Last life period of the common ancestor for apes

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by timojin, Nov 15, 2015.

1. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Yes, but they have more genetic diversity. You can drop one in a forest naked and they will survive, while a human would likely die.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Scientists are always asking questions. The difference though is that they are trying to expand our knowledge, while you have an agenda.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. timojin Valued Senior Member

I don't have any agenda , You have a set mind and you think your way is the only way.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. timojin Valued Senior Member

Sorry that argument would not work . Neanderthal was in Europa during ice age , around 200000 year ago and there were several periods of glaciation. By the way I have seen human walking with bare feet in snow for a long period .

8. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

You certainly seem to have an antievolution agenda.

No that is not correct, it is not the ONLY way, it is the BEST way. Evolution is the best explanation for the observations and evidence that is available. If you have a better explanation then I am sure that it would be embraced by the scientific community. No theory is carved in stone - if there is a better explanation it would replace the old theory. I am not saying that it would be easy - it would have to be a pretty damn convincing theory.

9. timojin Valued Senior Member

I have not questioned evolution , as a matter of fact I believe in some form of evolution . But I am not going to swallow some things presenter and not question them.
    You mentioned observation . Observation from different position might give different conclusion.

10. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

It's a fact, there multiple living species of non-human ape and only one species of human.

11. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Pull the other one...It whistles!
    Of course you have an agenda. Remember telling lies makes little baby Jesus cry.

12. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

There are six non-human species of Great Ape, and seventeen species of Lesser Ape (the gibbons), which are distributed among four genera.

I suppose it's not entirely impossible that somewhere on this planet there is a tiny community of humans of a different species. But as I said earlier, it will be incredibly difficult for them to remain undiscovered forever. As I also said, it will be somewhat easier to escape discovery if they're considerably smaller than our species.

13. timojin Valued Senior Member

. It is sad that you have to bring religion. in order to to bash my position.

14. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Just stating it as it is. It's as obvious and stands out as dogs balls do.

15. timojin Valued Senior Member

Thank you for your input to science

16. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Thank you for your vain useless attempt to discredit science. The way of most religious fanatics!

17. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

I am interested, what is that form of evolution? Maybe if your postion was clear the discussion could move forward...
    Like what? I do not think anyone has presented anything that does not have evidence to back it up.
    What is this different conclusion?

18. sculptor Valued Senior Member

Science changes. With new instrumentation or new discoveries, we measure things differently and form different conclusions.
    For 2 generations anthropology believed that Vere Gordon Childe had the answers as to how we evolved monumental architecture until Klaus Schmidt put shovel to earth at Göbekli Tepe, then we became confused and started looking for a new paradigm. Ten years ago it was widely believed that humans differentiated from chimps about 7 million years ago, then further study into genetic mutation indicated that the rift had most likely happened closer to 13 million years ago. There is no such thing as "settled science".

Our understanding of our earth and our origins is constantly evolving. And that is the joy and wonder of it all.

19. timojin Valued Senior Member

Since you admitted that you have not read my post # 41 what else can I tell you . you keep your understanding and I will keep mine until more evidence comes from the field .
    Please read Sculptor post #75 It should help you .

20. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

No I told you I did read it. It was pointed out to you why the ideas in post 41 did not make sense.
    So even if you are shown why your idea is wrong you will keep it? Why would you do that?
    No that didn't help at all. We have theories that are the best theories to explain the observations and the evidence. There can be better theories in future. Your ideas (at least the ones that you have shared) have been shown to NOT support the evidence and observations. Science will accept better theories, but have a worse theory than the current theory is what you are doing and that makes no sense.

21. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

Ardipithecus ramidus was discovered eleven years ago--the first (and as far as I know so far the only) fossil that clearly displays the anatomical differences that distinguish humans from chimpanzees. These are primarily traits that facilitate bipedal walking at the expense of less efficient tree-climbing. Ardi's hips are configured for a balanced, erect stance, and her (the first fossil was female) feet have only one prehensile toe (the hallux or "big toe"), which makes it possible but not efficient to climb up into the trees to evade predators, but not to live there, while making it much easier and more comfortable to walk on just two feet.

22. sculptor Valued Senior Member

Are you discounting the posted by Gil McVean et.al.?

23. sculptor Valued Senior Member