally lose interest over time.. realizing that their efforts are in vain and there's nothing that can be done to help you, as you don't believe you can be helped. You DO need the simple direction I and others have to offer you only in terms of becoming self reliant. Your rejection of it only validates the point. After that, what I have to say may or may not carry any weight with you. But what I'm saying now, should if you have any hope whatsoever of eventual recovery. It would seem to me that the first step is just thinking it possible that you can recover, of your own doing. Don't sell yourself short. Believe in yourself, you bastard.

At least that's how I see it.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2005
  18. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

Because to do so satiates their sense of futility in life. It demonstrates how powerless they are and by taking away someone elses power they achieve a false sense of value.

Metakron has something that the bully wants to take away. He has something that they can't possiby get on their own.

They use their power on others becasue they are powerless and by doing so they gain power. It is their wretched lives and their own conditioning that has created a self esteem so low that they must take the self esteem from others.
    People with low self esteem will by the very nature of the problem prop themselves up at the expense of others. Metakron is providing them with that prop.

If metakron is able to deny them that prop then the abuse will stop.

Unfortunately the conditioning can be so entrenched that the abused is caught up in their own viscious self esteem cycle where by self sabotage and self defeat are endlessly replaying in their lives thus self justifying a continuous re-cycling of self abuse.

A bit like punching yourself in the face all the time.

The most important thing is that it is Metakrons disgust at these abuses that continues to fuel the abuse.

In my own struggle with abuse what I normally do is say to myself that no one can possible abuse me more than I can myself.

I say "come on give me your best shot!!!" you are impotent to surpass the abuse I have already endured and survivied. "Hit me with everything you can muster and I will still laugh in your face because I am the Prince of surviving abuse. I can never be a two year old child again."

We are all born to suffer, some suffer more than others. The abuser only has power if he knows the abused is revolted by the abuse. And if the abuse is like a tiickling itch then the abuser has lost his power.
    So to defeat the abuser is to know that they can not even come close to the abuse already endured.

19. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

Metakron, maybe you would care to join me in another thread about the genisis of violence. The genisis of bullying and maybe discuss it from three perspectives, the bully, the victim, the witness?

What do you say?

20. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

Well said double Q.

I take slight issue to say we are born to suffer. It seems more in the spirit of the message to say we are all born to overcome suffering.

Oh and regarding your post directly above, breaking into into the categories is probably right, but any of the three can consider any of the other two any of the three, basically due to an inability to relate to the scenario as seen from other parties.

Do you think the bully and the victim end up playing different roles at different times based on circumstance? In the times when the bullying isn't directly present, are they then the witness? It is generally a one-way transition from victim to bully? It's interesting to contemplate this in the context of memes, as this one is unwillingly physically re-enforced in order to assure its transmission. It's like some sort of mental super-virus. Funky.

21. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

to use a virus analogy could be useful, as it allows a certain detachment from the subject which is normally very emotionally laden.

I think you have raised some valid points and a discussion in a thread devoted to it would be beneficial I reckon.

22. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

I just recalled some thoughts on the subject from a while ago that I think may be very relevant and often forgotten.

Underpinning most violent acts is a sense of injustice. The violent person has aquired in his life what he feels is a debt owed to him because of injustice in the past carried out against him/her. In the attempt to gain compensation for an earlier injustice [ usually child abuse ] the person will resort to violence driven by a deep seated anger at the injustices experienced earlier.
    For example a child that has been the subject of abuse will rebell against society as a way of attempting to balance an injustice that that society allowed to be carrie out. Seeking to avenge himself against an indifferent society, thus making them take notice of their crime of indifference.

Injustice seems to have one outcome and that is anger, this anger in turn tends to promote violence that is justified by the person being violent.

An acute sense of justice is maintained and any injustice real or imaginary will invoke violence.
    A sort of acute justice monitoring psychological state exists making the person very sensitive to this issue. Any perceived injustice triggers an angry response. Especially if it is percieved as injustice towards that particular person.

This thread is a good example of the cycle of injustice sensitivity. IMO [ by all posters including myself and possibly excluding the original thread starter Brutus]
    From my research in the mental health field acute injustice consciousness is very prevalent amongst psychiatric inpatients. I might add that the emphasis is extremely focussed upon injustice and not Justice. Justice being delegated to a position of lesser importance in the victims perception. Focussing on only injustices and not Justice(s) sort of thing.

In some ways terrorism has it's primary genisis in injustice, imaginary or real.

Any way I just thought I'd share my recollection of thoughts on the subject.

23. duendy Registered Senior Member

woooooo thereeee wiat a moment. what is this! QQ is givng us a synopsis about thepossibilities of the origins of the bulyying impulse and violence in general, and een talks about 'psychiatric patients' wit out any reponse to the fact tat all that ISviolenceby a mental health authority!!!......AND when i first read QQ...apost or two ago talking about how bullies want power over others cause tey are powerless i assumed he wasincluding te bullies HERE.............! ...errr rmmber, who have been attacking MetaKron wit abusively in te face verbiage. bu apparently no. so....howt fuck ca we get into this subject if people start of blind andnot being honest? get me??,

and wes morris, if yer listening, dont put wordsinto my mouth. yu assume i likeother 'pinkos' p 'pussies' a i am sur you'd eloquently label people who dont agree wid your fascist self--would not want to see kids slapped in school

well, dude, when i was at school it was allowed and pissed me off big stlye. i was a rebel, andwould havebeen WELL drugged if tis peudobullshitehad been around then

listen....i know its hard for you, but try. i am questioning NOT druggin or slapping, but te very INSTITUION of school. got it now?