lean athletic working guys going out with fat American girls

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by draqon, Mar 2, 2010.

1. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

This has got to be one of the best composed quotes I have heard for a long time.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

Dragon darling why don't you simply return to Russia? Apply for school over there or something and stop harassing yourself with nostalgia.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

This means I have to reconsider what the OP says about fat women and lean guys. Are they even a size 10?

:bugeye:

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

Exactly! Bizarre isn't it? Those women are totally normal sized but by industry standards they are labeled 'fat'. Then everyone wonders why there are so many bulimics and anorexics in very young women. Its a mind fuck!

Irish actor Pierce Brosnan is gorgeous and he could have almost any woman but he chose to marry one that is now quite large and he doesn't seem to mind:

http://blogs.pointradio.com/files/20...haye-smith.jpg

http://www.cinemaretro.com/uploads/BROSNANWIFE2.jpg

Last edited: Mar 30, 2010
  8. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

She used to be skinny so its not really a valid example

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. Stoniphi obscurely fossiliferous Valued Senior Member

Traditionally speaking, over the long term of the centuries, men have preferred women who were heavier over those who were skinnier for obvious reproductive advantage. A woman with some serious body fat was much more likely to survive having a few kids and the occasional bout of the plague than a scrawny one.

The classic sexy woman was more Renoir's style than Twiggy. The adoration of pubescent thinness is a recent product of American commercial hype.

Further, many men prefer those hefty heifers because they like the idea that other guys will not find them so attractive and will not pursue them. I have a friend who married an girl who feels just this way - he gets her all to himself.

Actually, most guys are only concerned with a few particular female attributes that are there regardless of the weight of the female and may well be...outstanding on a heavy girl.

Heck, we all know that true beauty is within anyways. No matter how nice someone may look, if they are a screaming bitch, nobody wants to be around them long-term and they make lousy parents.

10. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

Yeah but don't you think that if weight were so important a criteria he would have been put off so to speak at that kind of weight gain?

Obviously he really loves her but I thought maybe it would serve as an example of how a man could overlook a woman's size.

I mean she's been big for a while now and shows no signs of getting back into that 'little black dress'. He thinks it so great that he snogs her on the beach and she's wearing a bikini which you have to feel really secure about yourself to do.

If you want to know if I ever got that large I probably would take to the burkha

11. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

But we're talking about guys "going out" with fat girls. Perhaps 20 years of marriage has its own compensations. Ah wait, this is his second wife, its the first one that was around for 17 years. This one has only been around for barely a decade. She has to be a confident woman with a husband that good looking.

12. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

Yeah I agree. He's pretty good at picking good life partners. His first wife died and this one is working well without drama like the first.

It says a lot about him...a lot of good things.

13. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Agreed. Now if only we could clone him.

14. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

LOL!!!

Here here:cheers:

15. sandy Banned Banned

I think choosing a woman based on her BMI is idiotic. People's bodies change. And most men I see have a gut. Not so attractive. I have never had a weight issue but I find them stupid.

16. I Push Wood Dreadlocked Skateboard Fanatic Registered Senior Member

Tis not just American guys! Had a chat about my mate's new girlfriend with him the other day, and one of his shocking stories (there are always loads) was that she was about twice the size she is now... "She was fuckin' big man!" He exclaims, "She showed me her old jeans, huge!"

What size, you may ask?

She was an English size ten, American six...

I smacked round him because that's my lady's size

17. sandy Banned Banned

I am a curvy 7. The average American woman is a 14. I never understand a hot chick going out with a fat, bald(ing) guy with glasses and bad teeth. This amazes me.

18. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

What in the OP gave you the idea that they were choosing their dates based on BMI? He simply states that there are some guys who choose to 'date' what he considers to be fat women.

I hate to tell you this Sandy but I find 'YOU' to be stupid.

Only when it comes to critical and analytical thinking though. I'm sure you're fine the rest of the time.

19. clusteringflux Version 1. OH! Valued Senior Member

Absolutely shocking! This girl is obviously not the brightest crayon in the box. That or she's got some mental/emotional issues that need tending to. With his money she could have trainers, a pool/gym and best health/nutrition products.
    With his looks he has women falling over themselves to be with him...WHAT on god's green earth is she thinking?

....Of course 007 may really like the BBW..After all she's certain to be shak'n if or if not stirred.

20. sandy Banned Banned

WTF is wrong with you? I didn't say anyone was choosing based on BMI. I said it was stupid. Why do you liberals always turn threads into personal attacks? Jeez.

21. The Marquis Only want the best for Nigel Valued Senior Member

Yes, but then one could argue that a fit, athletic female is also healthier, from an evolutionary perspective.
    Perception is the key here, not evolutionary necessity.

It's a little difficult to believe that our current obsession with thinness was orginally the result of a marketing decision. This started pretty much in the twenties (In the US) where "marketing" was a profession very much in its infancy and probably did not go so far as to deliberately determine and then nurture an obsession. I may be wrong, but one only needs to look at the advertising of the time to see how unsophisticated it was, by modern standards.

While I can not point my finger at any particular thing which may have led to the current preference, nor can I quite follow any theory that many western men prefer their women not to be fat was a predetermined strategy. Current marketing certainly does pander to that preference, but I do not believe it originally dictated it.
    It's too simplistic an answer, and one too commonly accepted without any real thought. Those evil, evil advertising executives. Easy.

Of course, it is an unfortunate tendency that so many of the overweight girls are exactly that. Or so painfully retiring that they become uninteresting.
    Confidence, it seems, is one of the things which make us attractive - particularly in the male. I'm sure you can see where this is heading.

I am actually a little tired of hearing this. It is one of those down to earth folksy quotes of wisdom which is, essentially, an idealistic fallacy.
    You are not going to take the animal out of the man quite so easily.

22. staciet Registered Member

I have to comment on this. I am a "fat chick" and have never had a problem getting or keeping a man. Not to mention a man that my friends find attractive. Unfortunately, because he is an attractive man his friends have made comments as to why he would date me. His response to this has always been that my smile stole his heart. I do not know what attracted him to me and it doesn't bother me that others question him about us. We have an amazing relationship, physically and mentally. I am who I am and I happen to be the "fat chick". Look at me or look away it's your choice, but you shouldn't question the choices of others.
    Happily fat and in love.

23. draqon Banned Banned

Well be happy you fat staciet. Be very happy. Enjoy changing guys like gloves.