Lets Stop Racism

Discussion in 'History' started by J.B, Nov 1, 2005.

1. Chatha big brown was screwed up Registered Senior Member

"Apes are cool " Hell yeah, them little fur balls are cuddly, especially the gorrila. Me thinks we are on the same page man.

"Therefore metaphorically speaking 'beauty' really is only 'skin deep' so why don't we all just get along?"
    Eh...I don't agree with that sir, beauty is not skin deep. To me certain races are more cuddly while certain are more beautiful, certain types are more elegant, and certain types are down right perculiar.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. sniffy Banned Banned

repeat no such thing as race

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. D'ster Registered Senior Member

How many times did you have to "repeat no such thing as race" to yourself untill you really started to believed it?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. D'ster Registered Senior Member

Does that "etc" your wrote include intelligence too?

8. sniffy Banned Banned

I really believe it because it's true. The human genome project? I don't know what nationality you are but Newsweek was one of the first to go 'public' about it at least ten years ago.

Human 'races' are a societal/cultural invention. Genetically humans are very closely linked regardless of skin colour. The person standing next to you on the street could be linked more closely than you own blood relative. That's not to deny the reality of racism and its horrors or that different people are diverse in their habits or beliefs. However the fact that we are the same 'under the skin' should humble us all or at least make us think a bit.
    That's my hope...

9. sniffy Banned Banned

Intelligence can vary widely between one human and another. Anyway it's not how big your brain is it's how you use it...

10. D'ster Registered Senior Member

Colour of skin and size of eyes can vary widely between one human and another.

I'm talking about racial GROUPS.

Do you think there is even close the same amount of intelligence between Africans and the Japanese?

11. Zephyr Humans are ONE Registered Senior Member

Well, to do a properly controlled experiment, you'd need to take a random sample of newborns from somewhere in Africa and somewhere in Japan ... give them identical upbringings, nutrition, education ... and run various tests throughout their lives.

Ethically, though, it'd be a bit of a dodgy thing to try.

12. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

Yeah, way to fail at basic knowledge of human evolution.

13. D'ster Registered Senior Member

To all people who are honest with themselves and the world,

it is clear that the group of people who most resemble our ansesters the ape are the black african peoples.

The link is not missing.

14. D'ster Registered Senior Member

The "properly controlled experiment" has been done, it's called evolution.

15. Zephyr Humans are ONE Registered Senior Member

No ... just no.

More related to the thread's topic, does anyone know what actually causes racism? The need to feel superior? Lack of real contact with people of different skin colour? A deep, hidden fear that they may actually have brown/pink tendencies themselves?

16. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

D'ster:

Sure. What do you suggest?

17. lightsmitten Registered Member

The cause of Racism? I'd say it's familial affection gone astray (race being perceived as an extended family) and racial self-interest. In other cases it is lack of contact with other races. In other cases it is the actual behaviour of other races (the possible environmental causes of which behaviour the racist may be entirely ignorant).

Last edited: May 28, 2006
  18. D'ster Registered Senior Member

The majority of whites become "racist" the MORE they have contact with blacks or hispanics.

19. D'ster Registered Senior Member

Try to stick up for white people the same as you have been sticking up for blacks and hispanics.

20. Zephyr Humans are ONE Registered Senior Member

But we do. The moment someone comes onto this forum and says white people are stupid compared to other 'races', or white people should be 'sent back to where they came from', they'll get a mouthful!

21. D'ster Registered Senior Member

Originally Posted by Brian Foley
    Because we White people have royally fucked over their countries

22. Zephyr Humans are ONE Registered Senior Member

Yeah, and I said I disagreed with that generalisation.

23. QuarkMoon I Registered Senior Member

Are Whites, Blacks, and Hispanics the only ethnicities in the world? Are they the only people who experience racism?