Living With ADHD

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by Brutus1964, Jul 30, 2005.

1. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

Well, I'm sorry to hear you think that way. Please identify, for yourself, what in my last post was in anyway abusive. Really, go and re-read it. Tell me where I abuse you. Where?
    The abuse is in your mind. You control your mind. You, not me, not wes, not anyone else. You. Use that control. Stop being a victim. You are better than that. The only downside to accepting this is that the two bullying abusers, Ophiolite and Wes, turn out to be right. Which is better? A lifetime of abuse, or admitting that two people you don't know may actually understand your situation better than you will currently admit.
    You do not need to be a victim. Not now, not ever.
    Again, your choice. Your choice.
    [You might also want to ask what on Earth do we gain by pretending to help? I don't see that one at all.]

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

By pretending to be helpful you get your hooks into me. I doubt if you even intend to be helpful, Ophiolite, and even if you did, I have the absolute right to be critical of the gifts that you offer. When it is a more sophisticated method of yanking me around, your gift has little or no value.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. duendy Registered Senior Member

You have great insight, and hav e defo seen right trough the terrible twins of social darwinism.....well done mate, and sorry bout your troubles dude

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

YOU CAN'T BE HELPED. YOU ALREADY SAID IT. WE TRY, BUT IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN BECAUSE YOU'VE MADE UP YOUR MIND BEFORE ASKING. You're a sabatuer. A condition exists in which you are the only one on earth with a key to a lock. Then you stand there screaming "get me a key to this lock!, someone, please!!!!!!!" and get all indignant that people tell you it's right there around your neck. You suck.

You are just a paranoid victim little bitch who pisses me the fuck off because you blame everyone for not fixing shit that only you can fix. It drives me insane to see such sickness.

Wow, stamping your feet and crossing your arms. Impressive. Just keep your fingers in your ears pal. *sigh*

It is disgusting to make such a comparison. This is a forum. It's digital. You are in no risk whatsoever except of not taking advantage of wisdom. You can't be hurt by these words unless you allow it. You allow it, then blame ME and/or Ophiolite (who is SO much more polite and restrained than myself on this issue) because you allow it.

It's your problem. You solve it. You've been shown the door, I can't open it for you.

8. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

Metakron, I made my last post before seeing your most recent.. You’re on your own. Good luck. But before I go here is a small list:

You are full of crap.
    Your denial (of humanoid monsters) is pathetic.
    Your kind hasn't upgraded from "we're right and you're stupid and if you don't believe us we'll kick your heads in and shut you up."
    You have revealed yourself as a bully here, who is willing to continue the victimization of people right now.
    You should be neutered.
    Your genes are of horribly negative value to the human race.
    I don't even think of you as human.
    Please place yourself within range of my fists sometime.
    It remains to be seen whether you are a destroyer of human life or someone who has merely been co-opted.
    Do you wish to come up with a convincing way to persuade me that you are a real human being?
    You are missing the nurturing side (of the human personality) and treating it with contempt.
    You have declared yourself to be a candidate for the Hall of Shame.

These are things you have said about me. Don’t you think they are maybe just a tiny bit abusive?

9. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

Hooks?

Digital hooks?

What hooks do we have here at sci?

How could you possibly be "hooked"?

Who would want YOU, and your disgusting attitude "hooked"?

Even if you weren't disgusting in mind, what would be the advantage of having you "hooked"?

Why would anyone want to do so even if possible?

This is paranoia....

Oh wait. This is becoming clear.

I get it.

And there's no reasoning with the unreasonable. I take it you are FUNDAMENTALLY unreasonable, as in - lacking the capacity to reason.

Buh-bye.

10. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

When you two show me some wisdom, I'll use it. Your form of rehabilitation was debunked so long ago that you and Ophiolite were probably not even born yet. All you are doing is recycling crap that was pretty thoroughly discredited by 1980, and so are the psychologists. I consider it to be a form of torture.

Neither one of you handles criticism particularly well. I've seen you both use name-calling before you even received criticism back, so you've definitely got bugs up your asses too. Like I told Ophiolite in another thread, you don't want to be thought of as bullies, get rid of the beany and put on a decent shirt. In other words, don't go around making yourself look like them. If you really are some kind of helper, you place way too high a value on shock and on Darwinism. These things only work on those people who are able to do it themselves. They didn't need anyone's help in the first place. In fact, what I am complaining about is a small group of people who placed themselves in my way and deliberately damaged me when I was helping myself. Even I, as paranoid as I was before, did not actually believe that after 20 years of being away from those people they would come to me and do the things that they did. Had they not deliberately hurt me, I would be caught up on my bills, I would be gainfully employed, and I would be too busy to talk to you right now.

The comparison stands. Toxic friends are no help. If I could have woken up from this nightmare I already would have and I have received more than enough shock treatment and Darwinism, aka trying to fix a broken clock by smashing it against a wall. There are real sociopaths who have real agendas and people who refuse to recognize this or who blame the victim are part of the problem.

11. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

If you wish me to exercise some sort of introspection, do it for yourself first. These were in response to abuse by you and Wes. You treat me with contempt, you get a faceful.

I really don't need your help anyway because I am better at this stuff than you are. Your ideas of help are the lowest grade, lowest-common denominator, and you haven't figured out that being a Quisling doesn't help.

I can't help you. You need my help very badly but you don't have the capacity to understand that. I feel sorry for you.

12. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

Duendy, half the time I don't understand why they are taking off the way they do. Mention anything and they go into that spiel that comes straight from the "minds" of abusers. They are terribly offended that I would think that people who deliberately damaged me actually deliberately damaged me. Where does that come from? I see a lot of mental dissociation here. I see a lot of deflection. When some sociopath accosts me on the street and punches me in the jaw because it gives him a thrilling sensation in his groin, how does this relate back to some fancy-label psychobabble problem that I have because of an imbalance in my brain chemistry? Even if he were responding to some nerd pheremone, would that make it OK?

Excuses for bullying don't wash. Verbally attacking a victim of bullying for mentioning his problems identifies a person positively as an abuser, no matter what that person thought he was doing. They would force me to confront my abuse with absolutely no power to do anything about it and blame me for the results when it goes bad again. What causes people to identify a victim as the one who is wrong and must be "treated" while they won't identify the bully and "treat" and confine him? Just as much as living with the possibility of being attacked and physically injured or driven from employment, I have to live with people who can't and won't do anything about the sociopaths who commit these criminal acts. I have to live with Quislings and collaborators and just plain closeted bullies. If I fuck off my helpers at least I get rid of half the problem.

13. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

One more time. When and where in this thread did I abuse you?

14. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

" Kotoko, Duendy is locked into a self obssessed diatribe against them"

As far as I am concerned, when you said that it was on.

15. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

I have to leap in here, re your "When some sociopath accosts me on the street and punches me in the jaw". Some years ago myself and a couple of friends asked some other youths (I was young then) not to break bottles in the street as they would be a danger to others, especially young children. They crossed the street to argue the case with us. At one point the one I was talking to head butted me on the jaw. It was rather painful as I recall. My reaction: I said "There. That exactly proves my point. You are a mindless moron who has to resort to physical violence when you are losing an argument. That headbutt was not even relevant to our discussion."
    Frankly, the whole incident seemed to be more of a problem for him than for me. Why? Because I refused to allow such an attack to control me; to generate the expected reaction; to make me a victim.
    As I recall it took me around two seconds to get over it - that was merely to regain my balance. Hitting me was irrelevant. Why should I heed it? Was it wrong? Of course it was, but so what? I mean I had already experienced some pain courtesy of this yob. i certainly wasn't going to also allow him to effect my mental state as well. Why would you?

16. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

See? You really do have no idea what I'm talking about.

17. duendy Registered Senior Member

HI MetaKron.......You are right. it is the victim that gets blamed by the attitudes , as actually being DEMONSTRATED here....god help the child who would ask them for help wit bullying. they would be thrown in te lion's den to..make them a 'maaaan'...wo yeah. soon --if succesful, tey'll graduate to guns. cause thatsa what real men do, who wont be 'victims'.....schools aint looked at, rotten institutions aint looked at, corrupt government and secret government aint looked at.....no. we can see tis pattern reeeel goood. they apparently cant

surely being a real victim isa when you hav got ya head stuck right up yer arse in the shit

18. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

The thing that has pissed me off the most here is that you (Ophiolite) don't want to know what Duendy and I have been talking about, but then you want to pontificate as if you know all of the facts already. I'll say it again, WTH does that come from? That alone is abusive. If you were so smart I wouldn't have to explain it to you.

19. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

I abused Duendy not you. I have not abused you.
    OK. I'll make it easy for you. Since you seem to think I an inhuman bully who should be neutered I shall make it true. You can exchange your little pms with Duendy (of course we know about them!) about how I finally revealed my true colours.

Metakron you are a _________, _____, _____ ________. Your _____ and _____ are such a _____ _____ and _____ _____ to any decent person that ______ ___ _______ _________ _____. Basically, ______ ________ ________ ________ ________ ________ ________ _______.

Metakron, please fill in the blanks with suitably offensive words and phrases. I think you will do a much more effective job of this than I.

Now, finally, good night.

20. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

Throwing us into the lion's den is pretty redundant because we already live there. What I've seen in this thread is jeering at us for being hurt after someone punched us out. This garbage is indeed abuse disguised as efforts to help.

If I solved my problems like a "real man" I would have been in and out of jail a few times, because a "real man" who faces the crap I have goes out and actually beats the offenders to a bloody pulp. One of the reasons that the "real man" doesn't usually spend a lot of time in jail is because the offenders leave him alone after a few beatings.

Ophiolite's example is damned weak. If he was able to talk that one person down after the head-butt, he didn't face anything like what I have faced. Six effing years old they come out of nowhere in groups. Do you think that 40 years ago bullies didn't know that they could be talked out of beating someone up if they allowed the person to speak? So they just grabbed me and threw me down and beat me.

What do Ophiolite and Wes get out of this?

21. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Go ahead and add me to your list of bullies then. Because I've been following this thread and just can't get over how much of a pathetic miserable little shit you are.

I don't recall anyone recommending you go out and beat anybody up except for someone mentioning that you shouldn't be threatening physical violence on the people in this thread when your real issue is with these people that picked on you when you were six years old.

It's you that are mentioning physical violence. Nobody else.

The advice I've seen is for you to stop dwelling on the past. Shit happened. Ok. It was bad. Poor you. You were victimized.
    Big fucking shit.
    Now you carry that victimization with you like a badge of honor. Part of your identity.

I recall from that other thread you jumped into and hijacked with your pathetic whining you said that you came back to town after time away. I suspect that you expected time to have healed the wounds and that they'd accept you after all this time. But it turns out they just started picking on you again...
    So what?
    Fuck them.

Shit. What to even say to you? You ignore anything that doesn't jibe with your obsessions...

I love how you've latched on to Duendy so fiercely.
    Finally. Someone who likes you. Right?
    Hey. Glad you found a friend. But the fact of the matter is that the shit that Duendy was spewing earlier in this thread (and the shit that he spews in many other threads) has nothing to do with your bullying world-view.

Anyway.
    You're just such a pathetic weenie that I don't doubt you get picked on in the real world. If this is any clue as to how you carry yourself in general...

Is your name picklehead, by any chance? (He was a kid that was picked on badly in my school. And. Yes. I did my share of picking on him. And. I even carried this bullying on into later years. Sort of. You see. He thought to try to interject himself into the group in later years. Showing up at parties to which he wasn't invited. He wasn't welcome and it was made plain that he wasn't welcome. Nobody went out of their way to pick on him, they just made him aware that he wasn't in a place where he was welcome. No harm in that. (It's a matter of trust. Things happen at parties. You don't want strangers or people you don't trust present. Actually, I suspect he was working for the police when he tried becoming 'friends' with his old tormentors...) I do feel bad for him sometimes. He didn't really deserve the shit he got. He was just a social failure. His family was very christian and I suspect that his upbringing was twisted in some ways that those outside his family never knew... Maybe even sexual abuse. Or psychological abuse. Or perhaps he was just weird... or who knows... As you say, the bullying perpetuates itself. The reasons for its beginning are chaotic as it is merely the caprice of children but the patterns become entrenched after time. In both bully and victim. You're an excellent example of this entrenchment.)

(By the way. Even though I'm sure you've placed me squarely in the role of bully now (I've even invited you to do so) I have spent my share of time being bullied. Attempted anyway. The situation is complex. I was an oddball myself and thus the attempt was made by some to ostracize me. But, it never worked. I generally made them look foolish in their attempts (although I was beat up a time or two) and was generally well-liked even if never fully accepted as some others were. It's kinda strange, really. The weird networks of chldren's lives. I never really cared one way or the other and much of the attempted scorn just dripped off of me because of it. Nothing pisses a bully off more than to realize the depths of his impotence, by the way. The bully is powerless. You give him all his power.)

Anyway.
    If your true desire is to speak of this bullying, then why don't you start a thread on it rather than hijack every thread you touch with it?
    I realize that bullying is the center of your existence (and that you'd probably completely vanish were it to removed from your consciousness) but it's not really germane to ever discussion under the sun.

Start a thread.
    Try to be clear and concise.
    Have a point.
    See what happens.
    (And do try not to whine. A good piece of advice would be to attempt to depersonalize the situation somewhat.)

I think that a well-written thread might be interesting. My mind has often turned to those unfortunates who were so horribly ostracized as children. Some for being fat. Some for stinking. Some for being stupid. Some for being smart. Some for having a funny name. Some for just being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

A child's world is a horrible one in many way. Cruel and hierarchic.
    What's even worse is when the failures of that system carry their angst with them well into their later lives. (Take the instance of Picklehead being made to feel unwelcome at our parties. This isn't exactly a carryover from the earlier bullying. It's more a matter of trust. The motivations were different.)

I hope that you someday work your problems out, dude. But I doubt you will. You can't teach an old dog new tricks. You're branded.
    A real pity.
    There's always hope though.

22. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

It's obvious that I can't count on people like you to grow up or leave me alone, Invert.

23. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Why should you have to count on 'people like me' for anything?

As to 'leaving you alone'. Consider what I said about Picklehead. He was left alone. He was only picked on in later years when he tried interjecting himself into social situations in which he wasn't welcome. Situations which required a certain amount of trust which wasn't there for him.

Mark what I said about him probably working for the police. I find the odds of this very high. And after he failed to enter the 'group' another who was more of a clique-straddler in school (like I was) did the job. Several of my friends spent prison-time because of this incident. (Drugs.)

Why do you think that you should be allowed to go where you're not welcome? Do you think that you have the right to place yourself into any social situation you wish?

If so. Then don't you think you should be liable to the consequences of your decisions?

Make a careful note of what I'm saying. I'm asking about what you are doing. Not what others are doing. I don't give a shit about any of them. They're not important to the discussion (the off-topic discussion.)

You are the center of your existence.
    Do you take responsibility for anything that happens in your life?