Live Music

Discussion in 'Art & Culture' started by lokee, Sep 8, 2002.

1. lokee Registered Member

Who are your top 5 favorite live bands?
    Mine are,

1. Tool (unbelievable, life changing experience)
    2. Slipknot (extremely entertaining stage show)
    3. Coal Chamber (don't know...just a great show both times around)
    4. Hed (pe) (fuckin love MCUD, he's awesome)
    5. 40 Below Summer (great energy)

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Adam §Þ@ç€ MØnk€¥ Registered Senior Member

1) Guns n Roses. I saw them in the Use Your Illusion tour.

2) Andrew Hoskings & Coupe DeVille. A local pub band, they played this area for a zillion years. Now it's just The Andrew Hoskings Band.

3) Chunky. A local pub band in Fremantle. Damn good.

Hmm, can't think of any more I really like live.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. justme Registered Senior Member

dont know my top 5 favourites exactly, but one of the performances i really enjoyed was from dido...she has her band that plays live, and she has such a beautiful voice. at the beginning of the show, she said she had a really bad flu or cold, so she was ill and apologised that her voice wasnt in the best condition, but you didnt hear it at all, and she gave a really good and impressive show

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Tyler Registered Senior Member

4) Judas Priest. Entertaining.

3) Rolling Stones. Only this low because I haven't gone yet!!! I have tickets to the upcoming Toronto concert! YES!!!!!!!!

2) Green Day. By far, far and away a small-venue band. I've seen them in both the SkyDome (which is huge) and a danky little club. The danky little club atmosphere made their show absolutely incredible.

1) MMW. A jazz band that apparently nobody but me, my friends and a bunch of underground jazz hippies. Anyway, they are an unbelievable band on album. At their concerts however, six minute songs turn into 22 minute improv-songs based around the recorded songs. I beg of you - if MMW is ever playing near you; get a bag of pot and pay the $15 to see them.