Lets Stop Racism

Discussion in 'History' started by J.B, Nov 1, 2005.

1. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

D'ster:

That's a pity. How do you propose we end that racism?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Rick Valued Senior Member

bah, hardly true D'ster;

most of my friends are whites, i never had any problems, understand one thing : Some people are born to be like that, its like criminals, some are really crooks but some are good too...
    Rick

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

Racism is bred by ignorance, and the only way to combat ignorance is for people to know as much as they can about the facts of various cultures. The best way to accomplish this is by multiculturalism and desegregation, which has mostly been accomplished in this country.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. D'ster Registered Senior Member

We have to watch out for people who want to force other people to be around each other.
    The people that want to force people to be together against there will are by far the greatest cause of racism in the world. If people want to be around each other they will do it without being forced.

Quote James R:
    "That's why multiculturalism is such a great idea - it forces the lazy, stupid people to interact with other human beings and discover that they share things in common (though not necessarily stupidity and laziness)".

8. D'ster Registered Senior Member

Well let's learn about the facts of various cultures.

Todays News:
    Culture no excuse for aboriginal abusers - Australia
    Tue 23 May 2006

CANBERRA (Reuters) - Australia has been too slow to act on endemic sexual abuse of aboriginal women and children because of "cultural sensitivities", acting prime minister, Treasurer Peter Costello, said on Tuesday.

"It doesn't matter what the colour of your skin is -- a rape is a rape, child abuse is child abuse," said Costello.

"There is no such thing as a defence that says because you are aboriginal or because there is something in your culture this is permitted. It is not, it is a crime."

Costello's comments back a plan by Indigenous Affairs Minister Mal Brough to ask state and territory governments to scrap consideration of cultural law, which has been used by aboriginal offenders to get reduced sentences.

"I think that there's been a tendency to say, 'oh well, go a bit soft on some of these things because there's a cultural sensitivity'," Costello told Australian radio.

Last week a central Australian prosecutor said sexual violence, fuelled by alcohol and drug abuse, in black communities around the outback town of Alice Springs had been allowed because of fear and the cultural belief it was "men's business".

Prosecutor Nanette Rogers, who has worked in central Australia for 15 years, wrote a paper that detailed several disturbing cases. In two incidents, a seven-month-old baby girl and a two-year-old girl were raped by aboriginal men.

Alcohol, drug and sexual abuse amongst Australia's Aborigines has been occurring for decades with periodic media coverage sparking emotional debates about how to improve black living standards.

"I think some of the child welfare authorities have been too slow to remove children at risk because they don't want to be accused of stealing aboriginal children because of all of the history of that particular issue," Costello said.

"So I think the outcome of this is that the law enforcement has been too soft and it's got to be toughened up considerably."

Australia's 458,500 Aborigines, around 2.3 percent of the population, are dying at almost three times the rate of other Australians and have a life expectancy 17 years lower than the rest of the population.

In central Australia, homicide is the leading cause of premature death for aboriginal women, who are also 45 times more likely to suffer domestic violence than white women.

Local media reported on Tuesday that the Northern Territory's largest aboriginal community at Wadeye, 450 km (280 miles) southwest of the territory's capital Darwin, has spiralled into lawlessness with two black gangs running riot through the town.

The Age newspaper reported on Tuesday that Wadeye local council is considering evacuating up to 300 people to Darwin from the town of about 2,500 so they could receive basic services.

The Northern Territory branch of the Australian Medical Association has called for the military to be sent in to restore law and order in some remote communities.

But Costello, who is leading the country while Prime Minister John Howard and his deputy prime minister are overseas, rejected the call to use the military, saying crime was a police matter.

The government's budget, handed down earlier this month, set aside A$3.3 billion (1.3 billion pounds) this year for indigenous affairs, but Costello said the money could be tied to better governance of black communities.

"I actually think maybe it should be tougher -- that the condition of receiving welfare should require attendance at school, good parenting and so on. Money on more stringent conditions that is directed towards outcomes," he said.
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,3-2193886,00.html

9. D'ster Registered Senior Member

Today's news:

Aboriginal male rape problem in Australia

CANBERRA, Australia, May 20 (UPI) -- A look at sexual abuse in aboriginal communities finds the rape of boys surprisingly high, especially compared with the rest of Australia.

Researchers from the Queensland University of Technology interviewed 301 indigenous men between 18 and 74 years old from Cape York, the Tiwi Islands and southeast Queensland.

Thirty-three percent said they had been abused, much higher than the 12 percent of men in the rest of the country, The Australian reports.

Researchers say the problem is exacerbated by a culture of silence where victims feel ashamed or afraid of speaking out.

The findings come on the heels of major calls to address the abuse of aboriginal girls and women.

A summit of local and state leaders has been called by Australian Federal Indigenous Affairs Minister Mal Brough.

But criticism of law enforcement in the aboriginal areas in the Northern Territory has prompted the state's Chief Minister, Clare Martin, to threaten a boycott of the summit.
    http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/view.php?StoryID=20060520-121308-2795r

10. G. F. Schleebenhorst England != UK Registered Senior Member

Racism is an instinct.

Distrust of foreigners is perfectly reasonable. We distrust and are wary(sp?) of people who are markedly different in appearance from us.

It's nature. So is segregation. That's what seas and mountains used to do.

Multiculturalism just ends up in riots.

11. guthrie paradox generator Registered Senior Member

Except that distrust of foreigners is not exactly the same as racism.

And multiculturalism does not end up in riots, what ends up in riots is deliberate separation and racism. Multiculturalism is the opposite of the stuff tha tbrings about riots.

12. D'ster Registered Senior Member

The blacks in Los Angeles were threating to riot if OJ was found guilty.

13. QuarkMoon I Registered Senior Member

As a result of percieved racism.

14. guthrie paradox generator Registered Senior Member

Now, what is multiculturalism? Is it about people who form different ethnic and social groups turning inwards and spurning contact with others? I would have thoguht that was called ghettoising.
    No, multiculturalism is when you accept the differences and mix in with the different people. It is entirely possible to value and accept your own culture whilst getting on ok with your neighbour, who for example happens to be from Nigeria.

15. G. F. Schleebenhorst England != UK Registered Senior Member

Well, however you look at it, multiple cultures within one country always ends up in turmoil. How can you argue with history? Look at all the places the jews have been thrown out of. Look at Iraq....even two slightly different parts of the same religion living in the same place ends up in conflict....Northern Ireland is another example. Look at just about every civil war that has ever happened.

It's pretty simple: multiculturalism doesn't work.

The reason we haven't done (or haven't BEEN ABLE to do) anything about these problems is simple: The Nazi party. Since WWII anyone with any opinion other than "Please come and take a slice of the white man's pie" is labelled a racist.

So, ironically enough, Hitler is the reason there are all these smelly foreign people living in our country....and they all have one thing in common.

They hate us.

It's exactly the same. The problem is that some people think that racism's only definition is "the belief that one race is superior to another" when in fact it's more complicated than that by a long way and includes "discrimination solely based on race" and about a million other things.

16. QuarkMoon I Registered Senior Member

Do they actually smell, or are you simply intolerant? Also, when referring to countries like the United States, who are the foreigners?

What makes you think that?

17. G. F. Schleebenhorst England != UK Registered Senior Member

About the smelly thing; I was being facetious, sweety pie.

They really do hate us.

They want to fuck white women and kill white men.

Just remember, in the words of the ANC:

"When Mandela dies, we'll kill you whites like flies".

I wasn't referring to the USA. None of you are indigenous anyway, you wiped out the natives by conquest, nothing wrong with that - but you can't really complain about "immigrants", although I really don't want to get into that. I don't really care about the affairs of that particular country, what I am talking about really is Europe.

18. QuarkMoon I Registered Senior Member

Sorry, it's hard to tell over the internet.

Why do they want to do this? Why do they find White women so appealing, and what have the White men done to deserve death?

ANC - I assume you're referring to the African National Congress? It seems to me those were words of anger toward oppressors. Do you disagree? I also think those sentiments are not shared by other non-Whites, why do you feel they are?

True, it seems to me Europe is the only region Whites can truly call their own (and Russia). So, if Whites have the right to complain about, deport, and restrict access to foreigners, then shouldn't the natives of the various European colonies have that same right? If not, why?

19. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

Maybe for stupid people like you, but for people with an ounce of logic, and iota and intelligence, or a semblance of civility, no it isn't/

No, racism and resistance to multiculturalism ends up in riots.

There is absolutely no logical reason to hate other ethnic groups. We're all humans, here, you fucktard.

20. G. F. Schleebenhorst England != UK Registered Senior Member

Of course they should have the "right"....the question is, can they?

Like I said, anyone forced to live under someone else deserves to live under someone else.

21. G. F. Schleebenhorst England != UK Registered Senior Member

You argue like a 16 year old yank on some counter strike forum.

It also sounds like you got your opinions from watching Oprah Winfrey. Maybe one day you will have your own opinions rather than those of your parents/friends/favourite rockstar.

Unless you can conduct yourself in a more polite manner I will just ignore you.

22. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

D'ster:

Nah. It'll be good from them in the long run. Open their eyes a bit, rather than letting them think they live in some kind of bubble.

23. D'ster Registered Senior Member

Well count me out,
    who would want to live with people who rape children at such extreamly high rates as do the Australian Aboriginal people. Why would anyone want to force others to live in such a barbaric and violent conditions with the Australian Aboriginal people?

Are you unable to teach the Australian Aboriginal people not to rape and murder each other so much?