Learning Yoga by yourself

Discussion in 'Eastern Philosophy' started by oscar, Sep 27, 2007.

1. oscar confusoid Registered Senior Member

I did some searching but some results were pretty bleh.

I'm thinking about getting the Ashtanga Yoga book + DVD from Amazon but I remembered that you're not supposed to learn Yoga on your own otherwise you could hurt yourself. The thing is that I took Yoga lessons, for a full semester at school, about 4 years ago (Ashtanga too) and maybe I can pull it off if I bring myself to remember how to do it and learn from Swenson's material. Should I get back to Yoga on my own or should I consider taking lessons once more?

(and "hi again" to those of you who happen to remember me, it's been a while

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

)

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. oscar confusoid Registered Senior Member

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to come off as flippant when I mentioned not finding good results. So far, there's been 78 views and no responses, I've been reading around and I guess the consensus really IS to have a teacher. Oh well, time to find a Yoga studio.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Exhumed Self ******. Registered Senior Member

I think you don't have much to worry about, just go with your preference. I've done yoga from videos too, and it's been good so far. My friend has learned yoga only from books for a few years and is pretty good at it.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.