Life on Mars Canceled!

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by madanthonywayne, Mar 5, 2009.

1. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Fuck, damn, son of a bitch, shit, Barbara Strisand!! Those Assholes at ABC have cancelled Life on Mars, my favorite new show. The good news is they're going to show all the episodes that were ordered and the last episode was even written as a "series finale". So we may get some resolution. But, damnit, this was a great new show with good acting and some intelligence to it. Heaven forbid a network allow such a show time to find its audience. Gotta make room for another reality show! Check out the story below.
    http://blogs.courant.com/roger_catlin_tv_eye/2009/03/life-on-mars-cut-short.html

Last edited: Mar 5, 2009
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

Stupid fucks determine the TV schedule. Any show that caters to the smart will have a hard time staying on air.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

Links broke - Barbara did it???

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. superstring01 Moderator

Are you kidding?

Goddamnit!

This totally blows.

~String

8. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Link's fixed.
    Yes, it does. But, like I said, they do plan to air a series finale so I'm trying to think of it as a miniseries.

Nevertheless: lousy, piece of shit, no good bastards!!!!!

9. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

You can always watch the original BBC series...

10. SkinWalker Archaeology / Anthropology Moderator

Whaaat?? There was no "original BBC series."

This show is American goddamit! Just like that show 11th Hour. American!

Next thing you know, you'll be saying the Brits started Dr. Who.

11. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

c
    I like this version! Anyway, the US series with only one season will actually include more episodes than the BBC series.

12. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

Stupid yanks, why do you have to cancel any show i get interested in. DAMIT DAMIT DAMIT.

13. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Hey, don't blame us all, it's those idiots at ABC. By the way, good episode tonight. Nice twist at the end regarding the motivation for the bombings.

14. eddie23 information sponge Registered Senior Member

yup cancelled just like oddesy 5, invasion, and dead like me.
    3 good shows that just went poof.No notice no nothig just gone.

15. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

I recall seeing what I assume was the pilot for a show in which some space shuttle astronauts witness the destruction of the earth while in orbit. Having barely survived earth's destruction, they soon meet up with an alien. The alien explains that he is the last survivor of a planet that was also destroyed by the same thing that just destroyed earth. This alien has the ability to travel back in time, but only a short distance. Unfortunately, he was off planet on a mission when his planet was destroyed and b the time he returned too much time had passed for him to go back and try to stop it. But, since the earth was just destroyed, he offers to send the humans back in time to try and prevent earth's destruction. They are sent back in time (their consciousness only which jumps into their bodies in the past) and meet up and start to try to come up with a plan to save the earth. This was, perhaps, a year ago but I never saw any further episodes of the show. Anybody else remember that one? Has it already come and gone, or was the pilot the only part ever filmed?

Last edited: Mar 5, 2009
  16. superstring01 Moderator

I am. It's wonderful, but I like the direction that the American one was going. I don't doubt that this is due to the fact that I'm American. There is some consolation that the spin-off, "Ashes to Ashes" starts here this Saturday.

~String

17. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

LOL, that's how I felt when they canceled Swingtown, but I wasn't quite so eloquent.

18. superstring01 Moderator

Oh. You use "Barbara Streisand" as profanity too, huh? Glad it just isn't me.

Sometimes I get really crazy and drop a "Rosie O'Donnell" or two. But that's only when I get REALLY angry.

~String

19. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

I'd be more inclined to say Jane Fonda (being from a military family and all)

20. eddie23 information sponge Registered Senior Member

That was odessy 5

21. superstring01 Moderator

I just won't even say that word out loud. I have my everlasting soul to look after!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

~String

22. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

So true!

23. Enmos Valued Senior Member