Lion Mutilates 42 Midgets in Cambodian Ring-Fight

Discussion in 'World Events' started by cosmictraveler, Jun 5, 2005.

1. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Spectators cheered as entire Cambodian Midget Fighting League squared off against African Lion
    Tickets had been sold-out three weeks before the much anticipated fight, which took place in the city of Kâmpóng Chhnãng.

The fight was slated when an angry fan contested Yang Sihamoni, President of the CMFL, claiming that one lion could defeat his entire league of 42 fighters.

Sihamoni takes great pride in the league he helped create, as was conveyed in his recent advertising campaign for the CMFL that stated his midgets will "... take on anything; man, beast, or machine."

This campaign is believed to be what sparked the undisclosed fan to challenge the entire league to fight a lion; a challenge that Sihamoni readily accepted.

An African Lion (Panthera Leo) was shipped to centrally located Kâmpóng Chhnãng especially for the event, which took place last Saturday, April 30, 2005 in the city’s coliseum.

The Cambodian Government allowed the fight to take place, under the condition that they receive a 50% commission on each ticket sold, and that no cameras would be allowed in the arena.

The fight was called in only 12 minutes, after which 28 fighters were declared dead, while the other 14 suffered severe injuries including broken bones and lost limbs, rendering them unable to fight back.

Sihamoni was quoted before the fight stating that he felt since his fighters out-numbered the lion 42 to 1, that they “… could out-wit and out-muscle [it].”

Unfortunately, he was wrong.

http://www.geocities.com/tazidevil/BBC_NEWS_World_Lion_Mutilates_42_Midgets.html

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Communist Hamster Cricetulus griseus leninus Valued Senior Member

It was a fake. Look:

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. DarkEyedBeauty Pirate. Registered Senior Member

I would have just thought that it was something from The Onion.

The Onion

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I was just having a little fun with it, you see me winking eye don't you?

8. DarkEyedBeauty Pirate. Registered Senior Member

9. Jagger Registered Senior Member

Did this happen or not??

The link shows the story published by the BBC. I assume it is true although incredibly barbaric.

10. Communist Hamster Cricetulus griseus leninus Valued Senior Member

The link is on geocities, it is a well designed fake. Also my picture shows someone confessing that he made it all up.

11. rob k Registered Senior Member

I'm very surprised of the BBC

The guy that does their research will no doubt be in bother!

12. Odin'Izm Procrastinator Registered Senior Member

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
    ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
    ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
    ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

13. certified psycho Beware of the Shockie Monkey Registered Senior Member

Sound hard to believe

14. Giskard brainious maximus Registered Senior Member

Oh, I thought it was another reality TV show.

15. Lawdog Digging up old bones Registered Senior Member

That was The Best New Story I Have Ever Read.
    I was both sad and glad When I Discovered It Was A Fake

16. TheAcridApe Mt. Monkey Resident Registered Senior Member

Hey Communist Hamster did you scan that image? Because it has the articale about banksy on it. Are you in London?

17. Communist Hamster Cricetulus griseus leninus Valued Senior Member

I am in Britain yes, I got the article from the Sunday Times