Last life period of the common ancestor for apes

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by timojin, Nov 15, 2015.

1. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. timojin Valued Senior Member

Unfortunately the beautiful chart is a hoch poch , Question where is the so called common ancestor , this chart does not show any roots
    But definitively thank you for your input. I will continue explore in my mind.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

The common ancestor of any two species are where the lines meet. Note, these are only the species for which DNA evidence is available. And the length of the lines represent amount of difference.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

I understand your confusion. The simplified depictions of the ape family tree usually end with man at the top of the tree - so it seems like that is the 'pinnacle'. But that is just a bias that is put into the tree. It is like in the USA all of the maps show the US as the center of the map and north is up. But there is no center and there is no up or down, it is just convention.

8. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

Don't explore in your mind - explore using data.

Chimp/Human common ancestor

9. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

What you consistently fail to understand is that humans are apes. We are, specifically, one of the seven species of the family of great apes or Hominidae, to use the biological classification.

The Wikipedia article on the Hominidae is well-written and easy to understand. I suggest that you read it before you post again. You have some ideas that are simply dead wrong.

10. timojin Valued Senior Member

If you look on post # 20 I am stating that I human I am part of apes ( Now I look at the 4 branches # 4 human , # 3 chimp # 2 Gorilla # 1 Orangutan ...... I call the trunk biological appe .)
    Please read first and don't pre judge

11. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

Well looks like we are back to the beginning, so will ask again:

What makes you think "man is the last one of the apes"?
    Why do you think the common ancestor "should be alive or vanished after the birth of man"?

12. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I believe you just mean a non-human ape. Which is fine for the purposes of this discussion.

13. timojin Valued Senior Member

I and you we are apes for this discussion

14. timojin Valued Senior Member

All three apes appeared in the evolution or creation earlier then ( man ape ) hominid
    The common ancestor must have been alive so the himide ( man ape ) would be produced .
    Now each ape will each his own branch

15. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

I guess you just can't see that you have a bias that man is the goal. But even looking at it your way chimps and man are a fork at the top of the tree. They both occupy 'the last spot'.

16. timojin Valued Senior Member

You can call it a fork , Hominid made a constant progress the other apes remained as the were, The other apes had more time to evolve, yet they did not , even if we look into the longevity of the ape group.

17. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

Again you have a bias that you just can't seem to see. Both man and chimps evolved. Intelligence is NOT the goal of evolution so you cannot talk about man 'progressing' and chimps not 'progressing', it makes no sense. All you can say is both man and chimps evolved after they split from the common ancestor.

18. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

No. As I explained earlier in this thread, the bonobo and the "true" chimpanzee speciated a mere one million years ago. This makes us an earlier species than the chimpanzees that live today.
    I assume you meant to write hominid, not "himide," which is not a word. The common ancestor of humans and chimpanzees died out several million years ago. At that point, the human evolutionary line and the chimpanzee evolutionary line were developing in separate directions.
    I'm not sure what that sentence is supposed to mean, since it contains no verb. Your rampant grammatical errors make your posts somewhat difficult to comprehend.

Please do us the favor of reviewing your writing and correcting the errors before you hit the "Post Reply" button.

19. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

The chart I posted clearly proves you wrong, there is more diversity among chimps than in hominids in terms of numbers of species.

20. timojin Valued Senior Member

who cares about their diversity , they are longer time in their existance

21. timojin Valued Senior Member

Thanks for your view .
    "Both man and chimps evolved." from what ? point me the ancestor.. It seams that the common ancestor is some magical creature .

22. Kristoffer Giant Hyrax Valued Senior Member

The common ancestor split into separate species, that in turn evolved into what we have today.

23. timojin Valued Senior Member

This a science forum and not a grammar forum. Even I appreciate your correction . beside if I spelled One time wrong HOMINID that is not a great deal. (Now each ape will each his own branch) It meant to be
    Now each ape will evolve on ist own branch . Now I hope mister STAFF MEMBER YOU ARE HAPPY