Lights over Santiago (2014)

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Magical Realist, Jan 3, 2016.

1. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

I thought balloons with flares at first. But then as you observe the lights go out, you see a dimmer craft with blinking lights flying away to the right. It's certainly curious.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Daecon Kiwi fruit Valued Senior Member

Really? "Mothership"?

That's not an unbiased and objective analysis at all.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

paddoboy likes this.
  4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

What? You accuse the YouTube UFO channel of not being objective?? I think that's worthy of an infarction.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

8. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

And again on Dec 15th 2015:

9. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Another view on the Dec 15 2015 sighting:

Last edited: Jan 4, 2016
  10. Russ_Watters Not a Trump supporter... Valued Senior Member

Looks like airplanes in a landing pattern to me. When the planes are coming toward the camera, they look like they are barely moving and multiple planes look close together. Then they turn left, about a minute apart, toward the airport, appear to move faster and get dimmer because the landing lights are no longer pointed at the camera. In at least one clip, you can see the blinking strobes that all planes carry.

Here's similar example:

11. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

The lights are spread out too much to be an airplane at that distance. If they are single craft, their size is enormous. See video in post #6.

Compare that to an approaching airplane with its landing lights on:

12. Russ_Watters Not a Trump supporter... Valued Senior Member

The video is zoomed-in by at least a factor of 10 and you don't really know the distance. The lights are arrayed in triangles, exactly as they should be for landing lights and you can see the blinking strobes on the wingtips. They are almost certainly airplanes.
    They look pretty similar except that the video in post #6 is much higher resolution and much more zoom.

Heck, in the comments for the video in the OP, several people (had to translate...) say they are likely military aircraft flying together.

Someone who spends so much time looking at such videos really should put some effort into learning about them. By now you should be able to interpret them better.

13. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

I do know how far they are. In the first video they come up over a mountain range that looks to be at least 20-30 miles away. There's no way a plane that far is going to show that kind of separation in landing lights. Even at just a mile, as seen in the plane video, the lights appear as one light. There is no shape and no triangular pattern at that distance such as we see in these ufos. And the lights are far too bright at that distance. You'll have to come up with something else.

Oh so now their not jetliners landing but military craft flying in formation? Make up your mind..

Look, I hear this old claim of military craft with just about every night sighting of ufos. That there's supposedly military craft flying around at night shining down bright lights and putting on some kind of show for clueless people. I've never heard of this ever happening. I've never seen it on the news or anything. If the military is doing night ops, they are trying to fly stealthily not in formation with bright lights for all the world to see. It's a dubious attempt to dismiss something that is real and unaccountable.

14. Daecon Kiwi fruit Valued Senior Member

Why is it that the first conclusion you jump to is "alien spaceships"?

krash661 likes this.
  15. Bells Staff Member

Wow..

They must be really kind aliens. I mean, they even made sure to have all the required flashing lights that planes and helicopters have when flying... Very considerate of them. Probably didn't want some earthly craft not to crash into them, so they were good enough to turn on the exact flashing lights earthly flying craft have on..

Are you serious? Do you live in a backwater where flying craft do not dare venture?

Have you never watched a cop's show, like COPS, when they are chasing someone and the police helicopters have their spotlights shining on whoever they are chasing? This is how bright they can be:

[Source]

[Source]

In Oklahoma after a tornado went through and destroyed towns, they used helicopters at night because of those spotlights:

As for military helicopters flying around and scaring 'clueless people'..

FAYETTEVILLE, Tenn.(WHNT)-Night flights by military helicopters are riling up residents in Lincoln County, Tennessee, with many swamping emergency lines at the sheriff's office Tuesday evening.

Lincoln County Sheriff Murray Blackwelder told WHNT News 19 that 911 lines were flooded for several hours as residents from one end of the county to the other reported helicopters hovering over their homes and shining spotlights.

"We got numerous calls from all over the county," said Blackwelder. "The helicopter would hover over the top of it, light the house up, light their property up, their barns, then move onto another area and do the same thing all over again.

Emergency dispatchers said they eventually lost track of how many calls they took, with helicopter sightings coming in from the Alabama-Tennessee state line to the far north end of the county.

A spokesperson at the Madison County Executive Airport in Meridianville told WHNT News 19 that a fleet of Lakota Army Helicopters were likely in the area participating in a National Guard drill. Officials there did not explain why the helicopters were allegedly shining lights into houses, and did not respond to our request for an on-camera interview. Alabama Air National Guard Spokesman Maj. Andrew Richardson told WHNT News 19 that the helicopters were not part of his unit, and did not know where the choppers originated from. Officials at Redstone Arsenal said they were checking to see if the helicopters were associated with the base, but did not immediately know if they were. WHNT News 19 is continuing to track down details on where the helicopters originate from and what their mission was.

[...]

"I seen it over my house, it sat there and hovered for about twenty minutes and shined its light into peoples' houses," said Lincoln County resident Gary Creson. "Some people was in bed asleep and it woke 'em up, and it's sort of bad for someone to shine a light in your bedroom and stuff...I would say it's a violation of privacy. My neighbors kept calling me wanting to know if a prisoner had escaped or if somebody was hurt and they was trying to find them."

One poor person in the comments section commented on the fact that they are disabled and the antics of the helicopters scared the crap out of them and their dogs.

If its Training Exercises, then I should be made aware before they hover over my house and scare the mess out of me and my dogs…….Im disabled and had to call someone to come sit with me to be sure no one was going to come busting through my doors !!!! Escapee from Ga, Someone in Grant area and a guy who had shot someone in Huntsville was on the loose and reported to be dangerous was being reported on the evening news !!!!
    Training Exercises are planned ahead of time….theres no reason we shouldnt be made aware of these sessions. At least tell the Law in the area whats happening so when people start calling 911 they can answer our concerns…….Theres no excuse for not warning the public of their training runs!!! If that is what it is…………..or was…………

krash661 likes this.
  16. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Right. During disaster relief missions and in pursuing criminals helicopters fly around at night with spotlights. So what? Tell me what that has squat to do with the claim that the military puts on impromptu light shows at night in low flying formations over cities for unsuspecting citizens to go into a panic about. It doesn't happen. And if it ever did, it'd get reported as what it was. But if you observe the well-documented history of ufo sightings, strange lights in triangular formations is almost routine. Whatever ufos are, they WANT us to see them. That much we know about them.

17. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Where did I say alien spaceships? Quote that for me...

18. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Reported for harrassment and insult

19. Daecon Kiwi fruit Valued Senior Member

So what do you think the lights are?

20. Bells Staff Member

No one panicked, dude. I am sure if there had been a "panic", especially in a crowded city, we'd have heard about it. I would have expected at least a stampede of some sort.. There were no screaming public running for their lives and it only made the news after it was posted on a UFO page on youtube or website. And miraculously, no one else in a whole city saw these lights or filmed them thinking they were a UFO. In the whole of Santiago Chile, during early evening, when people would have been driving or walking about, being December 22 and so close to Christmas, that no one, not a single other person saw or filmed this because it was a UFO. Which leads me to believe they were helicopters and no one really bothered to note it or film it, except this one girl, who apparently had a freak out when she saw lights in the distance and filmed it badly.

You could even see the tops of those "lights" fuzzing out because of the rotors moving the air around it. Not to mention the flashing lights that one often sees on helicopters when they are flying. You can also see them on planes as well and it is why you can spot them flashing from so far away.

As for military helicopters turning on their lights and scaring people, the story from a news article about military or perhaps other helicopters scaring people enough that at least one required a neighbour to come and stay with them because they were so afraid, and others were so concerned, they lit up the 911 operator's about it. Have you never seen police or military helicopters using their spotlight and shining it on houses or cars or even people as they are walking? Like, you know, take a drive at night and suddenly there's a giant light shining on your car and it's the police helicopter? I've lost count of the amount of times that's happened to me and the first time, scared me and the others in the car half to death. But that is what happens when you are driving around in the dead of night when you work nightshift.

21. Bells Staff Member

That would only be an insult if you did live in some backwater.. No, really, you think that is an insult? Do you live in what people presume is a backwater, so much so that you find it insulting that people say this to you, because it is not a backwater?

And harassment? For responding to you with.. duh duh duuuuuuuuuuh.. "FACTS"..

Nah dude. See, they are aliens. And they are coming. COMING. In stealth of course, which is why a whole city full of people, a city with a population of over 5 million people, only one person saw it.

She must have special powers.

GASP!

She must be one of THEM! A hybrid! Screaming because they were coming back for her..

22. Bells Staff Member

Title of the video you posted in your OP buddy..

"UFOs mothership over Santiago de Chile December 2014 OVNI"

One can only assume you mean "alien spaceships", unless of course you think the Chilean airforce has a mothership for its helicopters and other air craft..?

23. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

I'm a bit confused. Can you clarify?

Military craft flying around at night shining down bright lights and putting on some kind of show for clueless people is an implausible "old claim"?

But UFOs flying around at night shining down bright lights and putting on some kind of show for clueless people is plausible?