List Your Favorite PC Games

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by sderenzi, Oct 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kunax Sciforums:Reality not required Registered Senior Member

your just a regular energizer bunny aren't you

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

what's it now 4 years since i tried it or only 3? it feals so long ago.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

I think it was something like 2.5 years ago. I can still remember how 30,000 gp in the bank was a lot of money! Not so long ago I died when i was browsing a forum at the same time and lost 10 million gp in equipment. Stuff that I was just wearing and had on me (had full guthans for healing and another armour set on my for regular melee).

The game is still the same though. I like to play it a bit to relax after a stressful day. The game is nice in a sense because with hard work you can actually progress unlike real life.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Sarkus Hippomonstrosesquippedalo phobe Valued Senior Member

Rome: Total War - although preferred the Medieval setting and variety of the Medieval game - so can't wait for "Medieval: Total War 2".

Call of Duty 2 - just for the sheer adrenaline of the set-pieces when playing it the first time through - and multi-player is good fun.

UFO: Enemy Unknown - the original and best turn-based strategy game from the mid-90s that I'm still enjoying today. This was in the days when gameplay still seemed to matter

Icewind Dale - ah - the 6-party hack'n'slash with 1e AD&D rules. Bliss.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. imaplanck. Banned Banned

Yeah civ 2 was awesome 8 years ago, i should have included that. The latest civ totally sucks ass though!

8. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

There is only WOW.

Blackwing layer last night, took down the three drakes (though I was only present for two).

I really liked san andreas.

I also have Prey and she's totally right, it's amazing.

9. AntonK Technomage Registered Senior Member

I haven't had nearly as much time for games as I would prefer, but I spend a good amount of time playing Eve Online -- an MMORPG similar to WoW and sorts, but SciFi based and the crowd is a bit more mature in my opinion. Takes a great deal more skill and effort to be good.

-AntonK

10. geodesic "The truth shall make ye fret" Registered Senior Member

Ah yes, I used to play this for ages, along with X-Wing. Excellent games.

11. Kunax Sciforums:Reality not required Registered Senior Member

UFO: Enemy Unknown, now there is a game worth remembering.

X-Wing hmm i liked Tie-Fighter much much more, broke a few joysticks playing that.

WOW is just crap, item, level and class based it cannot get much worse but it does, crafting is crap as well and PVP is not even there(and no BG's is not PVP). also the world is static and small not to mention that many thing repeat then self again and again, from a technical and gameplay pov. WOW is a step backwards.

12. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

Wow is mostly a social thing for me. The endgame stuff is pretty cool though. It takes 40 people to get most of it done, and it's pretty cool to get 40 people together and make anything happen in that silly game. That and I have several friends there that amuse me greatly.

The game is ok, the scenic graphics aren't bad. One thing I noticed last night that really kind of got on my nerves is that my armor is just dull grey colored, when it should be all shiny. The closeup details of the graphics are pretty suckish.

13. firdroirich A friend of The Friends Registered Senior Member

Minesweeper, Backgammon, Blackjack.

14. geodesic "The truth shall make ye fret" Registered Senior Member

There's not enough challenge in minesweeper.

15. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

ahum...compare that to runescape:

16. phonetic stroking my banjo Registered Senior Member

Monkey Island series, Sam n Max, Day of the Tentacle, etc. Any sierra point'n'click!

Half Life 1+2/CS

Battlefield 1942 - still play coop with an american bud a lot. Iwo Jima fucking rocks.

Duke Nukem 3d was my first proper pc game and what an intro

I remember a 2d flight simulation game for the pc. There were a lot of different kinds of planes/helicopters and missions to complete. The last mission I remember was: I had to rescue some people from the sea with a winch, but I don't think I got to finish it and can't remember the name. Any ideas? This was circa 1996.

Gran Turismo 2, back in the day. Tony Hawks 1 + 2. Tiger Woods - great with a few j's and your mates.

Chess (on the net

)

m$haft flight sim 9 / 2004 - I need a new pc before I get 10 / x

17. phonetic stroking my banjo Registered Senior Member

Runescape is a little monotonous after a while. I got severely pissed off with mining. If I was mining that often, I'd build a fucking wheelbarrow instead of walking to the bank every time I'd filled my pockets with ore.

18. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

Ya get what ya pay for I spoze.

Yeah I couldn't play that piece of crap.

My wife did for a while but WoW ruined it for her.

There's a video on youtube somewhere comparing the two. It's a joke.

You'd probably like wow if you're into runescape. It's basically the same game except done much better. I've just gotten to start doing endgame stuff in the last couple of months and I must say, it's cool. You can't just go to Blackwing Lair and kill stuff. It takes a shitload of people, highly coordinated and good strategy, and the drops are amazing.

On the other hand, there's not much for an endgame player in the game without an endgame guild... so you can't really do shit solo except battlegrounds perhaps, in which you're placed in a random team unless you're in a pvp guild. That and everything that you do, once you've bothered to get 40 people together for a raid... well, it takes 4 fucking hours. It's a smidge annoying but it's pretty damned sweet when you finally take down a big bad boss like Ragnoros or Vael or something. There are serious badass bosses in WoW. Fo shizzle.

19. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

Corncob 3D was the earliset game I remember playing.

Terminal Velocity was cool too.

20. thedevilsreject Registered Senior Abuser Registered Senior Member

i like runescape for a while but after level 45 i couldnt be bothered with the game. i played for a while on other mmorpgs but the same thing happened. my favourite games are the total war games, i prefer consol versions of all the other games

21. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

This isn't mine. Just posted it for contrast. I'll post one of my own when I get home and remember.

22. Roman Banned Banned

Diablo 1
    Starcraft Brood War
    SimLife
    SimCity 2000

23. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

Caesar III

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.