Leopold's ban by Trippy

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by Varda, Sep 11, 2011.

1. Gustav Banned Banned

you can say that again, trippy

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. sifreak21 Valued Senior Member

I call bullshit here trippy if it was u would have said that at the start of your fail defence

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Trippy ALEA IACTA EST Staff Member

Are you claiming omniscience?

I ask, because that is the only way you could reasonably claim to know which arguments I have considered and when.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2011
  6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. adoucette Caca Occurs Valued Senior Member

Because if they had it, they would use it.
    But they don't use it.

No, to claim they have made any significant progress without ANY evidence is ridiculous.

Indeed, can you even point to a limited test or demonstration of this ability?

Well known failure:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Stormfury

8. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

The Happy Medium

Don't you think there is something reasonably in between, though?

I forget what your schooling level is, but surely you encountered some form of "How to Write a Research Paper". We don't even expect that level of effort; it seems too much to ask of our users. But something resembling a thesis, some support, and perhaps a summary recap in order to make one's point clear isn't necessarily too much to ask.

And no, I don't always live up to it, either. But people are perfectly willing to match me snarl for snarl, and then some. Few, however, are willing to match me source for source. And then there arise the issues of context and interpretation; it is rare to see eye to eye, even with one's fellow partisans.

Still, though, there is a happy medium for presenting an idea; I would ask everyone to consider that.

9. Trippy ALEA IACTA EST Staff Member

As I believe I have suggested, I don't expect thesis level material. For example, in the incident in question, inclusion of a link to the original footage in the OP, and at least being able to say "Mostly engineering, but there was an atmospheric physicist" when asked the question "What is the background of the astronauts involved?" would have gone a long way.

Preferably, I would have appreciated some form of a definitive statement in the OP about what, precisely, you're trying to assert, and a quote of what, precisely, I'm supposed to be listening for.

To the first point, however, if the point is to post a news article for general discussion (for example, about a new discovery), I am willing to grant some lee way on this.