Life and death in Game of Thrones

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Plazma Inferno!, Apr 21, 2016.

1. Plazma Inferno! Ding Ding Ding Ding Administrator

With a new season around the corner (starting in 7 days), there's one question on every GoT's fan mind - which character is likelier to die next?
    This website applied machine learning algorithm to answer that question.

https://got.show/statistics

wegs and James R like this.
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

I've seen several episodes online, but I don't have cable, so I haven't been following it. What I've seen was provocative. Would like to see more.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Nice.

cluelusshusbund likes this.
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

Love the link! Totally agree with what episodes were the best and most suspenseful. If GoT starts becoming predictable, I'll be done with it.

8. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

I just started watchin GoT a few days ago an finished season 1... its the one that ended wit the 3 little creatures crawlin around on the blond girl who walked into a burial fire.!!!

An... the snot noise evil boy king... when will he get what hes got comin... no... dont tell me

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

wegs likes this.
  9. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

lol Okay no spoilers!

You're in for so much fun!

10. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Then let the fun continue... im gettin season 2 from the Liberry tomorow.!!!

Unlike the way so many shows end ther season wit sucky cliffhangers which aggravate more than anythang else... GoT season 1 showed how it ought to be done... wit all the fans bein deliciously pleased in antisipation of whats to come

11. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

You're so right. It's really superbly written and directed. Glad you are enjoying it. Didn't know they had it at the library.

12. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

I guess some do an some dont... but thats also how i watch "The Last Ship"... "Weeds"... "The Walkin Dead"... "Orange is the new Black" an a few others.!!!
    Almost ever day i get an email listin the new DVD's they have avalable an whatever i choose is held for me for a week an i have 9 to 16 days (depends on how many houres the DVD is) to return it or its off wit my head (a 50 cent fine per day)

13. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

We went ahead and subscribed to HBONow. Been watching after work. Am now in season 2. Joffrey is a sadist. My favorite character is the dwarf.

14. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Joffrey has issues for sure.!!!
    Do you thank Sadists are born that way or taut to behave the way they do.???

15. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

I don't know. Not even sure it's hereditary. The whole show is filled with extreme cruelty, which makes me ponder its success. My son told me it is the most pirated show on the internet. Anyway, I started season five yesterday.

16. Dr_Toad It's green! Valued Senior Member

As far as sadism goes, wait until you see what Ramsay Snow is capable of.

17. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

Yeah, that guy might be the worst of them all. Most are capable of some form of cruelty. I'm half way through season five now. I've been on a marathon binge this weekend.

18. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

After watching all available episodes--watching all the ways people are murdered in the show--I'm thinking which method of execution would be the most desirable and least desirable. Beheading seems to be the most merciful end, and flaying would be the worst ending, in my opinion. All others seem pretty painful or excessively gruesome.

19. Retribution Banned Banned

I remember mentioning this series in a thread years ago about fantasy novels people liked.

That it has now become an immensely popular tv series means a few things....

1. Y'all got the attention span of mayflies.
    2. No one reads books anymore.
    3. No one pays any attention to me.
    4. I understand quality before anyone else does.
    5. You weren't around back then.

Don't get me started on South Park... because there's another psychological thread right there.

20. Dr_Toad It's green! Valued Senior Member

3 sounds like a whine, and 4 pretty much proves it.

Bells likes this.
  21. Retribution Banned Banned

Can't respond with much... tongue stuck in cheek.

22. Bells Staff Member

I actually haven't watched a single episode of the show. I have read the books, several times and am avidly awaiting the next installment, which could mean it could be available in a few months to a few years [sigh]..

So y'all shouldn't paint everyone with the same brush.

That, right there, is proof that you know not of what you speak...

Mormon episode. Best.. Episode.. EVEERRRR.. Although the Lord of the Rings episode is a close second. My preeeciouussss... Although Token Black's 'five midgets and thousand island dressing' line will go down in history as the best of all time..

23. Retribution Banned Banned

One does have to wonder at which point a meme, coming from someone who absolutely detests them as a response in a discussion forum, might not be the simplest and best response one might make to that.

Would a description something alone the lines of a "slow shake of the head" really suffice, or do y'all need to have it pictorially represented?