Libya. The Air War.

Discussion in 'World Events' started by ULTRA, Mar 18, 2011.

1. ULTRA Realistically Surreal Registered Senior Member

The battle for Benghazi is thought to have killed dozens of rebels as loyalist soldiers infiltrate the city. Reports from the hospital, which was fired on by tanks, estimate 1,250 wounded.
    Snipers said to be responsible for the majority of casualties, while running battles with loyalist soldiers continue.
    Coalition sources say that they are loathe to hit the military vehicles in the city due to the proximity of civillians. But I think, from what I've seen, the civillians would welcome such intervention.
    Turkey has apparently finally agreed to a NATO handover by the Americans. The US cannot get out of the C&C role quickly enough it seems! But I think they've done well. The Libyan air-force is destroyed, as is the integrated missile defence system and radar installations.
    There are more bloody battles to come before any kind of peace is to be restored...

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. ULTRA Realistically Surreal Registered Senior Member

Explosions and anti-aircraft fire being heard by the CNN team in Tripoli, #Libya http://on.cnn.com/gRz2Wa The 6th day of the air-war.

Reuters: Libyan rebels kill 30 government snipers in Misrata and manage to reach center of town, according to rebel spokesman. The rebels are also asking for outside supplies of ammunition and supplies, and critically, anti-tank weaponry.

Libyan TV: Air strikes hit residential and military ares in Tripoli and Tajoura.

Carney Says U.S. to Have ‘Support and Assist Role’ in Libya http://bloom.bg/h1Ur4c Calls to give the rebels material support grows..Something of a departure from resolution 1973, which does not mandate material support. "All means necessary" might be open to interpretation however, though I can't see the Arab League taking such support very well.

Reports of renewed explosions and anti-aircraft fire in #Libya: http://bbc.in/g5x91m Tonights' bombing campaign kicks off again by the looks of things.

The UAE will not send 'planes to support the campaign, according to reports.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2011
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Yazata Valued Senior Member

Many news services are reporting that a French Rafale jet (sort-of) shot down a Libyan air force Soko Galeb that had just landed at Misurata. The French fighter used an air-to-surface missile to hit the plane on the runway. (Galebs are an older Yugoslav-built jet trainer/light attack type.) As far as I know, this is the first report of a Libyan aircraft taking to the skies since the campaign began.

But it's possible that Qaddafi planes have been flying in and out of airfields in southern Libya, perhaps ferrying in mercenaries from sub-Saharan Africa. The French say that they hit a airbase down in the desert and the Libyan media verifies a strike on a location identified as Jiffra. There are also reports that Sabha, a major oasis settlement far to the south, has been struck by somebody from the coalition.

Apparently the campaign is extending itself away from the coastal strip to take in the whole country. It's a big place. Libya has lots of square miles (ok Europeans, sq kms too) of endless and largely empty Sahara.

Looks like coalition jets were active against ground forces in Misurata and Ajabiya again last night. Unfortunately, the rebels don't seem to have the ability to follow up on the ground.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. ULTRA Realistically Surreal Registered Senior Member

Yes, I have heard the same information, it was confirmed by a French military official.

8. StrawDog disseminated primatemaia Valued Senior Member

More on double standards. It seems Gaddaffi had a point.
    Context.
    source

Comments?

9. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Sometimes human rights need to be pursued with the point of a gun or missile. I refer to the American or French revolutions. Obama never claimed to be a pacifist.

10. quadraphonics Bloodthirsty Barbarian Valued Senior Member

Stop spending so much of your time on kooky conspiracy theory sites - they can be entertaining, but are a rabbit hole of fantastical idiocy that one must be careful to avoid falling down.

Or at least, stop wasting our time with cut-and-paste jobs from such.

11. StrawDog disseminated primatemaia Valued Senior Member

To prove your point - pull it apart. :m:

12. quadraphonics Bloodthirsty Barbarian Valued Senior Member

LOL what kind of total newb do you think I am?

13. ULTRA Realistically Surreal Registered Senior Member

Conspiracy freakery. If you want to know why we're there read post 176, and watch the video. It'll teach you so much more...Unless you happen to think Gaddafi's troops killing babies is nothing to concern ourselves with..We don't even need any conspiracies! We have 28 nations involved here, and a piece of paper saying we are allowed to do what we're doing. Further, it compels us to protect Libyan civillians. Conspiracy? Phhhffft! Rubbish!

14. katsung47 Banned Banned

I think Libya (or rather, its oil) is a payment to Britain and France in a secret deal to exchange their support to war on Iran. (They will agree to let the "terror attack" takes place in thier country to justify the war.) Here is article posted in another thread "the true face of US politics".

662. Intensified persecution timed with Patriot Act (3/24/2011)

“Fearing the worst: Plant evacuated; 140,000 ordered to stay indoors”
    Japanese officials advised residents up to 19 miles away from the broken nuclear plant to stay indoors to minimize exposure. This news tell you well why the Feds created big snow storm in London, in San Francisco and New York when I alleged they tried to activate a nuclear attack, (or dirty bomb attack) on these cities. They knew what would happen. To minimize the cost, they let snow storm to keep residents home and keep the tourists away from the killing field.

In “654. A 90 days' project (11/30/2010)” kathaksung wrote,

“Anyhow, a new 90 days project is set up immediately. Here is a strange news.

"Israel's Netanyahu unveils U.S. plan for new talks

By Allyn Fisher-Ilan Allyn Fisher-ilan ¨C Sat Nov 13,

"

The US has given Israel a written guarantee that it won't pressure the Jewish state for additional settlement freezes if it accepts a limited 90 day construction moratorium to revive Mideast peace talks.”

The 90 days period should be from mid-November to mid- February. Feds determined to extinct kathaksung within 90 days. A “nuclear terror attack” and “war on Iran” are the cases just used to distract the attention on the framed case. In Feds’ mind, a witness of their crime is more important than any interest created by the war. Then why did they choose the February as their dead line?

Feb. 28 was the exterminate date of the Patriot Act. With virtually zero debate - or media attention, law makers extend that Act for another three months.

I always view the Patriot Act was created particularly against me. (see “231. Lone wolf (5/29)”, “ 334. Patriot Act meeting on 7/21 (8/17/05)” and “545. Warrantless wiretapping law and my case (3/19/08)”)

The Feb 26 plot, (marked with two unusual snow storms in New York and San Francisco) was a last ditch effort for Feds for the extinguished 2010 Patriot Act. A new plot is quickly set up for the extended Patriot Act (three months). I expect to see big operation in coming April and May. It will be big one. They made the 3/11 Japan earthquake the biggest ever in Japan’s history. If in coming month you saw big earthquake or other natural disaster, terror attack in US and Europe, (especially in Britain and France, because I think the rulers there will allow the “terror attack” to take place on their people in exchange for the oil interest of Libya) and then the “Patriot Act” extinguished in May without further extension, then you know the Feds have eliminated kathaksung.

15. quinnsong Valued Senior Member

U.ltra, what you have in Katsung47 is a true conspiracy theorist, now apologize to Strawdog!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

16. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

Then you aren't quite sane anymore. That's paranoid thinking, that is.
    If you were that dangerous, they would have questioned you and possibly detained you.

No, rereading your post-you think the Earthquake is about YOU?

That is very delusive thinking.

17. superstring01 Moderator

Wow. You post bullshit from conspiracy websites and WE'RE expected to comment on or debunk them! Rich.

~String

18. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

You're spot-on.
    Thinking the US government instituted a whole act specifically against him IS ridiculous.
    In fact the Patriot Act was created against me. And I've never even been to the States.

19. quinnsong Valued Senior Member

Oh yes you have I can feel your brain waves over here!

20. StrawDog disseminated primatemaia Valued Senior Member

Its a compelling piece. At least give it a brief scan and comment? I would appreciate your input. :m:

21. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

Shut it.

Webster "The Scholar" Tarpley is quite intelligent and informative. Can't say I agree with all of his analyses and ideas, but he does a better job than the psychophants who think they've made a brilliant point or comprehensive, compelling argument by throwing out the "conspiracy theorist" red herring.

Kudos to Strawdog for linking to that site.

22. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

He never claimed to be a "usurper" either. Doesn't mean much.

23. ULTRA Realistically Surreal Registered Senior Member

These are getting further away from the OP with each post. Please stop it with the conspiracy stuff or open a new thread or i'll ask my American military contacts to conduct a psy-ops mission against you.