Levitating box of tea in shop

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Magical Realist, Mar 5, 2015.

1. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

So we're just supposed to "have faith" that it is faked based on no evidence whatsoever. That sounds more like religion than science.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Tell me how an invisible force levitating a box of tea defies the laws of physics. Which law is being violated exactly?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Who said there is no evidence. It's simply plain old common sense, logic and how the world around us operates.
    To have the faith though to believe in such nonsense, is to be highly impressionable and gullible.
    Things like that don't happen without a logical reason, even though we may not know that logical reason.

8. Daecon Kiwi fruit Valued Senior Member

Okay then, what kind of mechanism could be causing the box to both defy gravity and give it forward momentum? Where's the kinetic energy coming from and how is it being transferred to the box?

9. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

I have faith in the video of the box levitating. That's what I'm seeing. That's what everybody is seeing. Saying it isn't doing what it appears to be doing requires some evidence or at least a plausible theory about how it was done. So how was it done?

Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
  10. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Could be an electromagnetic force. Who knows for sure?

11. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Here's another example of a moving object captured on CCTV:

12. rpenner Fully Wired Valued Senior Member

It is in a theater -- the type of place where Peter Pan flies and magicians set up shop.

A blurry camera is just the sort of thing that won't see black-painted stiff metal wires and fishing line, either of which could be used to make such objects appear to fly without support and those are just practical effects -- the types that don't involve doctoring the video.

13. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

It was a moving chair in the audience area late at night, not on stage and certainly NOT during a performance. The theater already had a reputation for other paranormal goings on.

"The building, which dates back to the 19th Century, is no stranger to spooky phenomenon.

Theatre manager Jai Sepple, 40, said: "There has been a lot of things happen here that are hard to explain.

"We have had darts hitting walls in an empty room, people being pushed when no one was there and even a child's bare footprints coming from nowhere.

"I am very sceptical of this kind of thing, but I can only go on what I see and experience and this certainly takes some explaining."====http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/ghost-theatre-spooky-cctv-footage-3926273

Last edited: Mar 6, 2015
  14. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Sounds like a great way to drum up advertising for the theater - record some blurry low quality video of stuff seemingly moving on its own, spread some ghost stories, and poof, instant attraction!

15. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Right on! That's the first thing I look for in deciding on what theater to go to--is it haunted? lol!

16. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

That's nice.....
    In the mean time as i said previously, things like that don't happen without a logical reason, even though we may not know that logical reason.

In the mean time, your gullibility to accept what logic and science says is impossible, is a problem you can only deal with yourself.

17. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

It isn't an issue of logic since a ghost doing it would certainly explain it logically. As for science saying it is impossible, where does it say that? Specifically, what branch of science deals in stating what is impossible? I must have missed that chapter in my science textbook..

18. Daecon Kiwi fruit Valued Senior Member

Or maybe it was Harry Potter, that'd be logical too, right?

19. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Only if there is evidence for the storybook character Harry Potter existing...You know of any?

20. Daecon Kiwi fruit Valued Senior Member

There's just as much evidence that Harry Potter exists as there is that ghosts exist.

That's the point.

21. Zeno Registered Senior Member

Pretty cool video Magical Realist. I don't think that could be done with fishing lines or wires because the movement of the box seems too smooth. If there were some kind of invisible lines I think we would see some kind of up and down or vibratory movement of some kind. The movement is perfectly smooth. Pretty weird.

22. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

You'd be more credible if you actually knew what you were talking about. Ofcourse like all skeptics you don't. You rely heavily on making absolute statements about a field of research you have no clue about and indeed probably don't even know exists. Fortunately after 12 years of studying the evidence for myself I can confidently say the evidence for ghosts is both abundant and undeniable. You should look into it yourself. It may surprise you.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2015
  23. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

That's what I was observing. Also the way the box moves out from the shelf steadily and without swinging makes a thread or threads seem unlikely.